• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

MvC3 brought me here.
MvC3/UMvC3 really made me active in FGC wednesday/weekly threads and Mahvel-GAF. I think Dark Souls and UMvC3 were my most active days on GAF. Ever since Chris G killed Mahvel I've been retired. :(

Apparently I even streamed my urleh copy of Ultimate for GAF. I don't even remember half this shit. But Shaowebb's continuous Iron Fist shitposting, Dahbomb's essays, Karsticles' awesome Dormammu thread on SRK, half of us getting banned for linking strategy guide costume scans on SRK, the SRK spiderman forum, and the pages upon pages of paint images and raccoon shitposting on the eve of Rocket Raccoon's reveal are things I will never forget. God I miss it all so much.

WUHD8.jpg
Not pictured: enzo_gt

Skab

No offense to you all but if there isn't a form of Megaman in the game, they shouldn't even bother

It would just mean that they didn't learn a damned thing from last time...

Listen. You can keep your Megamans and your Xs and your Zeros.

It's time for this motherfucker to get his chance

protomanthinking.gif~c200

holy shit if this is happening.... This is literally against ALL ODDS.

Is it? Marvel Games are starting a new quality-led initiative and they have a partnership with Sony now on Insomniac Spider-Man. Likewise, the Capcom/Sony relationship continues with SFV's ongoing support.

I doubt this'll be exclusive but it's never been impossible, there's always been moves that can be made.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It HAS been over 5 years since U/MvC3... Do I dare believe?

Neonep

Ok see now I'm curious this, this is almost too much. Also this would be something to announce at the Capcom Cup. Jesus Christ, this is too much.

sephi22

One guy I know IRL told me this before Yogaflame's tweets. His source was literally hearsay so I didn't believe him even 1%. But so many people are hinting at this now that I'm starting to believe him.

On their own, each of these sources don't carry much weight but too many stars are aligning right now for this to not be true.

Y7spwCk.jpg

This hurts to say but... I BELIEVE

Khezu

Hoping Sony is involved and we get a similar deal as SFV with PS4/PC crossplay.

My only concern is talk about IG being involved.
Capcom and Eighting made a real good team and knocked it out of the park, especially the art.

Vex_

Banned
Nope, it's not.

Is it? Marvel Games are starting a new quality-led initiative and they have a partnership with Sony now on Insomniac Spider-Man. Likewise, the Capcom/Sony relationship continues with SFV's ongoing support.

I doubt this'll be exclusive but it's never been impossible, there's always been moves that can be made.

I should elaborate: What I mean is making a GOOD MvC sequel. Meaning having a decently sized roster like a sequel should (ex: adding to mvc3's roster). Which I still dont think will happen.

But we'll see. I hope you guys are right though. I just feel like they are gonna fuck it up.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Hoping Sony is involved and we get a similar deal as SFV with PS4/PC crossplay.

My only concern is talk about IG being involved.
Capcom and Eighting made a real good team and knocked it out of the park, especially the art.

Capcom kinda stopped working with devs outside Japan for the past few years. SF5 was heavily outsourced, but Dimps did make the game.

Edit: Dead Rising 4 does break the mold tho

sephi22

The fanservice in UMvC3 - The rival intros, the voice acting, the music, the easter eggs in the stages, the references in win quotes, the moves themselves, and the references to comic books with the character colors were all S tier in that game.

If IG nails that aspect of the game, then I'd be fucking down.

I should elaborate: What I mean is making a GOOD MvC sequel. Meaning having a decently sized roster like a sequel should (ex: adding to mvc3's roster). Which I still dont think will happen.

But we'll see. I hope you guys are right though. I just feel like they are gonna fuck it up.

It's going to be a ground-up sequel if it's happening (big if, lmao). They're not going to waste another golden opportunity by just making a .5 update.

Most of your favourites will be gone, probably.

Roto13

I would love Marvel vs. Capcom 4 (or even just a current gen port of Marvel vs. Capcom 3) but I refuse to get my hopes up over a rumour this flimsy.

Im confused...didn't Niitsuma JUST SAY that Marvel 4 is not happening at all?

This kind of thing doesn't mean anything. Developers and publishers will straight-up lie to your face about things they don't want to announce yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom