• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

Patrick S.

Banned
I know people are hating on this with good reason but I'm actually excited for this. If my friends get on board with picking it up, I'll definitely buy it. We're all on Siege at the moment. This was definitely my favorite game back in High School and spent countless hours playing this...

You are getting ripped off at that price bro. Don't support this please.

Lylo

The sad part is it will sell a lot of copies at that price, i have no doubt about it. That's why Activision keeps pulling out this shit over and over again...

Patrick S.

Banned
Has the version packed in with infinite warfare already been cheaper than $40?

z7aiMQt.jpg

Rocketz

Not supporting this.

Was super interested back in the day, not anymore after all the nonsense they did to the game with the supply drops.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
This does not include all the maps? Glad I bought IW for $20, enjoyed the campaign, and moved on. If this is $55 for all maps and still has microtransactions, it is a pretty collosal misstep.

border

Switch owners are paying $60 to play Skyrim and a years-old Mario Kart port. I don't see how MWR is a ripoff by comparison.

the_big_country

Neo Member
Single player is good and all, but the multi, even discounting the additional content they added, isn't how you remembered it. The players have evolved in ways the game never accounted for. It's an irritating experience.

MWR is where all the snipers who couldn't hack it in BO3 went. Christ, so many snipers.

Plus there's a whole bunch of QoL stuff that MW2 and later games introduced that just isn't there in MWR.

RedAssedApe

Banned
can't you get IW:Legacy for close to the same price these days?

i'm still annoyed that i need to put in the disk to play remastered :\

Did they ever fix the netcode after launch?

It was awful.

i feel like people say this for every cod game

Switch owners are paying $60 to play Skyrim and a years-old Mario Kart port. I don't see how MWR is a ripoff by comparison.

Well MWR has less content than the original and added in microtransactions, and this $40 most likely doesn't include a map pack that they charged $15 for, but was free when it came out back in the day on Steam and $10 on consoles.

MK8 was still selling for $30 to $40, and this has all the DLC included and new content not found in the previous releases.

Skyrim is overpriced on the switch though.

Patrick S.

Banned
40 dollars for a remake with microtransactions attached to it. Nope

Yeah, they can suck it. I got the Legacy Edition on PC as a present and was going to eventually double dip on the inevitable MRW standalone PS4 version for the multiplayer, but at this price, no thanks.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The value on this, without successfully maintaining a player base, is dramatically reduced. If COD WW2 is well received, even a less headache reducing release of this could die off.

My hope when this was announced is that it would be great for people who are no longer interested in dropping unlocks or prestige progress every year just to be able to get into non TDM matches quickly. I don't get the impression that ever happened with this release.

$39.99 would have been a good price when it launched -- $30 or less and I'm in just to experience the single player again and dabble in the MP for a few hours

Outside of that -- PASS.

Dabanton

Sadly it's past any interest I had in it. Last year around Christmas they would have had a sale. But now I have way too many other games in backlog and have settled into other MP focused games. Plus that price lol.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This gives me hope that there will be an Xbox One X patch if they plan to re-release it.

So I kind of want to play IW for the campaign at some point, and wouldn't mind getting the remaster too (albeit at a very reduced price for both), but on PC are the games linked inseparably? Like would I get one single entry in Steam, or would it be two entries I could launch separately?

Activision is so disconnected from the reality of demand with their cod pricing.

Used versions of these games hit $15 within 12 months and they think they can sell the digital versions and new copies for $60 forever. Or $40 a decade later.

Ricky_R

So I kind of want to play IW for the campaign at some point, and wouldn't mind getting the remaster too (albeit at a very reduced price for both), but on PC are the games linked inseparably? Like would I get one single entry in Steam, or would it be two entries I could launch separately?

Not sure how's on PC, but on the PS4 the games downloaded individually. I had a blast with both campaigns btw.

Gorillaz

I knew this shit wouldn't be lower then 40

yall really forgot what company this was

edit: yo I even said it would be in the summer when it was quiet hahahahahahahah

Supply boxes ruined alot of it tho unfortunately

Patrick S.

Banned

Two entries.

q4GzNNL.jpg

Peroroncino

Yea, no thanks. Maybe if you remove supply drops and other stupid shit like that, because this thing barely resembles the classic I spent countless hours with.

mas8705

You're only going to encourage Activision to continue their nonsense if you go out and buy this. It is a shame that we are at a point where we have to tell people to avoid remasters of great games since that can show just how low Activision can go (including trying to bundle this game with a game no one wanted; or at least forcing people to buy one game in order to get the other).

Top Bottom