• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - OH NOES GTAIV requires massive 3340KB HDD storage in PS3 version!!

WrikaWrek

Banned
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif
2vcjh9s.gif

scitek

Woooooooow! Even on Gamespot only one person made the mistake of thinking there was a 3GB install. I wonder who that was.

magnifying-glass.gif

Forsete

Holy fucking shit.. FUCK YOU Rockstar.

Stop with the mandatory installations. 3MB? You've got to be kidding. Thanks Crapcom for opening the flood-gates. :/

*suicides*

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dot50Cal said:
Also, Didn't San Andreas save files take up nearly the full 8MB of the memory card on PS2? :lol
Nope. Not even close (though the file WAS larger than most other PS2 games).

womfalcs3

Banned
Mmmkay said:
Oooh this is a fun game, I like fun games. Here's another fun game:
http://xs126.xs.to/xs126/08155/gt5p777.jpg[/img]

GT5:p has splitscreen in the European version, correct? That doesn't indicate that.

snacknuts

we all knew her
X26 said:
GTA4 may be availiable on the 29th but PS3 owners won't be able to play it until the 31st at the earliest due to the lengthy installation. Really this is pretty shitty of R* and a clear sign that the PS3 version was an afterthought

4D confirmed; PS3 games are adding extra days to months now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dot50Cal said:
Also, Didn't San Andreas save files take up nearly the full 8MB of the memory card on PS2? :lol
My SA save sharing space with the dozens of other gave saves I have say no, no it didn't.

Dever

Banned
Thread title should be: Rumor - GTAIV requires 0.00318527221679688gig HDD storage in PS3 version

That is if I'm using this bit converter thing correctly.

kitch9

Banned
Bluemercury said:
I find hilarious that the blu-ray based console needs a hard drive, but thats me....

This is the most retarded thing I've read all day...... Why wouldn't devs want a storage medium that can read and write at around 40-50MB a second? Why wouldn't a consumer want the obvious benefits that this reaps?

Majmun

"640kb ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Your thread would be a MEGATON in 1981. But now all I can say is :lol :lol :lol

I think it's high time we have a standardized test for new members to pass before they can start threads. Knowing the relationship between KB, MB, and GB should be one the the questions, as is knowing the difference between bit and Byte (b vs B, my biggest pet peeve).

AdamBot

anachronous_one said:
Seriously. Why the hell is this thread-worthy?

This brings up an interesting philosophical point.... does the face that something exists make it worthy of existence?

Correct answer is nope.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
antiloop said:
I think they meant to write MB and not kB?
Why would you assume that? It's entirely possible (and likely) that the game does not require nor even offer an installation option and the ~3mb requirement applies to a save game file.

neojubei said:
the game runs at 1080p???:D

runs 720p native and upscales

muzzakus said:
I was hoping for a 5gig mandatory install to take advantage of the Harddisk inside my PS3.

same here. i was hoping a game would come along and get me to delete my dmc4 install. guess it won't be gta4!

kitch9 said:
This is the most retarded thing I've read all day...... Why wouldn't devs want a storage medium that can read and write at around 40-50MB a second? Why wouldn't a consumer want the obvious benefits that this reaps?

Because they might not be necessary.....?And they add to the cost of the machine, that's why i bought a second hand 360, and not a new one??maybe??

Freeply

antiloop said:
I think they meant to write MB and not kB?

I think not, a lot of PS3 games have HDD requirement around this size.

Ratchet & Clank: 137KB
Uncharted: 2560KB
Army of Two: 155KB
Guitar Hero 3: 792KB
Call of Duty 4: 10MB
Motorstorm: 725KB
Eye of Judgment: 3125KB

Ashhong

Bluemercury said:
Buy the pc version....when its out.....i dont really approve of the whole HDD thing, consoles are not pc's.....anyway how much for the 360 version?

nice....troll some more

GHG

Gold Member
Is this thread serious? I read it as MB before coming in then I re-read and thought this:

2rzyoth.jpg

Top Bottom