• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo removed Tharja trophy from SSB to avoid a higher age rating

It's more making light of people 'concerned' with the business going on underneath Peach's skirt. It's the same thing as 'concerned' people who want to ogle a digital trophy.

It's pretty obvious where their intentions and motivations lie. The Life and Hometown reference was already made by someone earlier. Does it need to be made more obvious?

Please elaborate on it being obvious. I'm seeing people calling it ridiculous from a stylistic view.

Akhe

nooooo-3.gif

SoldnerKei

But yeah, ESRB is inconsistent.

ESRB is into flat girls

as much as I love Tharja, I couldn't care less if her trophy was removed, it's just a virtual statue, if she could have been a potential character, that would have been something else, or even assist trophy, but I rather have no Tharja than just a silly odd looking trophy

this is hardly a rumour

given that it was part of the demonstrably correct ESRB leaks, and yet isn't in the final game at all, it's safe to say this is totally true

and it probably happens a LOT

Marcel

Lol

If Tharja fans are that upset they can always by that figurine of her as their own personal trophy. :p

Yeah, I'm not sure why oglers are sad when Tharja's physical PVC buttcheeks can be sent to your home for the low price of $45.

SoldnerKei

If Tharja fans are that upset they can always by that figurine of her as their own personal trophy. :p

Like I do, so I don't give a shit if her trophy was removed, you can't take that figure from me NOA mwhahahaha
ok I'll chill out now

Forkball

this is hardly a rumour

given that it was part of the demonstrably correct ESRB leaks, and yet isn't in the final game at all, it's safe to say this is totally true

and it probably happens a LOT
Agreed. It's hard to believe her alone could affect the rating, but we have undeniable proof she was in a very late version of the game. America's war on Tharja continues.

Sakujou

Banned
lol, so why remove it in every region if only the US has a problem with this stuff.

one countries problem aint the problem of all.

Marcel

Agreed. It's hard to believe her alone could affect the rating, but we have undeniable proof she was in a very late version of the game. America's war on Tharja continues.

How can the denizens of America progress without CG titillation? We'll never get out of this recession now.

The Lamp

I figured this would be a case. There is little reason to cut a trophy other than it was going to get a ratings bump. The thing that annoys me is the look at the Candy Trophy. It is just as barely clothed, but it is ok because she is an animal?
Reference:

Please. That is not as scantily-clad as Tharja. She's wearing actual shorts and an actual top. Tharja is almost wearing a thong in comparison. Candy just happens to be busty.

SoldnerKei

lol, so why remove it in every region if only the US has a problem with this stuff.

one countries problem aint the problem of all.

because all countries belong to america!
In america

but yeah, it's weird that is not in other versions of the game, soo, perhaps she will become a trophy for the Wii U, dlc assist trophy, or something? not in denial, just wondering

It's weird that Tharja's trophy would be cut when you still have trophies like Candy Kong and Barbara along with other elements like Palutena's pole dancing taunt.

Marcel

It's weird that Tharja's trophy would be cut when you still have trophies like Candy Kong and Barbara along with other elements like Palutena's pole dancing taunt.

Nintendo has a deep personal grudge with a character they created (is what some would have you believe).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's a good change IMO. Thee panties in Brawl served no purpose other than having something for perverts to drool over.
All these adults only thinking of themselves and not the kids. You got your rocks off to Peach's peaches in Melee so why deny the new generation the same thing with Smash 4?

People that genuinely care about this and are outraged are massive idiots

Isn't this more of a 'that's stupid and arbitrary' instead of an 'HOW DARE YOU!?' or have I just not read enough of the thread? It's more sad/amusing to me that Nintendo cares about whether a game gets E10+ or T than that there isn't a specific trophy/character in the game.

Azuran

Banned
Whether the rumor is real or not, the removal of a single trophy annoys me more than Ice Climbers being cut. That means one less thing to collect and spend my hard earned coins on. Now I will always feel like there's something missing among my FE trophies.

Izcarielo

Banned
Out of curiosity: how do the rating companies discover this kind of things? Do they 100% every game out there just to see if theres something out of place for a specific rating like a nipple or a severed head in the corner of a secret room?
Can anyone explain this a bit? Thx

rrs

I wonder if it was included in the ESRB copy pre-unlocked, as it would be in some yet unannounced way to obtain it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Out of curiosity: how do the rating companies discover this kind of things? Do they 100% everygame out there just to see if theres something out of place for a specific rating like a nipple or a severed head in the corner of a secret room?
Can anyone explain this a bit? Thx
ESRB almost never plays the game. Companies have to send them a video with gameplay & such in order for the ESRB to decide what rating to give the game based on the content the company has shown them. You can read a more detailed explanation here on the ESRB's site.

& I doubt I'll get an actual answer from Nintendo (expecting "we don't comment on rumors"), but figured it was worth a shot to ask them about this.

Top Bottom