• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

Mengetsu

If you have friends who enjoyed it and know what your getting into I say get it and enjoy. It's been a fun since November and me and my friends never touched Infinite Warfare. 40.00 is steep for stand alone if you just wanna play the campaign.

One of the best Remasters of the generation.

For the SP maybe although I'd question the merits of paying $40 to play a short decade old campaign (that's been passed several times over by better shooters this gen) especially when the remaster has technically been out for almost a year.

But for the multiplayer which is what most people care about.... it's rare to make a remaster actively worse than the original yet they did it!

ironmang

Would have paid $40 if they released this as a standalone from the beginning and only had cosmetic microtransactions.

Fury451

Banned
Fuck off with that price.

I bought the super special whatever edition to get this- it was worth 20, then they added all that extra shit. I don't even care when it was cosmetic at first, but don't tack on another $20 just to screw standalone buyers.

gdt

I bought it like a couple weeks after launch for $60 total. Both campaigns were worth it.

The CodIV campaign didn't hold up super well for me...I dunno. Too basic maybe?

IW sp was fantastic.

Edit: I have no opinions of the multiplayer, I don't play it.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
As a guy who mainly buys CoD on the cheap and plays campaign only on all CoD games(I know I'm odd), did they mess up the campaign at all?

border

Thats a great question for those of us who got Legacy edition

The purpose of requiring the disc is to prevent you from selling it and still playing MWR. I'm not sure how this release is going to change anything. Activision still doesn't want you trading the game into Gamestop.

After that shit they pulled with not having all the game's multiplayer maps packed in with the game and the microtransactions I can safely skip this.

Ridley327

So are you guys able to sell it tomorrow?

No, it's definitely dated for the 27th. I honestly didn't even know that it hadn't been officially announced until I saw this thread, so I assumed it was common knowledge.

Crazy to see Activision pull something like this with their biggest franchise.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I don't think so. It's a really good graphical update. It's looks great.

That's good news for me then. Sounds like, as usual with CoD, either the multiplayer is hit or miss. I'm glad I'm not into the MP to begin with because I'm sure fans of the brand feel like they are on a roller coaster ride. I haven't seen people treat CoD campaigns in the same manner because they are somehow consistent.

jmizzal

No, it's definitely dated for the 27th. I honestly didn't even know that it hadn't been officially announced until I saw this thread, so I assumed it was common knowledge.

Crazy to see Activision pull something like this with their biggest franchise.

haha wow we just went through E3 and they didnt even announce it

Patrick S.

Banned
You can get a new copy of the PS4 Legacy Edition easily for €40 shipped, and often even for €35 on ebay here in Germany.

Activision is crazy with their prices. MW3 is still €20-25, and that's like seven years old.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Single player is good and all, but the multi, even discounting the additional content they added, isn't how you remembered it. The players have evolved in ways the game never accounted for. It's an irritating experience.

Twookie

Maybe I would've jumped on this earlier but now it's too late for me, especially at that price.

You don't even get all the maps included AND there's microtransaction included for some reason. I'd rather just play the old version instead thank you

Ryu Silveira

Neo Member
I know people are hating on this with good reason but I'm actually excited for this. If my friends get on board with picking it up, I'll definitely buy it. We're all on Siege at the moment. This was definitely my favorite game back in High School and spent countless hours playing this...

Top Bottom