• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Really surprised at the amount of people here creaming themselves and going 'omg day 1' over a leaked name. At least wait until you see gameplay.

Love that Call of Duty is going back their tradition but the real question, will they also go back to the simplified system (3 perk slots, grenades, Primary & Secondary, attachments) of COD4 and WAW or will they stick with the complex system that I still don't fully comprehend.

opricnik

Banned
I will be on board when i see gameplay, im middly interested but also middly sick of Activision treatment about Microtransactions

Hermii

The last few cod games on PS4 I had this bug where the checkpoints dont save. I have to start the level from scratch everytime I boot the game up. This issue has only been with cod. No matter how cool a WW2 cod is, Im hesitant to buy it because of this.

Bishop89

Really surprised at the amount of people here creaming themselves and going 'omg day 1' over a leaked name. At least wait until you see gameplay.
No jetpacks, no wallrunning, no absurd killstreaks, no seeing through wall bullshit.

That's reason enough to cream myself

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Love that Call of Duty is going back their tradition but the real question, will they also go back to the simplified system (3 perk slots, grenades, Primary & Secondary, attachments) of COD4 and WAW or will they stick with the complex system that I still don't fully comprehend.
I hope not for attachments, it was kinda stupid that you couldn't have have a grip/scope or silencers and extended Mags attached together in MW4.
More and better weapon attachments would be welcome as part of Weapon prestige as opposed to different weapon variations.

Daffy Duck

No jetpacks !!!!!!

Calling it now jetpack dlc.

opOsyIN.jpg

Comfirmed jetpacks

No jetpacks, no wallrunning, no absurd killstreaks, no seeing through wall bullshit.

That's reason enough to cream myself
For all we know, all of this could still be in the game lol. Wall running up Omaha Beach with a Jetpack while calling in a 5 kill orbital laser strike for those sweet sweet CoD points to unlock a pink camou for your thompson red dot holo sight.

Hasney

Hopefully it's people going back in the future so I can have jetpacks and wall runs still. Somehow I think it'll be a by the numbers slow, plodding and boring war game for me.

DieH@rd

Banned
They shamelessly stole saving private Ryan screenplay or is it just me? I though these were movie stills

They are not. COD can revisit D-Day landings however they want, they only can't borrow likenesses, names and repeat EXACT image frames from the film. In effect, they can do whatever they want.

It's COD. We know what kind of gameplay it will have.

ISee

I bought the latest CoD for the SP, because of its sci fi (or rather future fantasy) setting and because it reminded me of wing commander.
If this leak is true I'm 100% not interested.

roytheone

Plot twist, you play as axis, that alt-right market is so hot right now.

Honestly, I think that would be a pretty cool idea. You can show how with propaganda the Nazi regime manages to convince the German public and soldiers that they were the correct side, showing the immense power and danger of propaganda.

Xater

I am still not really interested in returning to WW2. I also don't know what they could come up with to make this return interesting. If we just get the "WW2 Greatest Hits" again, no thanks.

Fbh

Not interested personally.

I love BF1 and enjoy the setting but feel like one franchise going back is enough.

TechOne

Can't wait for the Mountain Dew M1 garand skins and US soldiers doing tebag emotes after winning a online match.

/s

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Well looks like I'm not buying it. Really can't stand world war games. Shame that Battlefield and CoD are going back to it. I guess I'll just be sticking to Battlefield 4 or Battlefront.

Honestly, I think that would be a pretty cool idea. You can show how with propaganda the Nazi regime manages to convince the German public and soldiers that they were the correct side, showing the immense power and danger of propaganda.
You don't need to do that, just show that most of the German soldiers got drafted into the army against their will (you got drafted or ended up in prison/worse) and are horrified about the inhumane shit the Nazi government, some Wehrmacht units and particularly the SS are pulling.
That the majority of Germans in the army (or in general) were "brainwashed" into believing Nazi ideology is a myth, millions got drafted and refusing or deserting was not an option. More than 20k German soldiers got summarily executed or hanged for trying to return home or flee after all. Others wanted to defend their country and families, especially against the Russians/Soviets (considering the thousands of rape and looting incidents that happened in 1945 not a completely unjustified fear, even if no side were angels in the war).

Games like Company of Heroes Opposing Front have shown that it can be done.

Paasei

After CoD4 the franchise hasn't been interesting anymore to me.
Especially as the PC features have been severely lacking as well.

Skeptical before seeing it myself.

Would love a German campaign to be added.

After the way Activision butchered MWR by patching in microtransactions, this game would need to do a lot to win me back. A WWII setting, while definitely a good decision, isn't enough to change my mind.

I skipped out on IW/MW Remastered, was it really that bad?

It was pretty rough. MWR started off with no loot boxes, which led me to believe Activision was actually capable of releasing a faithful remaster without putting extraneous stuff into it. Then of course, loot boxes with cosmetic stuff got added to the game. And a couple months later, they went full-blown Activision and put several new guns into the loot boxes behind a paywall. Now MWR isn't so much a remaster as it is another fee-to-pay cash cow.

Definitely soured my outlook on the direction of the franchise as a whole. I know we've had microtransactions in CoD before but seeing them destroy MWR with them was plain sad.

Top Bottom