• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - OH NOES GTAIV requires massive 3340KB HDD storage in PS3 version!!

3340KB!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THREE THOUSAND, THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY KILOBYTES!?

C'MON SONY WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

kylej

Banned
It's not the 3mb that I find funny, it's that someone would actually think the final version of the packaging would look like that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Milhouse31 said:
The keyword is minimum :O
Isn't that what everybody wanted anyways? :D

I mean, if it only REQUIRES 3mb, that means installation is not mandentory. I do, however, hope that they offer an installation for those that don't mind sacrificing HDD space for performance.

Visualante said:
It'll take three pages for someone to quote it three times and bold it for the rest of GAF to see that this is the bare minimum.

Naughty Dog regard streaming textures from the hard drive a necessity for all PS3 developers.

So blu-ray is too damn slow, is that it???

ummm... read what is says lol

3,340 maximum that could mean you need that much free for game saves lol it doesn't have anything to do with installation lol :lol :lol

dark10x said:
Isn't that what everybody wanted anyways? :D

I mean, if it only REQUIRES 3mb, that means installation is not mandentory. I do, however, hope that they offer an installation for those that don't mind sacrificing HDD space for performance.

Buy the pc version....when its out.....i dont really approve of the whole HDD thing, consoles are not pc's.....anyway how much for the 360 version?

Blablurn

34pgwav_th.jpg

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm much more interested in the 1080p claims on the box. I mean, it's not even 720p right? And on top of that, not even a consistent 30 fps?

painey

Some of the comments are insane.. especially the one about Blu-Ray consoles shouldnt need hard drives.. saving is so overated!

Anyway, my Motorstorm box says HDD min 725kb minimum and i remember that having a mandatory install, so just saying how much the save game is, is no clarification if there will be an install or not.

Some how I feel that many will think this is 3GB...

That's probably just for the save game, I do hope there's an option to actually install the game.

f@luS

More than a member.
Bluemercury said:
Buy the pc version....when its out.....i dont really approve of the whole HDD thing, consoles are not pc's.....anyway how much for the 360 version?
Do not play any next gen console then. Do urself a favor

dark10x

Bluemercury said:
Buy the pc version....when its out.....i dont really approve of the whole HDD thing, consoles are not pc's.....
That's stupid as it hasn't even been announced. Why would I wait? I would prefer a PC version, actually, but it isn't going to happen for a while (if at all).

What's the problem with installation when it remains optional? Ridge Racer 7, for instance, required over 20 seconds of loading per tracks when run from the disc (just like Ridge 6 on XBOX360). The OPTIONAL install, however, dropped that loading time down to 3-4 seconds instead. Made a HUGE difference. Why WOULDN'T you want such an option?!

The whole issue argued in other threads revolved around mandatory installations and I certainly understand those complaints.

Anyway, my Motorstorm box says HDD min 725kb minimum and i remember that having a mandatory install, so just saying how much the save game is, is no clarification if there will be an install or not.
You remember wrong. Motorstorm does NOT require any sort of installation. Now, if you apply one of the patches, it does (though they aren't really all that large), but the retail disc certainly did not.

X26

Banned
GTA4 may be availiable on the 29th but PS3 owners won't be able to play it until the 31st at the earliest due to the lengthy installation. Really this is pretty shitty of R* and a clear sign that the PS3 version was an afterthought

DrXym

Wow, 3Mb. However will I find the space for that on my HDD.

Sounds more like the size of a single save file than any mandatory install.

painey said:
Some of the comments are insane.. especially the one about Blu-Ray consoles shouldnt need hard drives.. saving is so overated!

Whatever, i just find hilarious that pple are asking for full installations on the HDD when the damn console has a blu-ray drive....the hard disk almost invalidates the blu-ray extra storage....
I just hope the 360 version doesnt ask to me to install anything substantiable....

dark10x

anachronous_one said:
Seriously. Why the hell is this thread-worthy?
My guess is that there were concerns regarding installation and this confirms that it will NOT be required.

I do believe that some of the first posters mis-read the title, however, and assumed we were talking about 3gb or something.

Wow. That's ... wow. GT5P requires a minimum of 6GB.
Really? GT5P requires an installation? I haven't played the game myself, so I wasn't aware of that. That's not good to hear.

Someone I doubt that GTAIV will fall into such a trap, though. In fact, I doubt Rockstar will even offer an installation of any type.

Top Bottom