• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 5 Spinoff or Revision on the way - P5R

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Looking forward to that announcement stream thread and the meltdowns that will ensue.

If I can transfer my original file over like 3 > FES was then it'll be grand. I'd happily play P5 again, but I don't really need to spend another 200 hours working on a second plat...although I probably would anyway.

As much as I'd love to see P5 Rogue with new content, I'm not sure how they could do it. The game is already pretty tightly packed with storyline segments and the final battle with Satan shooting God through the eye at Christmas is really important for the irony of conclusion. They would almost have to rework it to start earlier in the year like the end of February and cut a few Morgana sends you to bed without doing anything days to get enough new days for a new dungeon and more group hanging out segments without taking from social link time.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Do we have a date on it?
A lot of people are expecting something to be announced at the Persona concert, which is being held... TOMORROW(!)

Stuff has been revealed at these before such as P5's first gameplay trailer.

Mediking

Take it as a rumor since it's not new, but my source is absolutely reliable.

I haven't played P5, but I know they will get rid of/fix some grinding (or something that makes the game too long) and, as a consequence, the story should be shorter. Around 2-3 months ago I was told the game was still 1.5/2 years away from release.

I was told to wait for this version since it should be overall better. That's it.

Hmmm... wow. This sounds... hahaha. Thanksfor the information!

A buddy of mine has been straight up saying "Persona 4: Dancing All Night? ...Persona 5: Racing All Day" since launch.
He was fuckin onto something.

Delpij

Maybe a PS4One remaster equivalent to FF International? In non english-speaking countries, people were pretty disappointed about the lack of localization of such an anticipated game.

Since they recently hit a major milestone in terms of distribution/sales, it would make a lot of sense to put in the extra i18n effort imho. Don't think I'm going to spend another 150+ hours on that one, though.

gun_haver

As much as I'd love to see P5 Rogue with new content, I'm not sure how they could do it. The game is already pretty tightly packed with storyline segments and the final battle with Satan shooting God through the eye at Christmas is really important for the irony of conclusion. They would almost have to rework it to start earlier in the year like the end of February and cut a few Morgana sends you to bed without doing anything days to get enough new days for a new dungeon and more group hanging out segments without taking from social link time.

I think they should focus on revising the content that is there rather than adding lots of new stuff. There's plenty to do and plenty of character interactions, the problem is most of them stink. Priority 1 for the western release should be a re-translation. There's a nice theme about forcing Japan to deal with it's problems buried under all the 'it can't be helped' and text conversations which repeat exactly what just happened in the preceding cutscene.

bunkitz

Whatever it is, I'm paying for it. Milk this til it runs dry, ATLUS, cause you'll get all of my money.

*sobs in the corner because I've spent so much on Persona merchandise since April 4*

(can you guys imagine if it was simply called "Persona 5 Red?" that would be quite disappointing, hahaha)

DNAbro

bla_1501668000.png

for those who need the approximate time of the concert where everything might get announced.

Cess007

Whatever it is, I'm paying for it. Milk this til it runs dry, ATLUS, cause you'll get all of my money.

*sobs in the corner because I've spent so much on Persona merchandise since April 4*

(can you guys imagine if it was simply called "Persona 5 Red?" that would be quite disappointing, hahaha)

I kinda expect the name to be just "Persona 5 R" lol

Gbraga

bla_1501668000.png

for those who need the approximate time of the concert where everything might get announced.

I don't think I'll be able to watch it on niconico this time. For the love of God, Atlus, don't take so long with the blu-ray this time. It's not like people can still go to the concert once it's over, release it!! >_<

Mik317

I played that game on PC so much when I was a kid that I could play the stages perfectly with Metal Knuckles...ahh, to be a kid and not know that you where playing shit :)

those were the days man. I remember being blown away with Sonic R at ToysRUs as a kid....i didn't know it was a racing game and was just fucking about w/ Knuckles. Best day ever

_Ryo_

If it is an expansion like FES I expect it to be PS4/Switch. No PS3 version. If it comes to Switch the orginal version wont come to it. File Transfer from P5 vanilla will be PS4 exclusive.

7Th

Female protagonist is pretty much the only thing that could make this worthwhile, specially so soon after the original was released.

Galang

Banned
All I care about is the revision. I decided to hold off until the revision arrived this time. Praying its for Vita or Switch or PC. Praying they add a female route

As much as I'd love to see P5 Rogue with new content, I'm not sure how they could do it. The game is already pretty tightly packed with storyline segments and the
final battle with Satan shooting God through the eye at Christmas
is really important for the irony of conclusion. They would almost have to rework it to start earlier in the year like the end of February and cut a few Morgana sends you to bed without doing anything days to get enough new days for a new dungeon and more group hanging out segments without taking from social link time.

Is that a spoiler for the game? Haven't played it yet :/ Sounds about how the Persona games go though

Kinsei

Banned
If it's a revision then I hope it has a FeMC route. Preferably with things like the beach scene and drive to the third palace heavily modified.

If I can transfer my original file over like 3 > FES was then it'll be grand. I'd happily play P5 again, but I don't really need to spend another 200 hours working on a second plat...although I probably would anyway.
I'll lose it if I have to play that damn fighting mini game again.

Top Bottom