• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizons 3 coming to Windows 10

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Nice! Maybe I'll be able to use my g25 for it!

T10 definitely deserves this as the Forza games sell criminally low on the Xbox One alone.

My exact thought.
I wonder how they will price it, everyone who owns it already have it on PC? Or this wont be cross buy.

Xbudz

They are going full speed ahead with this aren't they?
If Sunset Overdrive end up on PC, I will legit no longer have a reason to turn my X1 on.

entremet

MS internally really love the Xbox brand. Its not going anywhere. What they are doing is expanding the brand across all devices. MS is a software based company, not hardware based. The future of Xbox is a software one where it can exist over any of your devices. That doesn't mean the systems themselves are going away of course.

Another point, MS seems to coming back to its PC gaming roots because they see the threat of Windows becoming a business only OS.

For example, years ago a non tech savvy grandparent may have gotten a PC with Windows. Today they're most likely gifted tablets or just use their phones.

But supporting this flagship OS beyond productivity applications, they keep it relevant to general consumers as well.

And just like Sony, MS probably has marketing and demographic data that shows that console and hardcore PC enthusiast markets rarely intersect or cannabalize each other. Or the number are negligible that having PC versions of Xbox software is net win.

wapplew

Less Xbox One sold, more Ps4 sold, more devs taking risks on Ps4 with games like Gravity Rush, Nier. Ni Oh.

Yup, everybody wins, except Xbox One.

Think of the great Eco system! MS just change the concept for console forever they bring the console race into their home turf(PC), Sony/Nintendo either join this MS playground and compete or lose.
The table have turn.

Bgamer90

Banned
i couldnt care less, Xbox as become irrelevant since Xbox One reveal. Brand has no future and now without exclusives? Oh boy Ps4 will dominate even more.

PC + Ps4 seems to be what is driving gaming right now, lets see how NX Fares.

Xbox is irrelevant even though the brand is still being greatly supported by third party multiplats alone? Alrighty then.

Also, "PC + PS4" really doesn't make much sense considering most of the top selling PS4 games ARE games available on PC. The only one that has arguably been "irrelevant" is the Wii U but even that system has had solid selling titles.

Kayant

i couldnt care less, Xbox as become irrelevant since Xbox One reveal. Brand has no future and now without exclusives? Oh boy Ps4 will dominate even more.

As danowat pointed out Xbox /=/ Hardware. This has been in progress for a while when XBL came to Windows phone. Xbox Live is the brand/money maker for MS.

Kssio_Aug

great news but i can't help but imagine the how salty xbox one owners must feel. there's no reason to get one if you've got the funds for a PC or already own one.

Only an idiot would be salty.

I'm excited, and it changes nothing with my ownership of my X1.

You'll have the select few who cry like little babies when X1/PS4 games are suggested or revealed for PC.

Exactly. I'm part of a nice closed Xbox community, and people there overall is pretty excited by all the new changes and possibilities! Except a few that are indeed frustrated (but a major minority).

jaypah

Im just scared that once this news hit the masses the value will drop further. Also i got an htpc

Why would the masses suddenly care? I think some of the expected decline in Xbox sales is starting to border on hyperbole. Most of the best selling titles are multi-plats. The masses would have switched to superior PC ports long ago if that was the case. The majority of console gamers have already shown that they don't have a desire to game on PC. Will some gamers change their mind and get a PC? I'm sure some will, but not enough to cause a mass trade-in of XB1s or any of these other doom scenarios.

Less Xbox One sold, more Ps4 sold, more devs taking risks on Ps4 with games like Gravity Rush, Nier. Ni Oh.

Yup, everybody wins, except Xbox One.

Lmao, it's amazing that you still have an account.

GRaider81

Wonder what will happen with live.

How do X1 owners feel about paying for this when you can play exact same games online for free albeit on an initially more expensive platform?

Another point, MS seems to coming back to its PC gaming roots because they see the threat of Windows becoming a business only OS.

For example, years ago a non tech savvy grandparent may have gotten a PC with Windows. Today they're most likely gifted tablets or just use their phones.

But supporting this flagship OS beyond productivity applications, they keep it relevant to general consumers as well.

And just like Sony, MS probably has marketing and demographic data that shows that console and hardcore PC enthusiast markets rarely intersect or cannabalize each other. Or the number are negligible that having PC versions of Xbox software is net win.

No doubt. MS have openly stated one of their favorite things about "Xbox" is the brand awareness that goes with it. Its a big name thats associated with Microsoft.

RoKKeR

Two incredible games, deserve to be played by many.

Continue to appreciate this initiative by Microsoft. Spread the love.

ekim

How do X1 owners feel about paying for this when you can play exact same games online for free albeit on an initially more expensive platform?

Well gold members get games for free and some nice discounts and sales. It's not just multiplayer anymore. And MS could even charge PC players if they lock everything to the W10 store and sell their subs there.

Theorry

I doubt many will care. But they can maybe expand the games with gold more and some other little extra's.

