• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming to Wii U?

Yagami_Sama

Please be real.

Play this in a bigger screen, and with a better crossplay than the 3G / 3HD would be great.

Pre-order day 1 if true.

roknin

Would some small "riot" work to fix this? :p It does really impact gameplay. :/

Yes it does. Thankfully not as bad when I play on my monitor, but when I play on the big screen I may as well just ignore the text lol.

And if a Wii U version of MH4 does happen... I'll be sure to cause a twitter riot ASAP. All I need is a hashtag. XD

#bigfontplz

Orayn

I was prepared to either pick up a Circle Pad Pro for MH4U or use it as an excuse to buy a New 3DS (XL), but a Wii U version would be even better

So yeah, this would be awesome if true, but I can still live with it being a mistake or fabrication.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I can only imagine the change in people's tones if MH goes from looking like it does on 3DS to an actually good looking version on Wii U.

impact

Banned
I can only imagine the change in people's tones if MH goes from looking like it does on 3DS to an actually good looking version on Wii U.

I'd take a Wii U version at native 3DS res (400x240 or something LOL) over trying to play on that mess of a control scheme. There's more benefit to a Wii U port than just visuals.

Meesh

I need this to be true, above and beyond all other game rumors and speculation...this one needs to be true.

Vuze

I'd take a Wii U version at native 3DS res (400x240 or something LOL) over trying to play on that mess of a control scheme. There's more benefit to a Wii U port than just visuals.
Uhm, the controls are actually the very same on Wii u lol (except for native second analog stick obviously)

Nemecyst

The Nintendo Direct this month for WiiU games will announce this and REmake HD are coming to the WiiU. Then the world will be dazzled by fanciful pigs doing barrel rolls in the sky.
Please don't wake me from this dream

Being serious, 5 of my employees bought WiiU's after playing at one of my gaming parties last year. We still meet up online to play once a week. I can imagine the tears of joy if their is a WiiU version.

NewGame

Banned
Which makes all the difference in the world. Turns MH3U from unplayable to awesome.

I don't know why people think Monster Hunter is unplayable without a camera stick now that we have auto-locks. Honestly there's no reason for complaining about the camera even with the 3DS controls. You either git gud or suck forever.

And you should appreciate what we have now, do you remember the PSP claw?? DO YOU??

MonsterClaw.jpg

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not fake, but a mistake. Unless N is gonna announce a direct for tonight. Id be happy, otherwise 3ds version for me

I don't know why people think Monster Hunter is unplayable without a camera stick now that we have auto-locks. Honestly there's no reason for complaining about the camera even with the 3DS controls. You either git gud or suck forever.

And you should appreciate what we have now, do you remember the PSP claw?? DO YOU??

Lol claw... don't want to remember it

forms

If so, I'd buy a WiiU instantly. The only thing keeping me is that I actually want to play it on a big screen.

hiro4

If they really announce it at tgs what will the chances be it will simultaneously launch outside of Japan with the 3ds version?

It would really suck if we would have to wait +3months or so if true.

L~A

This image comes from Connichi In Germany. Most likely a printing mistake.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/237290-...ion-banner-list-wii-u-as-a-supported-platform

Yeah, I'm quite skeptical myself...

1) random event in Germany got confirmation even before TGS? Unlikely.
2) it's right next to 3DS demo station... then again, we don't know if it's for MH4U to begin with, so it may be nothing.
3) more importantly... the game IS coming out on the 3DS, so the 3DS logo should be on the banner no matter what. That's the fishiest part for me. I'd be much less skeptical if it was there.

I'd love to eat crow on that one, though.

impact

Banned
Uhm, the controls are actually the very same on Wii u lol (except for native second analog stick obviously)

So the controls are the very same except for one very big difference? Also please take into account how much more comfortable the Wii U gamepad or pro controller are over a measly 3DS. Plus big screen for big monsters. It's the best way to play the game.

hiro4

Yeah, I'm quite skeptical myself...

1) random event in Germany got confirmation even before TGS? Unlikely.
2) it's right next to 3DS demo station... then again, we don't know if it's for MH4U to begin with, so it may be nothing.
3) more importantly... the game IS coming out on the 3DS, so the 3DS logo should be on the banner no matter what. That's the fishiest part for me. I'd be much less skeptical if it was there.

I'd love to eat crow on that one, though.

Damn missed the part that it was not a TGS banner. I'm with you that it seems really unlikely.

Nintendo should have money hatted the WiiU version though. Would be a great addition to the titles they have and might increase the sales of units at least in japan.

Vuze

Which makes all the difference in the world. Turns MH3U from unplayable to awesome.
That's purely subjective, I've put 500hrs into MH3G on 3DS and about 300hrs into MH4 on 3DS without any problems. I didn't even use the second analog stick that much when I playing MH3U on Wii U thanks to the target cam.
So the controls are the very same except for one very big difference? Also please take into account how much more comfortable the Wii U gamepad or pro controller are over a measly 3DS. Plus big screen for big monsters. It's the best way to play the game.
"Mess of a control scheme" sounded more like you were disliking the button mapping than the ergonomics of the 3DS to me. Can only agree that the Pro controller is way more comfortable, they should allow to use it with the 3DS if it's technically possible.

roknin

Damn that's rough.

I've been spoiled by the MH3 series, to be completely honest. After getting balls deep into Tri, I tried to go back and play Freedom Unite on PSP and couldn't do it.

That said, my PSP was kinda' jacked up lol.

Really? Using the touch screen and lock-on combination didn't make it feel bad at all, for me anyways. I played a lot while traveling, seemed pretty good.

Not ideal, but unplayable seems far.

Top Bottom