• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: More Sega 3D Classics leaked from 3D Gunstar Heroes' RAM?

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
sörine;178013102 said:
D4 didn't publish other Compile games like GunNac on Wii VC either. Nintendo selects VC games though so that's not really a great indication of anything.

Compile selfpublished Guardic (MSX) and then Irem published the sequel/spinoff Guardic Gaiden (FC). Compile didn't publish any of their own Famicom games actually, not even Zanac. Pony Canyon published that, and coincidentally their name's also on the title screen with copyright as well. Does that mean Compile/D4 don't have full rights to Zanac either?

D4 apparently doesn't have the rights to MUSHA (Sega's VC page credited Naxat Soft/Kaga Create) and I'm pretty sure that they re-released the MSX Aleste games.

sörine

Banned
D4 apparently doesn't have the rights to MUSHA (Sega's VC page credited Naxat Soft/Kaga Create) and I'm pretty sure that they re-released the MSX Aleste games.
Yes D4 has released the MSX Aleste games repeatedly, on Project Egg , iOS, Woomb and even Wii VC. You can't tell much from VC publishing since there's a ton of sub-licensing going on though. D4 themselves published all SNK and ADK NeoGeo games on Wii VC as well, that doesn't mean they hold any rights over them. Just checking the US Wii Shop channel it lists Sega as MUSHA's publisher, although NOA's website lists Naxat and the ESRB lists Sega.

Btw, Sega's VC pages seem to be down. RIP. :(

Cikay

How come I've never thought about Landstalker getting a 3D classics version. It seems like an obvious candidate for this collection. Now I want it, and I would be disapointed if it doesn't happen.

VariantX

M.U.S.H.A.

YES!
AU7Amsc.gif

Truly, there's so much parallax scrolling in that game, similar to that section of the second level of Shinobi III where you're going up the elevator, and seeing that I know it'll look so great in 3D.

Holy shit, that level where all the ground falls away into a cavern filled with magma would be amazing in 3D

Edit: and I just realized I posted in a old ass thread...

I hope Sega keep releasing these forever. Who cares how old the 3DS gets, keep piling on these 3D masterpieces!

Yep, and I suspect the 3ds is the last console( certainly last handheld) for the foreseeable future built around 3D, so these 3d remakes may not exist beyond this platform. I hope they keep making them too, would be nice to see some other companies get on board. I'd kill for Contra Hard Corps and Earthworm Jim 1/2 redone in 3D.

Raitaro

No Ristar.
No Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

mBEbGgn.png

Yeah, these 2 omissions sadden me greatly as well, despite how glad I am that more 3D classics might be on the way in general. Surely they must be able to do them if they really wanted to, especially considering their inclusion in past collections.

No Alien Soldier is a bit of a shame as well.

Top Bottom