• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 5 Spinoff or Revision on the way - P5R

Persona 5 Road Trip, play a scenario following the games end, extra dungeon, additional social links

Released 3/20/2018 on Ps4, Xbone and Nintendo Switch

Special edition comes in a box shaped like Citroen H Van

Sooo, their original idea for P5? :p

The idea of a road trip/globe trotting Persona game would be really fun but I feel like the volume of assets they'd have to make would increase so much that it wouldn't be worth it for the time they'd need.

I was thinking more like it was the base game but with them
continuing the road trip from the end of the game, in typical fashion they go skiing/to the beach which involves a character shoe horned in Marie style (the woman he saved and its only revealed its hear after 24th December in game?) and they have to take on a dungeon

I thought the release date and reference to the in game Van would lead people down that line, too subtle?

I feel like I'm the only one who thought Persona 5 was too short. Last section seemed rushed. It's almost like they had an even longer game in mind.

Last section drag on but cones too fast. No transition in the change of state of the theme and world.

Also the cruise drags for way too long. It's the paradox. We want more but there's too much

AAMARMO

Banned
What I expect:
Persona 5 Dancing
Persona Q 2
Persona 5 DLC (DLC 1
Akechi Episode
, DLC 2
Helping Akira
)

What I hope for:
Persona 5 Switch ver. (Includes Fire Emblem, Earthbound and Super Mario Bros costumes)
Persona 5 Arena
Persona 4 Golden Plus + (PS4, Switch, and PC)

What I dream for:
Persona 3 Remake (P5 Engine and Include all additional content)
Persona 5 PC port.
Persona 2 Remake (P5 Engine and Include all additional content)
Persona Action Role Playing Game (Developed by Platinum)

To try to clarify this again:

A while ago Atlus registered a number of domains, including P3D, P5D, P5U, P5AG, P5R, PQ2, Persona-Dancing and Persona 6 to 10.

Recently PQ2 and Persona-Dancing were updated, with an event tomorrow, this would suggest that the two sites will be tied to an announcement.

P5R has not been updated, the tweet in the op is Mystic speculating on what it might be for, but there is no new news, or indication that it has anything to do with tomorrow's event.

SMD

Persona 5 Rise Edition, the Inaba crew support Rise coming to Tokyo to investigate the Idolospheres and bump into the Phantom Thieves and Fortuna Entertainment.

Weebos

Banned
To try to clarify this again:

A while ago Atlus registered a number of domains, including P3D, P5D, P5U, P5AG, P5R, PQ2, Persona-Dancing and Persona 6 to 10.

Recently PQ2 and Persona-Dancing were updated, with an event tomorrow, this would suggest that the two sites will be tied to an announcement.

P5R has not been updated, the tweet in the op is Mystic speculating on what it might be for, but there is no new news, or indication that it has anything to do with tomorrow's event.

Thanks for the clarification, I assumed P5R must have been updated as well.

We probably won't get that announced any time soon then.

What I expect:
Persona 5 Dancing
Persona Q 2
Persona 5 DLC (DLC 1
Akechi Episode
, DLC 2
Helping Akira
)

What I hope for:
Persona 5 Switch ver. (Includes Fire Emblem, Earthbound and Super Mario Bros costumes)
Persona 5 Arena
Persona 4 Golden Plus + (PS4, Switch, and PC)

What I dream for:
Persona 3 Remake (P5 Engine and Include all additional content)
Persona 5 PC port.
Persona 2 Remake (P5 Engine and Include all additional content)
Persona Action Role Playing Game (Developed by Platinum)

Man I want them to let 3 and 4 die already. Kinda want them to just look at the future now. But it looks like they are ready to milk 5 for years to come.

Well I was planning on starting P5 this weekend, and now I feel like waiting to see what this is. I'd rather play a superior version with less padding. I know it would probably be a while before this version comes out but I most likely won't play a 100 hour game twice

Falchion

Persona 5 Racing would be hilariously unexpected and now I want it. Maybe the weirdest series departure ever.

STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS.

I know it seems early and this isn't updated, etc, but considering Hashino is moving on, I think the revision will come sooner rather than later, if there's a revision at all. I also see no reason for it not to be a DLC episode on PS4 (along with a Switch release)

P5 is about 10 hours too long anyway, so as others have said, a FemC scenario or NG+ content would work better than a bunch more added into the main game.

RalchAC

My MC maxed out every confidant without following a guide, something that was basically impossible in previous Persona games.

Fortune and Temperance where amazing time savers. Managed to max everybody but 2 links (which were at 5-6 by the end) and I didn't use a guide or min maxed stat increases.

"Rouge" or "Rose" are going to be my guesses. They would fit both the accent colour of the game, play into the French flavour sprinkled throughout.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
If they make some miracle and it somehow works on the vita, ill be happy.

Would love to have a third playthrough on the vita with some new confidants+ dungeon.

Riviakn

Banned
It was Sega Europe saying "~Sure! We'd love to have all the games on PC!"

To be fair, half of the japanese developed games in the last 2-3 years with a PC Port haven't even been released there, iirc you couldn't buy Dark Souls in Steam in almost any asian country.
Also the PC Ports of Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta and Vanquish were made by Sega of Europe, so it does make sense the Western Branch is the one handling the PC Games regardless of not being the "Main Branch".

The fact that it was Sega of Europe the one who said it makes it irrelevant? No
Is it a confirmation that Persona is coming to PC? Neither, I actually don't think P5 is coming to PC,
although I would love it to :(

JBwB

I highly doubt it but I really hope it's the 'Golden' version for P5. There's just so many parts in the original game that they can refine, improve and add on to.

Please be the case! I'm itching for a third playthrough!

Mr Swine

Banned
Bamboo 竹;245093070 said:
Persona 5 Ready for Switch.

Ohhhh boy! I'm ready too
for disappointment

It would sell gangbusters if it ever came out on Switch. But I feel it's going to be PS4 exclusive

Top Bottom