• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizons 3 coming to Windows 10

JJD

As someone who bought Forza 6 day one on X1, I'm kinda conflicted on this... they're worried about Gran Turismo Sport killing whatever momentum they had, did they?

Why would they be afraid of that???

Forza is a franchise with a solid fanbase.

As someone who is usually biased towards Playstation and don't even own an Xbox I would rather have the Forza (including Horizon obviously) series than GT.

Funny thing is...I was looking into an Xbox because I fucking love Remedy (and especially Alan Wake) but now I don't need to since Quantum Break will be on PC.

Looks like it's up to Kamiya if I will get one or not since Sunset Overdrive didn't really appeal to me, and Remedy games will be on PC day 1.

I don't get this, at all. It's actually 'more Xbox', if you look at it beyond the Xbox One alone. Why on earth would a third party dev not put out stuff on Xbone and Win 10 when they're basically the same application? Potential sales for very little extra work, I'd imagine.

Because so far no dev has gone out of their way to make a universal Windows 10 game like that yet. Microsoft is trying to use the same strategy to fill in the app gap for their Windows Phone, yet so far it seems to be a fruitless endeavor. They've provided the tools for devs to even import their apps into the ecosystem yet no one has bitten. So far we haven't seen a third party dev take the plunge like Microsoft has, even though Microsoft is providing the dev tools to make that possible.

Bsigg12

Make it all cross buy and I'd be set. I would be all for buying games for the Xbox One now as I get ready to build a PC later this year or early next year and then be able to play those games at a higher quality without paying for them again.

Because so far no dev has gone out of their way to make a universal Windows 10 game like that yet. Microsoft is trying to use the same strategy to fill in the app gap for their Windows Phone, yet so far it seems to be a fruitless endeavor. They've provided the tools for devs to even import their apps into the ecosystem yet no one has bitten. So far we haven't seen a third party dev take the plunge like Microsoft has, even though Microsoft is providing the dev tools to make that possible.

It's not supported by the store, at least not yet.

m23

I don't have a PC strong enough to play these games, but I am hopeful for cross play between PC and Xbone players. That would be something.

Dweebo

Banned
great news but i can't help but imagine the how salty xbox one owners must feel. there's no reason to get one if you've got the funds for a PC or already own one.

Bgamer90

Banned
Why would they be afraid of that???

Forza is a franchise with a solid fanbase.

As someone who is usually biased towards Playstation and don't even own an Xbox I would rather have the Forza (including Horizon obviously) series than GT.

Funny thing is...I was looking into an Xbox because I fucking love Remedy (and especially Alan Wake) but now I don't need to since Quantum Break will be on PC.

Looks like it's up to Kamiya if I will get one or not since Sunset Overdrive didn't really appeal to me, and Remedy games will be on PC day 1.

I'm positive that Scalebound will come to PC. Wouldn't make sense for it not to in my opinion considering Quantum Break is coming to PC and that game has more "mainstream appeal".

great news but i can't help but imagine the how salty xbox one owners must feel. there's no reason to get one if you've got the funds for a PC or already own one.

But the majority of them don't have the funds for a gaming PC and/or are interested in one (hence why they are console gamers) so I'm sure they are fine.

derFeef

I am not salty at all. Why should I? More places and people to play the games with.

wapplew

No one is salty, in fact many is celebrating because Xbox=Windows 10, 200m install base vs 39m, the war is over by this move.

Would it look better than the XBO version? would it not be a direct port?

Even if its a direct port it will look superior due to higher resolutions being possible.

Not to mention they likely will have better graphics options like draw distance, shadows quality, etc.

ekim

It's still a great way to play on the TV. I'm not salty. I'm pretty happy especially if they continue with the cross buy and cross save feature. Perfection would be Steam Link like streaming.

MaDKaT

Day 1 for Forza proper if true. Really enjoyed the series on the original Xbox and purchased a Forza edition 360 to continue. Just couldnt bring myself to get an X1 but the series keeps tempting me. This would be ideal, then I can just use my current Wheel and pedals.

There's many console gamers who don't care about PC (as shown by the top selling titles being multiplatform) so a next Xbox will still have a purpose.

Is it really worth all the effort designing, manufacturing, advertising, fighting and possibly losing a nextgen battle when they can just cash cheques from windows/office and the live store?

Remember Sony needs some kind of hardware in the market to sell games for. The Xbox was literally made to stop Sony from doing what Apple and Google actually did.

Do they really care about video games anymore?

