• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor : Is Dying Light delayed again?

Briarios

It's always possible it's delayed by area due to something like a replication error or the like. We've seen that happen in the past. I forget what game,must they had to open every sealed case, remove the bad disc and replace it with a good one, then reseal them.

It's always possible it's delayed by area due to something like a replication error or the like. We've seen that happen in the past. I forget what game,must they had to open every sealed case, remove the bad disc and replace it with a good one, then reseal them.

It would be unfair to delay the game for people who have bought it digitally if that is the reason

If a delay happens it might be for certain territories.

In the UK game stores are still advertising pre orders for Dying light for the 30th of January

and in the USA review copies will be going out.

Kezen

Banned
Hopefully the delay only affects France. Even if the game is region locked UK and France are in the same region (PAL).

stk121179rke.jpg

LMAO

This would absolutely murder their sales. All I've heard for the past week is: "Well, now that GTA is delayed, I guess I'll try this since it's the only big game this month."

Pitting this game against the veritable legion of high(er) profile February/March releases (GTA, The Order, Bloodbourne, Evolve, etc) would be a tremendous error. Especially for a reason that has nothing to do with gameplay.

That, and it would turn everyone's attention to their biggest rival, Dead Island 2, which seems to be releasing on 1/27 and would push people even closer to being burnt out on zombies before Dying Light finally releases.

I don't think any delay will be announced for North America at least. Techland's PR firm sent out emails yesterday about review code availability.

So has there been any updates about this rumoured delay?

Also with the leveling system it looks like you need to level up freerunning before you get rolls and such. Does anybody have a screencap or something of the levels? And is there horizontal wall running or just vertical?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This would absolutely murder their sales. All I've heard for the past week is: "Well, now that GTA is delayed, I guess I'll try this since it's the only big game this month."

Pitting this game against the veritable legion of high(er) profile February/March releases (GTA, The Order, Bloodbourne, Evolve, etc) would be a tremendous error. Especially for a reason that has nothing to do with gameplay.

That, and it would turn everyone's attention to their biggest rival, Dead Island 2, which seems to be releasing on 1/27 and would push people even closer to being burnt out on zombies before Dying Light finally releases.
Say whaaaa?

So has there been any updates about this rumoured delay?

Also with the leveling system it looks like you need to level up freerunning before you get rolls and such. Does anybody have a screencap or something of the levels? And is there horizontal wall running or just vertical?

Looks like this delay might be in certain places

What? No. It still says Dec 2015 everywhere I look.

Ah, my mistake. I could've sworn it was listed for January on Steam until recently, since other people seem to have assumed the same thing over there. I also feel like someone mentioned it on a podcast I was listening to not too long ago.

The point still stands that another delay is a shotgun blast to the foot for Techland, especially after the huge advertizing and Youtube push the game has gotten.

You'd better believe that people will be combing over those Youtube walkthroughs of the leaked full game looking for the scene that might have contributed to the delay.

Gaz_RB

As good as I think this game looks, if it doesn't come out in January, it's not going to be able to compete with February's heavy hitters.

Though, on the other hand, it is a zombie game and zombie games tend to do well.

ironcreed

Banned
So the delay seriously might be a thing this late? I was going to hold off on this one anyway, but still. What an unnecessary mess.

A small bit of good news: The game is on GMG for $46 with the code: SAVE23-PEROFF-MOSANT

They just started offering this deal, which seems like further proof against a delay.

wrog

Official statement from Techland:
- digital release - no change (available worldwide from 27th January)
- physical copies - slight delay in EMEA (except Poland), Asia, Australia, no new date yet

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
There will be a short delay in the release of physical copies of Dying Light in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia. The game will have a global digital release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC of January 27, 2015. As physical production has a longer lead time than digital there is some delay in the aforementioned territories. We will share information on the availability of physical copies as soon as it is confirmed.

Digital it is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We still don`t know if the game is delayed or not?

Well, to clarify the above, yes and no: yes, but "only" physical copies in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East have been delayed (digital copies are unaffected), which points to a distribution problem as opposed to the censorship assumption that fuelled this thread.

B4D1E

Well, to clarify the above, yes and no: yes, but "only" physical copies in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Middle East have been delayed (digital copies are unaffected), which points to a distribution problem as opposed to the censorship assumption that fuelled this thread.
I hope the bolded it's the real issue.

Saw a walkthrough of the game yesterday, and I'm more and more interested. Decisions, decisions, ...

Top Bottom