• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Mid-Gen Upgrades for PS5 and Xbox Series X devkits have been received by most AAA studios, according to GTA Forum insider

Cyberpunkd

October 2022.

Though PS5s are still limited and people still have kind a hard time getting one(and holidays are coming up, plus MW2 and GoW so it'll get tougher), you still can't walk into a store and just buy one two years later..

Let's go ahead and make a Pro system and spend production on that. Wat?

I wouldn't have expected a Pro version of either system until 2024 if they did one, if I'm honest.

What kind of power bump would it realistically have? I guess better capabilities for Raytracing and more native 4k/60?

Which... I'm not that tech savvy, but doesn't that on PC still require a pretty powerful rig for newer games?
They might ship devoirs now and decide on production rollout in 2 years.

Corndog

Banned
Holiday 2024 would be the ideal release date. I just don't see it coming out in holiday 2023. They need to solve the physical media problem as well. Ultra-Blu-Ray Disks are just outdated. They can create an external Ultra-Blu-Ray Disk drive for your current Ultra Blu Ray games. A SD-Card 1TB+ physical media format with 4GB/sec or higher read/write speed with a fast internal NvME SSD 10GB/sec-20GB/sec and USB 4.0 implementation will make it like a cartridge like experience. I just cant stand game installations anymore.
We don’t need faster ssd speeds, we need larger capacity.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
Do you r

Do we really need larger capacities right now? I have like 15 games on my series X ssd. Do we need a lot of games installed at the same time?
For a pro model? Yes. Speed is sufficient on PlayStation and Xbox. It’s storage size that is lacking. Especially series S.

Foilz

Banned
For a pro model? Yes. Speed is sufficient on PlayStation and Xbox. It’s storage size that is lacking. Especially series S.
My point was how many games do you need installed at the same time? Most people should be good with 5 games installed. There's no real need to have 15, 20 games installed at the same time

Corndog

Banned
My point was how many games do you need installed at the same time? Most people should be good with 5 games installed. There's no real need to have 15, 20 games installed at the same time
How about 1. There’s no real need to install more than 2 game at a time right.

….
It’s not just the amount of games you can store. Larger ssd sizes also mean longer ssd life. Smaller ones will degrade faster.

Top Bottom