• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor every MWIII launch map is a remastered MW2 (2009) map

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Tom Henderson's insider gaming reported this as well.

Very interesting. Bring on the Actibliz merger so I can atleast get it on gamepass...

supernova8

Banned
Sounds like we need another Battlefront/FFXIV/Sim City/Cyberpunk situation where people either boycott the game or all get refunds. Hit them in the wallet where it hurts and then we'll get something good for a change.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Dual Model 1887 on Favela with One Man Army.

favela2.jpg

Bring on the Terminator!!!!!
1397000-1887.jpg

supernova8

Banned
I was just messing around

Doesn't matter what we say or do anyway the usual youtube/streamers will do their "I won't buy the new CoD" before logging in day one with the masses just behind
I mean hey at least it's not as bad as the mainline Pokemon games. You could even argue that Call of Duty has had some pretty (surprisingly) substantial improvements (not to mention visually) considering it's almost guaranteed to sell tens of millions of copies either way.

Zheph

I mean hey at least it's not as bad as the mainline Pokemon games. You could even argue that Call of Duty has had some pretty (surprisingly) substantial improvements (not to mention visually) considering it's almost guaranteed to sell tens of millions of copies either way.
True but check how many studios are working on the new CoD each year... it's wild honestly

Erkuza

Banned
I saw an internal preview of it
literally the same game with a new (rather useless) viewpoint
So is the classic mini map coming back? What about dead silence a perk?

If the maps are remastered and not remade with doors and new camping spots everywhere I might pick it up

Zheph

So is the classic mini map coming back? What about dead silence a perk?

If the maps are remastered and not remade with doors and new camping spots everywhere I might pick it up
Bro it was a quick trailer they don't go over all the content/perks available

If you just wait one day after release you will get your answers tho (maybe before depending on the previews)

supernova8

Banned
True but check how many studios are working on the new CoD each year... it's wild honestly
Good point, but then at least it shows they're throwing a decent truck load of cash at the game. Pokemon probably doesn't even get a 100th of what COD gets to fund development.

Killer8

Now we know why the MW2 remaster was missing multiplayer. They were sitting on the maps they remade for a rainy day like this.

I just want to go back to MW2, the last true CoD made by the real Infinity Ward team. That game was probably the most fun I ever had both in campaign and multiplayer. Was it balanced? Hell no. Was it super fun? Fuck yeah it was. The graphics are also in my opinion the pinnacle of old school design. You had almost 0 post processing, super clean visuals yet gritty and detailed textures and models. The gunplay was nice and simple, but also very enjoyable. The game was made by passionate gamers to be something fun that they'd want to play, just like how old Bungie was regarding Halo 1-3 development. It was just such a better era than the shit we have going on now.

Sethbacca

Apparently COD peaked in 2009 and now just gets re-released every few years. It's probably time for this franchise to die, but they'll milk these cows till the money stops flowing.

Yea but here is the problem. The game will no doubt have unlimited sprint like the last two and they'll add bunny rabbits, Michael Myers and Lizzo's fat fuckin ass within a month of release.

It doesn't matter what the maps are when the game is fucking dogshit. I got MW2 as birthday gift because I didn't want to waste my own money on it. It was so bad that I'm now at the point where I don't even wan tot waste anyone else's money on it.

I just want to go back to MW2, the last true CoD made by the real Infinity Ward team. That game was probably the most fun I ever had both in campaign and multiplayer. Was it balanced? Hell no. Was it super fun? Fuck yeah it was. The graphics are also in my opinion the pinnacle of old school design. You had almost 0 post processing, super clean visuals yet gritty and detailed textures and models. The gunplay was nice and simple, but also very enjoyable. The game was made by passionate gamers to be something fun that they'd want to play, just like how old Bungie was regarding Halo 1-3 development. It was just such a better era than the shit we have going on now.
Yeah it definitely feels like every major shooter peaked in the 2000s. GaaS has destroyed the genre

There is a bit of "shame on us" but Call of Duty at it's worst is still better than any knockoff Call of Duty unfortunately.
Yep, I keep seeing certain people praising XDefiant but I've played both betas on PS5 and it was awful. It felt very dated and janky and there is no way its going to even slightly eat into COD's audience.

Top Bottom