• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

jett

D-Member
TTP, Kamiya better be directing this shit...

jhNk2.gif

legacyzero said:
How much would you pay for a port of all three games in one pack on Steam. I'd drop $60 like that, but only IF they include MGO from Subsistence.

200 bucks for MGS3 campaign alone. Another 100 for Subsistence Online. I'd throw in another 50 for the other two games.

I feel very nostalgic for the old MGO. I wish I could just boot up the disc just to walk around in the maps alone, reminiscing and shedding manly tears.

Despera

Banned
ninj4junpei said:
Shuyo Murata better be directing Zone of the Enders 3. >:|

Kamiya didn't confirm or deny it, and Kojima's Tweet doesn't help either.
Actually, it does.

Hideki Kamiya, who responded "So this rumor has also come to Japan." Hideo Kojima replied to Kamiya's Tweet, saying "But it would be nice if it were true."

If the rumor wasn't true, why would Kojima insult his own team by saying it would be nice for another developer to continue work on Rising?

Something doesn't add up here.

Despera said:
If the rumor wasn't true, why would Kojima insult his own team by saying it would be nice for another developer to continue work on Rising?

Because they're not necessarily his team, and/or he's jaded from years of working on this one series and having his recent project canceled?

ArjanN

Despera said:
Actually, it does.

It would make sense given that the rumor suggests more of a collaboration. Then what he said wouldn't really be an insult to his team. More of a "Platinum makes cool games, I'd like to work with those guys some time."

IMO a much better argument is that they wouldn't straight up confirm or deny this rumor via twitter before E3/their conference anyway.

Zen

Banned
Despera said:

There's nothing really that doesn't add up, Kojima has spoken positively about other teams handling X Y Z properties (not just his own) in the past. It's not really a backhanded confirmation nor a denial. It's probably just an honest response.

Tucah

you speak so well
Despera said:
Actually, it does.

I just took this comment to mean that he through it would be nice if the two of them were working together, not specifically replacing the Rising team.

Despera

Banned
The rumor clearly states the game switched devs and escaped kojipro. Kojima misinterpreting that as a collaboration is a possibility. But them not denying anything in those tweets is suspicions.

Either that or they're using us as a pass time till E3 :(

Just played Bayonetta and Vanquish for the first time this week...

After experiencing the greatness of both games, I'd lick Kojima's solid snake if Platinum Games was making MGS: Rising. They're perfect for the job.

Suairyu

Banned
MGS4 at 60fps would be a boon, somewhat. There was no reason why a game that looks like MGS4 does should have been running at anything less than 60 on the PS3.

re: MGS2/3 "clean" look people - MGS3 will never look as clean because it's a jungle, an organic environment. MGS2 achieved its clean look by use of abstract, angular environments and texturework. Even if you hi-res MGS3 to the level of a modern PC game, MGS2 will always look cleaner.

In many ways, MGS2 is a masterpiece of designing to the limitations of a platform. A reduced colour pallet (blue and orange!), simply geometry and lack of NPC model variation means the attention to detail and framerate can be kept super high whilst maintaining the illusion of hi-fidelity graphics. Superb design.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is just like a dream I had once except instead of MGS it was the (a) best experience in the world and instead of Platinum Games developing the game it was Games developing Platinum and instead of MGS4 coming Steam it was Brutal Legend but other than that it's just like a dream I had once.

x Maiku x

TreIII said:
Kamiya would definitely be nice, but let's not forget Yusuke Hashimoto, either.

http://platinumgames.com/about/key-members/yusuke-hashimoto/

While Kamiya may be the one with the director with the vision, Hashimoto is the designer who actually helped make the battle systems for such games like DMC1, God Hand, RE4 and Bayonetta what they were. So as long as he's involved with this, this could stand to be quite good.

As far as I know, Hashimoto only did visual effects on those games except for Bayonetta, which he was the producer on. Hiroshi Shibata, however, was lead game designer on Bayonetta, Okami and was one of the lead game designers on RE4. He was also the original director of RE4. Kamiya recently said that Shibata is still on his team.

x Maiku x said:
As far as I know, Hashimoto only did visual effects on those games except for Bayonetta, which he was the producer on. Hiroshi Shibata, however, was lead game designer on Bayonetta, Okami and was one of the lead game designers on RE4. He was also the original director of RE4. Kamiya recently said that Shibata is still on his team.
It would seem that you are correct, and it is Hiroshi Shibata we should be praising.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Suairyu said:
In many ways, MGS2 is a masterpiece of designing to the limitations of a platform. A reduced colour pallet (blue and orange!)
Mind blown!

robor

TreIII said:
Like someone said earlier in the topic, it'd be just like a MGS storyline! :lol

Haaa. Hey I'm all for it if Hiroshi Shibata's in on the lead. I can't imagine Kamiya on the helm due to his hints about his next project way back when.

I really want it to be Shibata. I mean, what if they take RE4's camera system and use the sword-slicing mechanics similar to God Hand's combat system? Think of that along with super agile stealth ala Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory x Ninja Gaiden Black.

BAHAHAHAHAA man I'm cruel!!!!!!

;_;

jett

D-Member
I just wondered if the MGS3 PC port will use PS2 assets or the improved 3DS ones. Quick TTP, ask your sauce. :p

JCreasy

Despera said:
Actually, it does.

You're giving me hope . . .

don't DO that.

Top Bottom