• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizons 3 coming to Windows 10

http://m.windowscentral.com/forza-m...-windows-10?utm_source=wpc&utm_medium=twitter

New rumors about Microsoft's gaming plans for Windows 10 claim that the company is planning to release a version of its Xbox One racing sim Forza Motorsport 6 for the PC OS as an exclusive for the Windows Store.

According to WPDang, this is all part of Microsoft's strategy to beef up its Windows 10 game efforts, with the Windows Store as the exclusive outlet. In addition to Forza Motorsport 6, the site claims, via unnamed sources, that Gears of War 4 might also be released for Windows 10 in addition to Xbox One, along with Scalebound. It also mentions a previously unannounced game, Forza Horizon 3, as coming to both Xbox One and Windows 10

More at the link

WPdang has a pretty great track record on Windows phone and Windows rumors as well, so it's not just some random blog

Edit: and of course I meant Forza Horizon not Horizons -.-

kudoboi

Well there goes my reason to buy an xbox one

edit:
I was really considering purchasing an xbox one because of Forza Horizons 2 and Forza 6. If the horizons sequel and forza 6 is coming to PC, there is no reason for me to purchase an Xbox One considering I would be able to play both games on PC soon anyways.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
As someone who bought Forza 6 day one on X1, I'm kinda conflicted on this... they're worried about Gran Turismo Sport killing whatever momentum they had, did they?

As someone who bought Forza 6 day one on X1, I'm kinda conflicted on this... they're worried about Gran Turismo Sport killing whatever momentum they had, did they?

What's there to be conflicted about though, more people buying the games surely can't hurt.

Maxey

I'd like that. I guess it was good that PS4 is as successful as it is, as it's pushing MS to consider the PC as a legit second gaming platform for them.

Kezen

Banned
The weird thing is that I feel almost obligated to support Microsoft if they really become serious about putting high-end games on PC.

I will buy them all on the Store if that ever happens, even though I don't care much about Halo or Forza.

I'd rather have Gears 4 honestly, but I know many will prefer Forza.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Forza 6 with a PC wheel would be good. The fact that you can only buy wheels that are compatible with PC+PS4 or PC+XB1 is frustrating but this would help

I wonder if it would allow us to play the games with the G27. That would be pretty fantastic.

Forza 6 with a PC wheel would be good. The fact that you can only buy wheels that are compatible with PC+PS4 or PC+XB1 is frustrating but this would help

We're not so different, you and I.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
What's there to be conflicted about though, more people buying the games surely can't hurt.

I bought the game day one on X1, I don't know if this is going to be another cross-buy, and if so, if it's retroactive to anyone who owns it digitally (probably not), and if there's going to be graphical improvements.

TimmiT

I'd love a Forza Horizon game on PC. Didn't play the sequel cause I don't own an Xbox One but I loved the first game.

I'm all for more Xbox exclusives pn PC.

A bit off topic but it would be awesome if Microsoft announced and released The Master Chief Collection or Halo 5 at next weeks Xbox/Win10 event!

I already own an Xbox One, and I'm not the type to sell hardware usually. Plus there's the Windows 10 Store-exclusive stuff I probably wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. But if Forza came to PC, that would be the last Xbox exclusive I really cared about no longer being exclusive.

Too bad it 99.9% won't be on Steam or any other platform, because Windows 10 Store still sounds awful.

Holy shiiii

I'd be there Day 0 for both, especially Horizon 3.

If this is true, well I have absolutely no reason to get an Xbox anymore.

Human_me

It would be awesome if true.
But this could just be jumping to conclusions thanks to Quantum Break sudden PC announcement.

vg260

Already got Forza 6, but would happily download if cross-buy.

I'd be in for Horizon 3 if there was no frame rate cap on PC.

Really loving this initiative, even if it means my Xbox is pretty much just becoming my Rock Band 4 machine.

dugdug

Banned
Hope they make this announcement soon so I can trade in my XB1 ASAP and get the most credit possible.

At this point it makes sense that all their games come to PC. They just really need to make Windows Store better. Where 'dat Sunset Overdrive. :p

ekim

FH3? Now just let me stream to Xbox One or announce a streaming device or let me add the games to Steam, enable real fullscreen and I happily buy your stuff on the W10 store. (and sell my X1 lol)

60FPS raindrops outside of time trial would be nice :p

I hope to god it's either cracked to be moddable or released outside of Windows Store as well.

Held back by 1080/60 ?

And you won´t see any dynamic day/night/shadows if the X1 version doesn´t has it, they won´t add something so fundamental to the PC version.

You're right, but some things would still benefit. As I mentioned in this post, raindrops and reflections are 30FPS when more than one car is on track, the game only has 2xMSAA, only 60FPS, LOD switching is rather aggressive, etc.

Sintoid

Forza compatibile with PC racing wheels... I could easily trade my GTForce for a new PS4+PC Wheel at this point

nib95

Banned
If true, I'll probably sell my Xbox One and finally invest in a better PC. Halo alone is not enough reason for me to keep it, especially when the racing wheel I use (G29) is only compatible with PC and PS4.

Kezen

Banned
I'm all for more Xbox exclusives pn PC.

A bit off topic but it would be awesome if Microsoft announced and released The Master Chief Collection or Halo 5 at next weeks Xbox/Win10 event!

I've already said this in other threads previously but surely Microsoft have to be aware of the demand for Halo FPS games on PC. I mean they can't possibly have ignored the hype around the Halo rumors on Steam.

They know there is demand, even if the MCC is "old". I don't understand why they have not already made that move.

It would be such a killer app for the Windows store. It would obliterate anything else and this is coming from someone who really is not thrilled by the Halo IP, but yeah I will absolutely buy it just to prove to Microsoft that the store can be successful.

Ball is in their camp.

Theorry

Horizon 3 i can see work on PC. But i doubt Forza Motorsport is gonna be popular in PC.
They are better simulation games on the PC.

Maxey

About a year ago that only seemed remotely possible but now it really seems like it might happen.

Too bad it 99.9% won't be on Steam or any other platform, because Windows 10 Store still sounds awful.

If their newly-found investment on Windows Gaming works, then the volume of people using their store greatly increases and they will have to improve it to keep the ball rolling.

Yoday

I just hope MS goes all the way with this and fully implements cross buy on all digital games. I've been wanting them to go this route for a long time, and I really don't want them to stop half way to the goal with this.

Tunned

please be true, please be true!

So glad I held off buying an Xbox One for Forza (bought 3 Xbox360s for each Forza that generation...)

Top Bottom