This is great news for gamers!

The only thing I want to know is how this might affect my Live sub on the Xbox? PC gamers get all of Microsoft's first party games without having to pay for online?

That's a bit stinky.

Helznicht

So if FH3 has Cross-Buy and Cross-Play, both me and my son can play Multiplayer Online together for one price? Him on PC and me on Console? I dig it.

Oxn

Look at that empty spot next to my htpc, what should i fill it with?

cO8GYZj.jpg

Never understood why people are making a big deal when console games go to the PC. Do PC's lose their appeal and people sell their PC's when a PC game goes across to the console. With people saying with the likes of Dirt Rally coming to consoles its time to get rid of the PC and just go console only

PC and consoles can co exists and so can their games.

Bgamer90

Banned
Why would the masses suddenly care? I think some of the expected decline in Xbox sales is starting to border on hyperbole. Most of the best selling titles are multi-plats. The masses would have switched to superior PC ports long ago if that was the case. The majority of console gamers have already shown that they don't have a desire to game on PC. Will some gamers change their mind and get a PC? I'm sure some will, but not enough to cause a mass trade-in of XB1s or any of these other doom scenarios.

Exactly.

notaskwid

Well gold members get games for free and some nice discounts and sales. It's not just multiplayer anymore. And MS could even charge PC players if they lock everything to the W10 store and sell their subs there.
Now, that would be a game changer lol

viHuGi

Banned
Think of the great Eco system! MS just change the concept for console forever they bring the console race into their home turf(PC), Sony/Nintendo either join this MS playground and compete or lose.
The table have turn.

No they wont lose, Uncharted 4 alone will sell more than all those MS exclusives on Pc and Xbox Combined so not happening, they are getting games into Pc because poor sales of the Xbox platform on both HW and SW. Lets look at Halo 5, it did bad according to other Halos, so a Pc version seems likely to push sales a little more. Sony will not put their games into Pc, Consoles need exclusives, it is a selling point. And no they will not lose, PlayStation is so huge it doesnt matter.

I mean MS never cared about PC Gaming, they completely ignored it for years because Xbox 360 was doing so well they didnt even bothered and suddenly they change their strategy so fast? And when did they changed? Yeah when Xbox starts doing terribly bad, sells worse than Ps4 everywhere and it is mainly ignored by Media.

The only people who should feel conflicted are those with a very good Apache setup... Not everyone has one so for the whole for Microsoft this is good for software sales

zorbsie

Maybe Forza 6 will be at the event to show off the Porsche pack that is coming soon. Just a thought. If it is coming to W10, that's great too. More people playing games is good. Sadly I don't think my aging 560ti is going to do anything fantastic with FM6 or FH3. But for those with insane machines, it will be glorious.

M.D

Think of XBOX as a brand, rather than a single piece of hardware, then you'll understand where this is going, a combined XBO and PCBOX userbase would eclipse the PS4 userbase (by some margin).

As long as MS stay in the console hardware business, everyone wins,

I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about.

Are you talking about third parties suddenly looking at a user base double or triple the size? ..... And? I don't follow.

What incentives does it provide to third parties to put their games on PC that they didn't have before?

If true, I'll probably sell my Xbox One and finally invest in a better PC. Halo alone is not enough reason for me to keep it, especially when the racing wheel I use (G29) is only compatible with PC and PS4.
Just sold mine yesterday for $300. Zero reason to own one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
at the event on the 25th, I want MS to make some kind of definitive statement about MS published games on PC. I don't want 'will they, won't they' with every upcoming game. I want something like

"from now on, we will release all MS published Xbox one games day and date on PC. We would like to bring previously released Xbox One games to PC and here are the ones we plan to bring over"

Outrun

There is a subset of consumer that cannot afford a gaming PC.

The Xbox aligns perfectly for them.

For those that have such a rig, MS will enjoy the increased revenue from these games.

Zojirushi

I wonder if MS is ready to make a huge step here and offer Online Play for free on XBox and PC and change the Gold service to an EA Access type model for free games and renting stuff for cheap.

Could be a gamechanger and would put Sony in a weird position.

Never understood why people are making a big deal when console games go to the PC. Do PC's lose their appeal and people sell their PC's when a PC game goes across to the console.

Some people only buy consoles for their exclusives and play everything else on PC. For those, consoles completely lose their appeal as soon as the same games become available on PC.

Kssio_Aug

I just wonder about 1 thing. Those people who migrates from Xbox One to PC are potential multiplatform buyers from Xbox One store, which means they probably give money to MS not only with exclusive titles.

On PC however, MS will have to deal with a much wider and popular competition (Steam, Origin, and so on). Will they be able to recuperate that potential loss in their Windows 10 app store? Will they be able to popularize UWP enough to that?

I'm serious. I mean, I'm not sure if I'm missing something but that's a reflection.

they could, but that's a good way to turn into GFWL 2.0

it's already been shown that PC players aren't going to pay for multiplayer. MS would be stupid to try that again.

Top Bottom