This is awesome! I love the cross buy initiative, its a great way to unify both platforms. Im not a pc guy so my xbox will be around for a long time, but its comforting to know some of the exclusives I really liked wont be stranded to die on the xbox one! Sequel pontential baby! Save scalebound! Also for people saying there is no reason to get one, thats really not true for everyone. I dont know why this is seen as doom and gloom for the xbox outside of the fact that people are trying to spin this into something negative, as is the case with most xbox related things

Kuldar

Seems like a logical move in order to push the Windows Store. As long as you are buying on their plateform it's a win for them.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Why would it be a meme? Not everyone is super invested in XBOX like you are. Some people only like/are interested in a handful of exclusive games on that console. If enough of those games are no longer exclusive to that console and they own a capable PC why would they bother spending $300-$399 on that console to play an inferior version. I personally only care about a handful of games per generation that MS has had exclusively on their consoles and never enough to actually buy their consoles. With this I can not bother with their hardware and play it on my PC.

You answered your own question. Not everyone has a capable system or can afford one or wants to bother with setting up and maintaining a PC. For them a $300 no-fuss box that can play the same games, even at slightly less quality, is still a viable proposition.

I said in another thread that I have a capable PC and still buy some games on the XB1 instead of PC because of the convenience. If MS makes cross-buy for digital a thing for all their games it would be the best of all worlds for everyone, MS included because they make more from selling the game digitally instead of physical.

Bsigg12

Why would anyone be salty? If you have the money to build a pretty good rig then go for it and benefit from being able to play the titles but if you are only looking to spend $300 or so as a entry point with a game, the Xbox One is the lowest bar for entry for anyone looking to play these games, which is pretty good for the overwhelming majority of people out there. Keep in mind we are on an enthusiast forum and not everyone has a gaming capable PC.

Ryuuga

Banned
It's a necessary evil for the restrictions if it will end up being cross buy, play, and save with xbox.

Oh I completely agree, I was just commenting on why there is such a clash of opinions. Some PC users are fine with predefinitions, others like to define.

I wonder how they will release it. Forza 6 PC and horizon 3 xbone coming this year, and horizon 3 PC next year?

Given whats going on with Quantum Break FH3 will likely launch at the same time as consoles.

Feb 25th we should know more, but I expect pretty much everything coming to PC at or near launch. The only reason we haven'tseen Killer Instinct, Gears Ultimate, etc. is the store isnt fully set up yet

I ain't even mad about the games not being on Steam or having restrictions anymore (still ain't buying anything 3rd-party on Windows Store tho). Put Forza Horizons 3 right in my belly!

I ain't even mad about the games not being on Steam or having restrictions anymore (still ain't buying anything 3rd-party on Windows Store tho). Put Forza Horizons 3 right in my belly!

This is where I'm at. Frankly I could care less if MS 1st party games are on Steam or not. It doesn't even matter to me, I'm just amped we are getting these games playable on PC

Crazy times.
I wonder what happens to the console market if Sony is the only big console maker for third parties after this gen

Considering console gamers are the biggest audience for big budget games, I wonder that too. I foresee a Sony and Nintendo only console future, maybe with some one like Apple entering the market to take Microsofts place.

I know this is about the Forza games coming to PC but I've been given it more thought and this is really about what is going to happen to the Xbox brand and will it be swallowed by the Windows platform.

Why did I finally relent and get an Xbox console this gen after never owning one in the previous gens?

Besides financially being able to buy both consoles the primary reason was go play Xbox exclusive titles. 1st party primarily and some 3rd party titles in the future I'm sure.

I dump on folks here on Gaf for some of their hyperbole but am I being hyperbolic in saying that Xbox will in the far future become a service as opposed to an actual console?

Is the PC consumer the same as the console consumer? I'm prolly just stressing it too much, we assume 20 million + Xbox Ones have been sold, consoles are alive and well so wtf am I worried?

danowat

Banned
Why would anyone be salty?.

The vast majority won't be, the vast majority won't care, for the vast majority it probably won't even register.

The reasons for owning a console over a PC are still relevant, even if the same games (even visually better) are available on PC.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I wonder how fast they will return to their previous policy if the games fail to sell substantial amounts on PC. I expect this PC initiative to be over in less than a year. If you don't buy an Xbox to play these exclusives you probably don't buy into Win 10 either.

Bgamer90

Banned
Is it really worth all the effort designing, manufacturing, advertising, fighting and possibly losing a nextgen battle when they can just cash cheques from windows/office and the live store?

