• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, CounterStrike & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globox_82

Banned
A source close to Dual Pixels that has insider knowledge of Nintendo has revealed to us a major Wii U eShop leak featuring titles scheduled for launch and some that are in production for the platform. Wii U, launching this Fall is Nintendo's most technologically advanced console to date with horsepower that rivals PS3 and Xbox 360 allowing our current HD experiences to be recreated on the upcoming console. According to our source, developers are taking note of the opportunities Nintendo presents with Wii U, given the superior processing power that was unavailable on the original Wii. The Wii U eShop leak below contains titles from a suite of publishers including Nintendo themselves, EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Valve, and more.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

* Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
* Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
* World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
* Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

* Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
* NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
* Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
* Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
* Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

* Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

* Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
* Meteos (Namco Bandai)
* Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

* Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

* Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

* Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

* Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
* Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
* Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

* Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

* Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
* Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

* The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

* UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
* Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
* I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

* Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
* DotA 2 (Valve)

There are a couple of interesting titles that stand out of the leak we received. World of Warcraft, love it or hate it, is one of the most popular PC games in history and yet apparently will finally make it's console debut with Wii U. In addition, Valve will be bringing the FPS Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (also coming to PS3 and Xbox 360), which will be the first time they've ever released a title on Nintendo platforms. Recently our source correctly revealed to us that Assassin's Creed 3 would be launching on Wii U later this year. As with all rumors, they should be taken with a hint of excitement; and more importantly, a grain of salt.

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/...hop-games-leak-includes-world-of-warcraft-cou

Floex

Not that it interests me in the slightest but World Of Warcraft on a console? Well played Nintendo, well played

Anth0ny

53evQ.gif

I am sorry but how would WoW work on a console ? they'll replace the keyboard with touch buttons on the tablet ? I don' think that would be nearly as efficient.

Otherwise a pretty impressive list.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No. No way. I cannot possibly see that being true.

Launching with a new Burnout, Super Mario Strikers, and Boom Blox game would make me camp out for the console, though.

Someone wrote themselves a wishlist and stuck on a few more likely efforts to make it marginally more plausible. The Nintendo titles alone are extremely suspect.

Emitan

No reason why the Wii U couldn't support keyboard and mouse. Gamecube had a keyboard controller and I use a keyboard in Monster Hunter Tri to chat.

KageMaru

With nintendo's hands off approach to their online system, I can definitely see MMO developers flocking to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom