• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

『Inaba Resident』;225455491 said:
If it happens, I'm hoping they nail the artstyle. MvC 3 was very nice looking and I'm hoping they don't fuck it up

What is there to be concerned about when you have Ken and Ibuki in SF V?

Jem is owned by Hasbro, that could only mean one thing...

1002.jpg

sephi22

Jem was by far the most requested and outrageous character on the SRK forums when it leaked and we were waiting on UMvC3.
I was dick deep in both GAF hype threads and SRK Mahvel threads. I'm ashamed that I don't recall that Jem was a Marvel property.

Let's review.

Ryce dropped a post on us about Marvel. He said he heard it from some people, and even told any mods to PM for confirmation. We are still waiting for that, I think.

Then cornbread (I think?) who's been verified by Bish said that he's heard rumblings but didn't think it'd be shown at PSX.

Wizard seems to be just reacting to it rather than having information about it.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?

Man this is a fighting game that could actually I believe sell really well in the current market. Marvel is bigger than its ever been and if they advertised it well and had some sort of meaty single player mode I think they could do well with the casual consumer and not just hardcore crowd.

Still I just am not gonna believe it's happening yet

Let's review.

Ryce dropped a post on us about Marvel. He said he heard it from some people, and even told any mods to PM for confirmation. We are still waiting for that, I think.

Then cornbread (I think?) who's been verified by Bish said that he's heard rumblings but didn't think it'd be shown at PSX.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?
Something about Ono possibly hinting that the Akuma SFV reveal is actually Akuma in MvC4

Skab

Let's review.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?

Something about Ono possibly hinting that the Akuma SFV reveal is actually Akuma in MvC4

It was an interview with Famitsu

Famitsu: You announced at an event recently that in December, at PSX (PlayStation Experience), Akuma is going to be playable, so I'd like to ask a bit about that.

Ono: Nobody said that Akuma's in the game, haha.

Famitsu: Eh?! Then what was that announcement video?

Ono: We actually never said that a new character is coming at all. We just said that people would be able to experience what we showed in that video, that's all, haha.

Famitsu: That's what it meant?! Well then, at least we can confirm that there's something to personally experience at the PSX?

Ono: Yes. That's undeniable. But it's going to be something that betrays everyone's expectations, in a good way, I think.

Famitsu: Betrays everyone's expectations?!

Ono: A lot of things have been leaked in the past, but we've had very strict regulations on this in particular, so please look forward to hearing what we have to announce.

Ayano: I think it's going to be in the middle of the night in Japan, but please try and watch it live if you can.

Famitsu: So if you have a lot of things coming up at the PSX, does that mean we'll be hearing something about the 2017 season as well... ?

Ono: Yes, that's right. The reason I've been very calm and quiet on Twitter lately is because the higher-ups told me, so I don't accidentally give too much away, haha.

Also I don't think that was a confirm of any sort from Lupinko. Sounds more like hes just reacting to us, more or less.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Let's review.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?

Cornbread who?

Man this is a fighting game that could actually I believe sell really well in the current market. Marvel is bigger than its ever been and if they advertised it well and had some sort of meaty single player mode I think they could do well with the casual consumer and not just hardcore crowd.

I definitely agreed with you that the casual base is going to be even bigger this time for those MCU and Marvel fans to pick up the game and make their own dream team.

Marvel Super Heroes 2 or Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, which one would make sense right now?

yams what have you done..

Yam have done us injustice so he need to punish himself by not buying any marvel game for long time, and dedicate his time to Superman 64 for long time until his soul got erased.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Let's review.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?

Another note I spoke of in a video about three months ago. The new head of Marvel Games wants to focus heavily on console gaming as their mobile market is killing it. He's gone on record in the past six months saying their most requested game is MVC4. They are also much more lienient on there licenses going forward as it was the biggest hiccup for development.

No offense to you all but if there isn't a form of Megaman in the game, they shouldn't even bother

It would just mean that they didn't learn a damned thing from last time...

Anth0ny

Still I just am not gonna believe it's happening yet

I always thought it was tragic how narrowly Marvel 3 and UMVC3 missed Avengers and all the hype/money that came with it. The game would have been HUGE if it launched alongside that film, or holiday 2012 :(

Another note I spoke of in a video about three months ago. The new head of Marvel Games wants to focus heavily on console gaming as their mobile market is killing it. He's gone on record in the past six months saying their most requested game is MVC4. They are also much more lienient on there licenses going forward as it was the biggest hiccup for development.

Honestly, as soon as they announced that Spidey game and went on the record saying they're going all in on console games, Marvel 4 was as good as confirmed to me. It's a matter of when, not if.

It's just another mismanaged Capcom series to me. How are you going to make the last entry in the DMC series be DmC? And leave it at that?

I haven't bought the game. I won't ever buy it. And I just pretend that DMC1,3 and 4 are all that exist.
It's really mind boggling that they rebooted the series after its most commercially successful entry to date. It just doesn't make any sense. And now it's been almost four years since DmC came out and we still haven't heard anything about the next entry of the series. They've really mastered the art of screwing up their IPs.

Anyway we are getting too off-topic.

I would've avatar bet anyone that the Akuma stuff will still be 100% for SFV.

Producer

Let's review.

GAF is going nuts.

Have I missed anything?

Yogaflame24 actually was the first one saying mvc4 was happening. But everyone wrote him off cause he just runs a youtube sf replay channel lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YTYogaFlame24/status/793246758121906176

Akuma's stuff is probably for SFV. Those assets are pretty clearly SFV and Ono is just trying to build hype.

As for Marvel, the licencing thing being no longer an issue is good news.

Something else to note is that Ono isn't really hugely involved with the Versus series, that's typically Niitsuma's and Eighting's thing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No offense to you all but if there isn't a form of Megaman in the game, they shouldn't even bother

It would just mean that they didn't learn a damned thing from last time...

Hear me, Would you hear me! I'm pretty sure that we are going to get some form of Mega Man this time. Hopefully Mega Man and Arthur would able to co-exists in a same game, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom