• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Mill (TAKE WITH GRAIN OF SALT): Marvel vs Capcom 4 revealing at PSX/Capcom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
my "easily shared on twitter" 15 second teaser.

street fighters be street fightin

arrow catches ryu's cheek. they turn around to this:

insert epic shot of both sides colliding

"MARVEL VS CAPCOM 4: FATE OF 1.5 WORLDS BECAUSE WE CAN'T HAVE X-MEN"

Man, you forget this badass man.

oLQv9mb.gif

Er, he's there to go to PSX/CC so no it's not a coincidence

I was being sarcastic about it. :p

TaterTots

Banned
Honestly, I wouldn't doubt if they "announce" it. Meaning, its a go, but I wouldn't expect any footage. Just a, "its been green lit."

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt if they "announce" it. Meaning, its a go, but I wouldn't expect any footage. Just a, "its been green lit."

That's sort of how MVC3 was announced. All we got was a teaser trailer with CGI in April. We didn't get any actual gameplay footage until E3 that year.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Forgot about him. Combo will make Dorm weak just because of that Evo 2012 loss to him.

Have discussed who the SFV rep should be? Have agreed that no choice makes more sense than Rashid?

Dude, it better to be Rashid. His moveset just made for Versus so he would fit in Versus naturally. I'm willing to get rid of C. Viper just for Rashid's debut in Versus.

So chances of seeing ma boy Cyclops making a comeback is very slim huh?
he is dead in the comics
and marvel don't own movie rights for x-men....
wolverine is dead too in the comics...
also are we going to see the new version of each super hero? Like how Thor is a woman now, ironman is a woman now I believe and Steve Rogers is no longer captain America too.

Neoxon

Forgot about him. Combo will make Dorm weak just because of that Evo 2012 loss to him.

Have discussed who the SFV rep should be? Have agreed that no choice makes more sense than Rashid?
I could see them going with Necalli if Wolverine's off the table, but Rashid is definitely the best choice.

Meanwhile at Marvel HQ:

Capcom: "Marvel, I have come to bargain."
Doctor Strange better say this to Dormammu in MvC4 (if it happens).

he is dead in the comics
also are we going to see the new version of each super hero? Like how Thor is a woman now, ironman is a woman now I believe and Steve Rogers is no longer captain America too.
Steve is actually Cap again, he just doesn't have his iconic shield. As for Thor Odinson, there's currently a story where he becomes the God of Thunder again....just with the Mjölnir from the Ultimate Universe.

he is dead in the comics
Would be a good excuse to ditch garbo old moves

Neoxon

Hold up, why wouldn't Capcom be able to use X-Men in MvC4?
After the release of Contest of Champions, Marvel Entertainment restricted the use of X-Men & Fantastic Four characters (Doom & Deadpool included) for all future games. However, as of recently, Marvel Entertainment & Fox's relationship improved, and now there's rumors of Marvel Entertainment lifting said restriction sometime next year (or at least being less of a dick about it). The question now is, assuming that MvC4 is happening, if Capcom sealed the deal after Marvel Entertainment's change-of-heart or not, as Marvel Entertainment (or more specifically, Marvel Games) typically chooses the base roster before development begins.

Platy

I'm laughing way, WAY too hard at this. The horror if this ever happens.

lol my god this is fucking vile

This is nearly FF7 PS4 port level of gut punch

If you tease something that could be MvC or CvS and you drop fucking Pocket Fighter, I will probably dropkick Beef

You people have NO SOUL !

A new pocket fighter could be ANYTHING.
It was smash before smash so they could go the party fighter way. It is Capcom vs Capcom so they could go the Versus way .... they could go BOTH ways. and with references ! and FUN !

When you see a Marvel 4 without magneto, storm, wolverine, sentinel and doom you will all PRAY for Pocket Fighter 2 >=/

shingi70

Banned
What the rational here from Marvel, wouldn't it be more profitable or in their surgery favor to get another developer to make an all Marvel fighting game?

Anth0ny

Meanwhile at Marvel HQ:

"no. we make mobile games only now."

"Marvel, I have come to bargain."

"OK FINE, we make console games now."

Neoxon

What the rational here from Marvel, wouldn't it be more profitable or in their surgery favor to get another developer to make an all Marvel fighting game?
I'm pretty sure Marvel knows that MvC4 is one of the most-requested Marvel games right now.

sephi22

1. I'm sure those already exist. Aren't the mobile games basically 1v1 games?
2. Mahvel is revered and in it they have a fan favorite, established franchise
3. They probably want to dip their toes into eSports and the mobile game market isn't really esports friendly while in Mahvel they have an established community

Slayven

Meanwhile at Marvel HQ:

Feige:" Show me the numbers from SF5"

*Capcom sheeplishly slides the file across the table*

Feige:" You got 10 minutes to get the fuck out of my office or I feeding you to Greg Land"

shingi70

Banned
1. I'm sure those already exist. Aren't the mobile games basically 1v1 games?
2. Mahvel is revered and in it they have a fan favorite, established franchise
3. They probably want to dip their toes into eSports and the mobile game market isn't really esports friendly while in Mahvel they have an established community

Again why not just make Mahvel without having any Capcom characters?

Neoxon

One thing popped up in my mind that may be an issue. Some of Marvel's newest line of voice actors kinda overlap with Capcom's, namely Laura Bailey voicing both Chun-Li & Black Widow and Roger Craig Smith voicing both Chris Redfield & Captain America. You guys think Marvel would recast or Capcom?

JayEH

people have been begging for marvel vs capcom for years not a marvel exclusive fighter.

One thing popped up in my mind that may be an issue. Some of Marvel's newest line of voice actors kinda overlap with Capcom's, namely Laura Bailey voicing both Chun-Li & Black Widow and Roger Craig Smith voicing both Chris Redfield & Captain America. You guys think Marvel would recast or Capcom?

i might be wrong but weren't there some japanese overlaps in MvC 3? i imagine they'd just keep the same actors.

Neoxon

Feige:" Show me the numbers from SF5"

*Capcom sheeplishly slides the file across the table*

Feige:" You got 10 minutes to get the fuck out of my office or I feeding you to Greg Land"
Kevin Feige doesn't run Marvel Games. Marvel Games is a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment, which is run by Ike Perlmutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom