• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dishonored II teaser image and hashtag for a reveal 3+ months away leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe Arkane Studios within Bethesda is already talking about Dishonered 2 and Bethesda Game Studios is still "a while" until they announce their new game. Looks like Pete Hines gave Todd Howard and BGS a long leash with all the money Skyrim made..

Hope its real. First game was pretty fun. Don't think I'd pick up a sequel Day 1 but I'd get around to it.

EDIT: And March brings with it pre-E3 hype. Best gaming "season".

Can't believe Arkane Studios within Bethesda is already talking about Dishonered 2 and Bethesda Game Studios is still "a while" until they announce their new game. Looks like Pete Hines gave Todd Howard and BGS a long leash with all the money Skyrim made..

Aren't Arkane independent, so to speak?

Aren't Arkane independent, so to speak?

You may be right but still can't get over how long Bethesda Gme Studios is taking for their newest game. Skyrim released 11/11/11 which is two and a half years ago and we still don't even have an announcement. Other AAA developers have released and announced multiple games in the same time frame. I just a big BGS fan, an inpatient one at that.

LeBart

You may be right but still can't get over how long Bethesda Gme Studios is taking for their newest game. Skyrim released 11/11/11 which is two and a half years ago and we still don't even have an announcement. Other AAA developers have released and announced multiple games in the same time frame. I just a big BGS fan, an inpatient one at that.

They do tend to make pretty huge games...

Dishonored sold better than Bethesda expected, I remember them discussing the possibility of a sequel in light of that.

Consider also the depth of the world Dishonored is set in.

I don't think it's implausible.

However, didn't Arkane inherit Prey 2? It's most likely vaporware but if Prey 2 still exists, and Arkane is working on it, wouldn't that mean Arkane have their hands full? THey aren't a big studio.

SharkJAW

Seems way too silly to be showing this now when we have that big survival horror game coming out soon from Bethesda (forgot the name).
Evil Within? I'd wager that they cover different enough grounds, aside from the fact that Evil Within is more likely to release much earlier than Dishonored 2.

Marjar

Banned
I want to believe.

Dishonored was amazing despite the lackluster, predictable storyline (although the actual lore in books/letters/etc. was pretty good). I can see them doing some really neat things for a sequel after playing the DLC.

delta25

Banned
I really hope they don't change up the original look/design or the art direction in favor of some flashy new next gen engine.

This and Arkham Knight and the other new games we will see at E3 this year better not be cross gen.

Otherwise why even have a next gen?

Village

Jeezus christ I swear if I se another one of these
moLu8CX.jpg

Dont play with my soul.

If legit, I hope it's more like the Brigmore Witches and less like the main game in terms of story, characters, etc.

I also really good they don't bring Corvo back, especially not after letting us play as the great Daud.

jschreier

I somehow doubt Arkane is working on both Prey 2 and Dishonored 2.
They sure are. Arkane Austin is working on Prey 2; Arkane Lyons is working on the next Dishonored. Also, this image is probably fake. The guy who posted it said in this very thread that he got it from a random anonymous email.

Shadownet

Banned
I remember the time when before Dishonored came out and people were like "that just look like a Thief knockoff with supernatural element!"

Now it's "that just look like a Dishonored knock off"

How time has changed. Still I'm excited! Loved the first one.

Hopefully this one will be open world.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Could someone please explain to me what is the point of hashtags? Do people check what's trending or something? Is there any value to it if it's not trending? Seriously what are they for?

taoofjord

Please be real! Dishonored is one of my favorite games in years and while I've been expecting a sequel I'd be thrilled if it was getting revealed this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom