• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Ingrid Hunnigan returns in Resident Evil 7

Lucent

This. I would also take Rebecca/Billy bro-ops.

Yeah it's been a long time since we've seen Rebecca. I loved her in RE0. So strange how they made that game though and sort of broke things. She went through all that stuff in RE0 and then running into a few zombies in RE1/REmake she's all scared and acting like she's never seen the things. lol

Lucent

Are they ever going to do anything with Leon/Ada? Or is Capcom too worried about pissing off the RE-shipping community?

lol Capcom pisses people off on a daily basis. I don't think they care about that.

Capcom: Did you get Street Fighter IV? Cool. Prepare to buy 5 more iterations of it.

Capcom: Want more content in your game? You'll be happy to know that it's there, it's just locked behind a DLC paywall.

Capcom: We're happy to announce that one of your favorite RPGs that we haven't made in a long time is finally coming...AS A MOBILE GAME!

Capcom: A game you've been wanting is coming to the US!* *digital form only

Capcom: We're bringing survival horror back! When you play as Leon, you're forced to walk sometimes. We dunno how else we were supposed to instill fear in you...

lol I used to love Capcom, and I still keep giving them chances for some reason, but they really need to get back to the drawing board with RE. The way the characters act is kind of inconsistent. I want that feeling of being alone and scared again. Anybody who remembers going to the guest houses in the first RE/REmake should know. lol.

I'm still excited to hear of a new RE game though if true. They gotta get it right again eventually.

BBboy20

I forgot about the John Woo stuff in CV. She does have her action hero moments.

Part of me wonders if Capcom even wants to go back to characters like Claire. RE6 ends with a setup for Jake if I'm not mistaken.
Leon's ending gave me the impression his organization manage to group together every surviving RE character...well, I hope.

Village

lol Capcom pisses people off on a daily basis. I don't think they care about that.

Capcom: Did you get Street Fighter IV? Cool. Prepare to buy 5 more iterations of it.

Stop, saying this.

Capcom releasing updates to a game, thats super popular and that people actively ask for updates for isn't pissing people off. Its pissing YOU off, and if it is it probably isn't for you . Its for the people who like getting updates to fighting games

No one would bat an eye, hell they would rejoice. If SUPER ULTIMATE marvel vs capcom 3 was announced for some dumb reason. People want what they want.

Riposte

High-concept: RTS where you play as Hunnigan and have to train and attack Bioterror threats using BSAA agents. Level 3 training unlocks the rocket launcher.

Capcom should make an XCOM clone with BSAA as a base and even meaner surprises.

Hunnigan doesn't work directly with the BSAA I think. She's just Leon's handler.

This. I really hope RE7 builds upon RE6, only with more consistency and focus this time. And for the love of God, some actual level design.

I think the game has fine level design, though it may not be consistent. There's plenty of big areas with a bunch of paths and little rooms for me to just say it is bad.

RE7: You thought RE6 was stupid, well get ahold of this...

*GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FIRST ON XBOX ONE*

I want to say that already happened for RE6. 360 may have have got some DLC before PS3.

Lucent

Stop, saying this.

Capcom releasing updates to a game, thats super popular and that people actively ask for updates for isn't pissing people off. Its pissing YOU off, and if it is it probably isn't for you . Its for the people who like getting updates to fighting games

No one would bat an eye, hell they would rejoice. If SUPER ULTIMATE marvel vs capcom 3 was announced for some dumb reason. People want what they want.

Yeah, but besides that I still think the top part of what you quoted is true. They aren't the same Capcom they used to be. =/

And as far as Street Fighter goes, I think it's fine to add updates and stuff, but I seem to remember some version of the game you couldn't just get an upgrade and had to buy an entirely new game and then you could get upgrades after that. Would be a problem to me.

Anyway, I don't wanna go too off topic, here. I grew up with a lot of Capcom games like their old Mega Man games, Breath of Fire II, original RE series, etc. They just don't seem to have that original passion they had before. A lot of their big guys left them. It's sad but they've fallen so far from where they once were. I really want to see them come back. Dragon's Dogma was a nice sign of them trying something new though.

I just hope the next Resident Evil is great and makes excellent use of the new consoles. After all the feedback they got from RE6, surely they can't make the same mistakes. =l

I'm ready for RE7.

All I ask is that the PC version please be released in a timely manner after the console version. It was almost a six-month wait for RE6 on PC.

I'd rather they keep romance out of it.

It doesn't even have to be romantic.
Just do something.
Have them kill each other, argue that they're sick of seeing each other whenever an outbreak occurs, something!

It's like one of those anime TV shows where there is this obvious tension between two people, but it goes unresolved for 300+ episodes and if it actually happens you're too sick of it all to even notice.

News Bot

Banned
I can like this.

Leon's ending gave me the impression his organization manage to group together every surviving RE character...well, I hope.

Leon, Jill and Barry were originally intended to be in the same organization.

Ended up that Jill joined a different one with Chris.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Give me 6's gameplay with Jake and Sherry as playable characters (Leon would be fine too tho) and I'm on cloud nine.

Arklite

RE7: You thought RE6 was stupid, well get ahold of this...

*GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FIRST ON XBOX ONE*

Most recent rumor of RE7 was related to a PS4 reveal, though. Either way, I hope they don't do exclusive crap, the three month exclusive RE6 demo on 360 was bullshit.

Lucent

Most recent rumor of RE7 was related to a PS4 reveal, though. Either way, I hope they don't do exclusive crap, the three month exclusive RE6 demo on 360 was bullshit.

They need to stop with the extra help DLC for games like this anyway. It doesn't feel right in what's supposed to be a survival game.

You have now entered the world of survival horror...if you got the (insert console) version, you have exclusive access to an infinite rocket launcher...so it's not really survival anymore...if not, well, nevermind...good luck...

Top Bottom