There's a large user base of gamers who want consoles to play nothing more than third party multiplats (most of which are on PC). There would still be a lot of money to be made from this group.

Remember Sony needs some kind of hardware in the market to sell games for. The Xbox was literally made to stop Sony from doing what Apple and Google actually did.

Of course they care about video games. They wouldn't be putting the Xbox brand across multiple Windows devices if they didn't. They are simply moving away from "one box" and going into an ecosystem. This is something that Sony and Nintendo is doing too but MS has the benefit of Windows PCs (obviously).

Genio88

Well those are still rumors, at this point all that remains is just to wait(next week conference perhaps?) for Microsoft to announce if they'll really go all in with their plan of unify Xbox One and Windows 10 Store bringing all their exclusives on both platforms or if it's just an experiment they're trying with Quantum Break, like Aaron Greenberg said on Major Nelson latest podcast.

As an Xbox fan I'm glad MS is support their own platforms for games. MS has been releasing great new IP and has more coming and if this helps them be more successful than its a good thing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man Forza Horizon 3. Can't wait.

does it support "wheels" or does it support microsoft's wheel?

because i'm sure they'll have support for their own peripherals, i'm just skeptical about a logitech wheel working

There is support for many third party wheels and accessories. My TX works great with this gens Forza titles.

rrs

Given whats going on with Quantum Break FH3 will likely launch at the same time as consoles.

Feb 25th we should know more, but I expect pretty much everything coming to PC at or near launch. The only reason we haven'tseen Killer Instinct, Gears Ultimate, etc. is the store isnt fully set up yet
I think that it does take some work to get the games to work well on the One and PC, so I can see from this point onwards games coming out for the Windows and Xbox One at the same time. As for anything that came out earlier, I put my doubts on release.

Considering console gamers are the biggest audience for big budget games, I wonder that too. I foresee a Sony and Nintendo only console future, maybe with some one like Apple entering the market to take Microsofts place.

MS isn't leaving the market over being second place, if anything this can be seen as still being console exclusive while also feeding the PC market. Everybody wins, except those who think that PC players will ruin their games or something silly like that.

Sydle

Their CEO acknowledged back in 2014 when he took over the company that gaming was the largest category in terms of time spent and revenue in mobile, and that he considered himself advantageous they had Xbox to go after that opportunity.

Might be helpful to know that he has clarified a few times when he says mobile he means the experience, not the device.

So I think he cares about games driving revenue for Windows.

I wonder how fast they will return to their previous policy if the games fail to sell substantial amounts on PC. I expect this PC initiative to be over in less than a year. If you don't buy an Xbox to play these exclusives you probably don't buy into Win 10 either.

They'd probably slash prices rather than give up in a year, with the way they're pushing cross buy it's not like the PC versions have a large monetary value anyway.

theWB27

Well there goes my reason to buy an xbox one

edit:
I was really considering purchasing an xbox one because of Forza Horizons 2 and Forza 6. If the horizons sequel and forza 6 is coming to PC, there is no reason for me to purchase an Xbox One considering I would be able to play both games on PC soon anyways.

These are the worst responses in these threads. Lets face it...there have been two forzas and this is the year of the second horizon. Making horizon 2 a good two years old. Also the third year or so the system has been out. You weren't gonna buy it.

Demise

Let me tell you something gaf : I own an Xbox One since day one, Forza is the main reason why BUT I'm also a PC loyalist and every day I keep opening gaf with the hope that one day the greatest racing franchise of all time will come to PC. (That and KH3 release date, I admit ^^). I only bought a Xbox one for it, but damn just thinking about the fact that every players on this earth will be able to play the greatest racing franchise of all time without the need of buying a 400€ piece of hardware makes me happy.

Come one guys, gaming is about sharing and I'm more than happy to share Forza with others players.

I always tell that when Forza Horizon serie will come to PC gaming as a whole would make a HUGE step forward. I guess it's finally time and if the rumour is confirmed I'll be the happiest man in Europe for months.

Oxn

lol

seriously though, its $145 console with AC cord to trade in at best buy....not including controllers, and games.

\
I'll buy the adapter for my elite and I'll be set!

Just got back from trading mine in. I took the $175 credit. I will apply that to PSVR when it is available.

Not bad considering i paid under $250 for it over a year ago.

mikemandey

Great news if true.. And windows 10 is actually very good. I have 1 PC and 2 laptops running windows 10. Never experience any problems

Top Bottom