• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (from 2009): Uncharted Movie: Nathan Drake's Actor Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone who says Nathan Fillion should play the role of Drake. He was awesome in Serenity, and he would fit the role perfectly. Nolan North would also be a good choice, since he is the voice of Drake.

34nf6ex.jpg

Best actor of all time.

Okay maybe not.

2ue02gg.jpg

Fuck it, best actor of all time.

noah111

Still Alive
To Far Away Times said:
http://i30.tinypic.com/34nf6ex.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]Best actor of all time.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Okay maybe not.[/spoiler]

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/2ue02gg.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]Fuck it, best actor of all time.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Dude... [B][I][U]NO[/U][/I][/B].

I would love it if Nolan North would just do the damn part, he has the right voice and as far as I can tell the right look, kinda. I can't imagine drake without that same voice. :\

Awntawn

Sentry said:
Dude... NO.

I would love it if Nolan North would just do the damn part, he has the right voice and as far as I can tell the right look, kinda. I can't imagine drake without that same voice. :\
he's too old ;'(

°°ToMmY°° said:
david boreanaz please.

0000008964_20060920155811.jpg

I think he is perfect! If you watch Bones, you know he has that wry sense of humor too! To me, he is perfect (other than Nolan North, he is my first pick)!

Raist

Banned
Shikashi said:
Is there... a reason to not use the original voice cast as the actors?

This. Especially since said actors have influenced the character's personalities AND models.

trk_rkd

Banned
Fillion would've been perfect... i wasn't the biggest fan of serenity/firefly but he absolutely nailed the character and as others in this thread have said the fillion firefly character (name? sorry) was v. similar to drake. He'd be PERFECT, and would probably cost a damn sight less than just about every other actor mentioned in this thread.

borreanz? can't really see it, but don't object to it either.
matt damon? can't see it, but hey he was cool in the departed, and would certainly give the movie a fuck of a lot of credibility. super unlikely of course.
Shia LaBeouf? yes, people were joking, and yes he's far too young/small etc. but i don't have passionate hatred for him...

whereas...

Matthew McConaughey? absolutely will not fucking see, no way in a million years, would rather chew on broken glass, immolate self etc etc. Awful, AWFUL choice.

noah111

Still Alive
For the role of Nathan Drake, here's how it goes so far;

0) Nathan Drake;
hero_render.jpg

1) Nolan North;
nolan.jpg

2) David Boreanaz
tg07.jpg

Bones_david_boreanaz_2.jpg

3) Nathan Fillion;
nathan-fillion_l.jpg

nathan_fillion_99.jpg

Fillion for the win. As long as it's not Ryan Reynolds...we're all good. I still can't believe that tool is Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

The Flash? Maybe could have possibly seen that, but no way in hell he's Green Lantern anymore than he was Deadpool in that cinematic abortion, Wolverine.

noah111

Still Alive
pixel monkey said:
Fillion for the win. As long as it's not Ryan Reynolds...we're all good. I still can't believe that tool is Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.

The Flash? Maybe could have possibly seen that, but no way in hell he's Green Lantern anymore than he was Deadpool in that cinematic abortion, Wolverine.
Agreed, I could see Reynolds as Flash though... I guess no one else wanted the spot so he took it?

BeeDog

Why anyone would recommend that awful douche from the crap shows known as Buffy and Angel beats me. Ughghghgufhgh6524t24gt

Sentry said:
Agreed, I could see Reynolds as Flash though... I guess no one else wanted the spot so he took it?

Bradley Cooper was up for Lantern too, and I can definitely see that before I can Van fucking Wilder. People have been throwing Reynolds out there for The Flash for years, but nooooooooooo.

The guy just isn't Hal Jordan. The green board up Jordan's ass has got a tiny green board up it's ass. Green Lantern does not crack wise. It's just so damned unfortunate.

Shikashi said:
Is there... a reason to not use the original voice cast as the actors?

because they are shooting for higher than "SciFi Channel Original Picture". If they were marketing this directly at the people that bought the game, this movie wouldn't even be getting made because that is too small of an audience. They are marketing this at the widest possible audience, thus Matthew McConaghy.

Forsete

Gold Member
My dream

Directed by: Colin Nutley

Nathan Drake - Rolf Lassgård
Elena - Helena Bergström, broken english ftw
Sully - Rickard Wolff

Lets face it, the movie will suck. might as well make it as hilarious as possible.

distrbnce said:
Uh, Nathan Fillion just tweeted this page, which apparently is centered around a campaign to have him star as Nathan Drake!

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/10/11/tweets-of-the-week-26/

I don't really get it... He didn't offer much context, just said "Boo ya" so does that mean it's definitely happening or that he wants twitters help to make it happen?

While the role seems made for him, there's no way a studio is going to launch a possible franchise off of him. I think he just likes the idea.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why don't they just get Jason Rubin to play him? ;P

red shoe paul said:
Just make an Indiana Jones style movie and it'll be just like Uncharted.

Agreed. It should be more about the history and mystery on top of the Uncharted charm and less about trying to be hipand cater to a younger audience. Imagine if Indy ditched the professor look and terminolgy in favor of a dumbed down approach. Yuck. Drake has a lot of knowledge in the field. Hopefully they don't make roll his eyes at "big words" and history speak for laughs.

distrbnce

Banned
(Reposting so thread rebirth is obvious)

Uh, Nathan Fillion just tweeted this page, which apparently is centered around a campaign to have him star as Nathan Drake!

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/10/11/tweets-of-the-week-26/

I don't really get it... He didn't offer much context, just said "Boo ya" so does that mean it's definitely happening or that he wants twitters help to make it happen?

Tweet 1: http://twitter.com/#!/NathanFillion/status/27063535866

Tweet 2: http://twitter.com/#!/NathanFillion/status/27064063711

Suggested hashtags from replies: #fillion4drake #nathanasnathan

V_Ben

Banned
thecouncil said:
burn-notice80.jpg

hey, look, sully and nathan... theyre already on burn notice.... :lol

Campbell, yes. Guy who plays Weston? No, he's not enough of a smart arse.

Campbell and Fillion would be a dream team, but not exactly marketing heaven. If they can get a major actor for that British villain (Hopkins?), and a decent actress for Elena (Kristen Bell?), then maybe the movie can get by on their star power. But you really need a strong male lead, and Fillion could provide that, but he's not a known quantity. However, Castle is pretty popular, isn't it? That could have upped his profile in recent years, but I'm not sure.

Hell... Campbell, Fillion, Hopkins and Kristen Bell could be a pretty damn good cast for this film. Chuck in somebody thoroughly menacing for Eddie Raja, and you might just have a brilliantly cast film.

You're welcome Hollywood.

keyrat said:
I always thought Oliver Hudson looked like Drake, but I'm not sure if he could act the part.

NRyeZ.jpg

My dad loves this show and the minute I saw his character, I thought this guy has the look for Nathan Drake; he looks like an hobo in this pic though :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I'm been watching Castle recently and that right there IS Nathan Drake. Same look, same expressions, same humor, same everything.

+1 for Fillion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom