• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
mgC6lS2.jpg

Nzyme32

I should also point out this is a Market Research survey by GFK - it does not necessarily contain any accurate information regarding NX

The purpose is simply to test the market and customer perceptions / ideas / feedback / opinions

So no, you can not confirm anything from this, even though GFK are legit, this is market research

So, they release actual, native 1080p games on the rather weak Wii U, but the successor should somehow be limited to 900p?

Guess GfK has the same amount of knowledge as we do ... basically nothing.

Human_me

If this is both a console and a handheld, that 900p number might apply to the handheld device.

This is what I'm thinking also.
People shouldn't freak out yet.
A 1600x900 handheld would be pretty nice and hits with Nintendo's past decisions (not aiming for the highest resolution, see 3ds vs vita & Wii vs PS3/360)

thuway

Give me a break, this sounds fake as hell. No one in their right mind would write in their official pamphlets that they are pushing developers to develop up to 900p/60 FPS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
no 1080? Oh boy.

Well, I mean, that's not exactly how I'd interpret that if we assume it's real.

Nintendo wouldn't be hard capping the system or necessarily even know what other developers are doing. What they would know is the general target they were going for with their internal software.

Like with Frostbite you generally see games being either 1080p/30fps or 900p/60fps with the exception of something really lightweight like Plants vs. Zombies because that's what the engine's frame setup times and rendering systems were set up to support.

LiamR

Just a heads up that I'm not the source of the survey. I didn't take any surveys. I just passed this image on, which I cropped for their anonymity. It was sent out to a few others.

Emily Rogers believes the survey is real, but nobody seems whether or not the apparent info is. It could just be designed to test how people would feel about those potential features.

Looks fake to me. Surely resolution depends on the game? And why would they promote something that's inferior to what their current console is capable of? Nonsense.

900p/60fps is not what I expected (I expected 1080p/60fps) but since PS4 has difficulties to achieve 1080p/30fps and Xbox One 900p/30fps I think it's ok if they target a <400$ price.

Edit: and again people are looking at resolutions not looking at fps...

18-Volt

Wow, this explains... nothing? What's an NX handheld? Is it in the box? Or is it a separate product? Both run the same games or games need to be bought separately?

This is fake.

McDougles

Why is it only the diehard Nintendo fan base that eats up every piece of obviously false information and treats it as even possibly true?

The thirst is so real.

pulsemyne

The 900p (if this is true) would be very likely for the handheld system as you wouldn't refer to such a thing for a console. Besides even if it isn't that then 900p means nothing really as it could be 900p with graphics beyond ps4 etc. We still know nothing about the machine so blindly jumping to conclusions is a bit mad.

Lucifon

There's no way in hell any official information would list 'Gameplay graphics at 900p/60fps'.

No. Way. In. Hell.

This.

Some WiiU games run at 1080/60 too. I can't see Nintendo ever even discussing resolution / framerates in any kind of official capacity in a bullet pointed feature list. They've never been known to talk about resolutions and framerate to anyone AFAIK.

MrV4ltor

The survey is real guys, doesn't mean the info is. Though GFK is a client of Nintendo, so idk if they would just put random info in their survey.

I will eat my shoe if this is true, but if we're playing along and assuming that it is...

900p as the maximum/targeted internal resolution?
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-07.gif

Nintendo could not be that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom