• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
SFV(ersus Marvel)

Trailer pitch
Akuma drops in and shows off demons and flips. The audience thinks it's Street Fighter 5. As he's about to face off with Ryu/Ken they hear a noise in the distance. All three prepare for battle, Spider man / Cap / Wolverine drop in, hard cut to black screen of just the number "4". PLEASE GOD

Neonep

Trailer pitch
Akuma drops in and shows off demons and flips. As he's about to face off with Ryu/Ken they hear a noise in the distance. All three prepare for battle, Spider man / Cap / Wolverine drop in, hard cut to black screen of just the number "4". PLEASE GOD

Guarantee that a minimum of 3 people will shit there pants.

Trailer pitch
Akuma drops in and shows off demons and flips. As he's about to face off with Ryu/Ken they hear a noise in the distance. All three prepare for battle, Spider man / Cap / Wolverine drop in, hard cut to black screen of just the number "4". PLEASE GOD
You spelled Howard the Duck wrong
Marvel please never do this

shaowebb

No, he didn't "JUST SAY".

Once again, those tweets were actually from months ago, Eventhubs for some reason unearthed them and literally took out the dates.

Ahh I see. Oh well, lets see what happens then. I'll believe it when I see it at this point though. Hope its real, but I just can't believe in it at this point.

Capcom kinda stopped working with devs outside Japan for the past few years. SF5 was heavily outsourced, but Dimps did make the game.

Edit: Dead Rising 4 does break the mold tho

Well Capcom Vancouver is an internal studio... just not located in Japan.

Of course still doesn't explain the existence of Umbrella Corps

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Trailer pitch
Akuma drops in and shows off demons and flips. The audience thinks it's Street Fighter 5. As he's about to face off with Ryu/Ken they hear a noise in the distance. All three prepare for battle, Spider man / Cap / Wolverine drop in, hard cut to black screen of just the number "4". PLEASE GOD

Somebody make this man a marketing manager

lupinko

Capcom kinda stopped working with devs outside Japan for the past few years. SF5 was heavily outsourced, but Dimps did make the game.

Edit: Dead Rising 4 does break the mold tho

Capcom owns Blue Castle which is now Capcom Vancouver, so DR4 is made in house.

TKU7taM.png
Hey Lupinko, my good old friend, what's up man
TKU7taM.png

I feel like Capcom never quite sold the fact that their game had IRON MAN in it hard enough with MvC3. Now we're post-Avengers, they've got no excuse not to make bank off of that white-hot Marvel branding if this happens.
I highly doubt The Avengers crowd are that much into "content-wise bare bones, yet mechanically amazing" fighters that Capcom makes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Next Saturday is going to be amazing isn't it?

PSX then top 8 then... dreams?

Would we see dreams getting crushed? I hope not.

Not pictured: enzo_gt

That picture.. lmao, those hype were so real. She-Hulk better come back! If Combofiend is still in Capcom HQ, then he better fight so hard to bring She-Hulk back.

Combofiend, you hear me!

Niitsuma also said that Marvel vs Capcom 3 would get a 20hr story mode

I think there is a rumor about story mode got gutted so hard, right?

Thin White Duke

Neo Member
If this all turns out to be true, I kind of hope that they bring some older characters on the Capcom-side from previous games back. Definitely would pick up the game again if it meant playing Jin and Captain Commando again.

I'd also enjoy some newer characters too.

Nephilim

Banned
Unless they are gonna go back to "old school" then idc. MvC2 was the best. MvC3 is terrible. It was like Melee to Brawl

Renekton

I feel like Capcom never quite sold the fact that their game had IRON MAN in it hard enough with MvC3. Now we're post-Avengers, they've got no excuse not to make bank off of that white-hot Marvel branding if this happens.
As far as MCU fans are concerned... it is not about Iron Man, it is about RDJ Iron Man.

I-hate-u

Another note I spoke of in a video about three months ago. The new head of Marvel Games wants to focus heavily on console gaming as their mobile market is killing it. He's gone on record in the past six months saying their most requested game is MVC4. They are also much more lienient on there licenses going forward as it was the biggest hiccup for development.

Is this why you have been uploading Mvc3 vids as of late? You know what's going behind the scenes, don't you?

I-hate-u

I have been following you on twitter since 2011's UMVC3 leaks, enduring the 9000 Tekken tweets you make daily waiting for this moment.

Should I hop on the hype train?

Blackage

Trailer pitch

That feeling when even your favorite streamer is caught up in the hype Vortex. I want to believe :(

Scotia

Banned
I'll be interested in this if the Capcom side of the roster is more interesting. Never been an MvC fan so im neutral on this one way or the other.

sephi22

Ahh I see. Oh well, lets see what happens then. I'll believe it when I see it at this point though. Hope its real, but I just can't believe in it at this point.

Even if the world doesn't believe, we have to. We need to put our costumes back on.
IBTNE.png

It's time to get the team back together.

The hype bus is leaving.
b940b9dc5f68b3bd9bd3830639817b32.jpg

Or as Jazzmanz put it:
Sounds like everyone in here has MARVEL FEVERRRR!

I got Marvel fever it's burning in my brain
I've got Marval fever it's driving me insane
We got Marvel fever, we're flipping our bandanas
No Rocket raccoon reveal is driving us bananas

We got Marvel fever we've lost what sense we had
No Shuma buffs, no Hsien buffs we're all going mad

We got Marvel fever
No if's, and's, or but's
We're disoriented
And demented
And a little nuts

We were hyped all day, it was a ride!
And then it died

I've got Marvel fever
I think I've lost my grip
I'd like to get my hands on
Capcom who always makes us sit!

I was floating 'neath a tropic moon
And dreaming of Rocket raccoon
Now I'm crazy as a loon

Marvel fever has ravaged this thread
This once proud topic has become a floating psycho ward instead!
We were hyped all the way to who knows where
And now though we're all here
We're not all there

MARVEL fever!

Kappa
It's never happening, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom