• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Microsoft adds Microsoft Studios Los Angeles to its family.

Microsoft is maybe setting up a place in LA now.

Program Manager,Senior-IEB-Microsoft Studios-LA (819830) Job

Apply now Apply now

Date: Dec 13, 2012

Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Job ID: 819830-99668
Division: Interactive Entertainment Business

The future of TV has just begun and it is getting a whole lot more interesting - MS Studios LA is continuing on this path of innovation and developing new content and programming that will make interactive TV come to life across many genres.

Are you an energetic self-starter looking for an opportunity to define and drive strategy, work with partners, influence the ecosystem and be part of a unique creative, production and engineering team developing interactive technology in concert with the development of innovative content and programming?

As the Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that initiatives coming from MS Studios LA are effectively collaborating across the Interactive Entertainment Business and Microsoft Studios. You will partner closely with production teams and interface across multiple platform engineering and business teams in driving programs.

Requirements:
- Strong project management skills, written as well as oral communication skills, strong customer service orientation and an ability to negotiate and collaborate with other teams, partners and customers across multiple businesses.
- Experience in building consumer products is required and experience in the TV ecosystem and working with content production is strongly desired.
- Partner with the GM for LA Studios to define and drive strong engineering and production practices for designing, implementing and shipping high quality content on iterative and fast paced schedules and will participate in cross team initiatives.

- Collaborate with industry partners, engineering, design, creative, content production and marketing teams to build plans for innovation.
- Be responsible for identifying key themes of interactivity that can scale across a broad set of partners.
- Must be able to work with content producers and technology teams to identify and prioritize platform requirements.

Desired Qualifications:
- Proven experience to influence and lead across teams to deliver a vision and high quality products on time.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of software engineering principles and ability to drive through full product cycles from product conception through to shipping.
- A strong track record of leading, hiring, managing, coaching or motivating a team is required along with outstanding business and customer focused design and specification skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or comparable technical discipline and business knowledge) is required.
- 10 or more years development experience related to defining, managing, and shipping high quality consumer software products.

*To consider similar openings within Microsoft, use keywords: Microsoft Studios

SC: KR
US: LA

J2WERPL1

Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Program Manager, Engineer, Computer Science, Marketing Manager, Manager, Management, Engineering, Technology, Marketing

http://www.microsoft-careers.com/jo...oft-Studios-LA-(819830)-Job-CA-90001/2324516/

Kinect 2.0 titles?

TheOddOne

Yeah, this was known for a while now.

Microsoft Names Longtime Entertainment Executive Nancy Tellem Entertainment & Digital Media President
REDMOND, Wash. — Sept. 18, 2012 — Microsoft Corp. today announced that Nancy Tellem, former president of CBS Network Television Entertainment Group, has joined Microsoft as Entertainment & Digital Media president.

In her role reporting to Phil Spencer, corporate vice president, Microsoft Studios, Tellem will oversee the launch of a newly created production studio in Los Angeles that will develop interactive and linear content for Xbox and other devices. In addition to running the production studio, she will help spearhead the company’s efforts to turn Xbox into a destination where consumers can enjoy all their entertainment in one place.

ymmv

Banned
Sounds like they will be producing TV shows or something similar.

Some recent headlines:

What Hulu’s Original Programming Means for TV

Netflix Must Hope That Stars Align on Original Programming

Google Expands Original YouTube Programming

Amazon TV: Retail Giant Gets Into Original Programming With New Comedy And Kids' Shows On The Way

MS wants to make the next Xbox a competitor to those online video services and they want to compete with original "linear content" it seems.

alphaNoid

Banned
This shit is cool as hell to me. I want 1 box that does everything and more. I do not want just a gaming machine with shoe horned in media features as an afterthought. I want media consumption to be an integral part of the device's engineering from the ground up. That way its part of the experience and ingrained into the software design. Considering what MS has done with the XBox 360 from 2005 to what it is today in 2012.. its downright remarkable engineering feat to turn something that was engineered in 2002-2005 and leverage that same hardware the way they do and have a seemless experience that just 'works' in 2012 is a testament to the brains behind the curtains at Microsoft.

So going forward with that same strategy with the next Xbox, only this time with much more foresight into the idea of the living room is a tantalizing thing to think about. With guys like Dave Cutler (Windows NT, Azure) now working in the Xbox division... MS is seriously cooking up something advantageous for the next Xbox. Microsoft flexing its prowess in the software department.

I cannot wait to see this machine.

ymmv

Banned
I bet MS will have have great content and experiences planned for Xbox owners - if you're in the US. (Europeans will get that 2nd class citizen feeling yet again)

alphaNoid

Banned
I bet MS will have have great content and experiences planned for Xbox owners - if you're in the US. (Europeans will get that 2nd class citizen feeling yet again)

I'm sure MS would love to give you the same treatment, if you had comparable services. If you do, then start complaining at them for not working out deals with MS. All of these agreements are licensed contracts that take a long time to flesh out and perhaps some of the providers in your region are either less capable or less willing to play ball.

I hardly think MS is trying to treat you like a 2nd class citizen. I'm sure they'd prefer give all customers world-wide the same experience.

Top Bottom