• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

casmith07

Ha, your question regarding Cboat illustrates your junior status :)

Cboat is a shadowy figure, but people have deduced he must work somewhere in Microsoft because his leaks are all related to their content. So Cboat doesn't say anything about Sony because he wouldn't be in a position to know anything. And now you know!

Correct. I've been keeping my eyes peeled this thread for thuway.

Loakum

Banned
In my humble opinion, when the PS4 launches all of it's launch titles will launch with it. I don't think the launch dates listed for games like Watchdogs, and Assassin's Creed BF, reflect the release dates for the next gen console games, just the current gen games. It's not too far a stretch, for the mentioned next gen titles to be released before the current gen titles. Of course it's all speculation at this point, which is why next week's GamesCom is gonna be so exciting.

F4r0_Atak

It's definitely getting a next gen release. Matter of when rather than if. PS3/360 aren't the only platforms it will ever appear on.

If your saying/prediction turns out to be true, then I guess such announcement would go for VGA 2013, which should leave plenty of time to 2K/Rockstar deal with its release date if next-gen consoles sale well (which I think will happen).

Gonna be a lot sooner than that. Feel free to continue offering sacrifices at the altar of Batman just in case though.

Ok... but why no Batman Arkham Origins on PS4? :(

My local GameStop is actually a pretty good place with very knowledgeable employees.

That being said, the manager there told me that he was talking with his district manager and was told that the PS4 would launch the day that BF4 does.

Also, he said that the Xbox One would be launching the same day as COD.

Makes a bit of sense considering dlc for BF is always PS first, and dlc for COD is always 360 first.

My local GameStop is actually a pretty good place with very knowledgeable employees.

That being said, the manager there told me that he was talking with his district manager and was told that the PS4 would launch the day that BF4 does.

Makes a bit of sense considering dlc for BF is always PS first, and dlc for COD is always 360 first.

Well I think you might have forgotten the fact that BF dlc is also now exclusive to Microsoft's console starting with BF4!

Iacobellis

A GameStop employee also told me the PS4 would be $500 before E3.

macewank

The overwhelming majority of Gamestop (which includes DM's and managers) know just as much about Sony/MS launch plans as we do. Which is not much. Take anything you hear with a grain of salt.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If your saying/prediction turns out to be true, then I guess such announcement would go for VGA 2013, which should leave plenty of time to 2K/Rockstar deal with its release date if next-gen consoles sale well (which I think will happen).

If the GTA ports happen, I doubt we hear a peep about them before Christmas. They'll want to maximize holiday sales before talking about next gen.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This thread really took off and I hope this october launch does actually happen, the sooner the better.

Or is it this big due to wishful thinking by us?

Our resident insider Verendus stated the launch is going to be too soon for MS to counter so I think that would point to October. Only two days until we know for sure though.

Why get hyped like this when there is a huge chance that it wont release in October? whats the point? You'll just get incredibly dissapointed if it doesnt meet your expectations, which it most likely will end disappointing people

Samyy

Why get hyped like this when there is a huge chance that it wont release in October? whats the point? You'll just get incredibly dissapointed if it doesnt meet your expectations, which it most likely will end disappointing people

No_fun_allowed.jpg

Bailers

Well I think you might have forgotten the fact that BF dlc is also now exclusive to Microsoft's console starting with BF4!

So far only the second assault is exclusive, and only timed exclusive at that.

I'll wait a month to play it on the PS4. Microsoft just yanked the xbone from DICE's home turf. Exclusive money hat or not, where do you think the devs are going to be playing on when they get home?

Pop

Nothing stops the hype train!

Choo choo!!!

BadAss2961

I just might trust a tale from someone's ass before a tale from their GameStop.

KoopaTheCasual

In my experience, best friend's uncles are the best source of insider information.

Today while playing with my dog, he tried to lick my face. I sidestepped just in time to evade mouth to snout contact, but his jaws kept lunging towards the side of my face, unwavering. It was at that moment he whispered "PS4 October 21st..... get hype," into the recesses of my ears.

Today while playing with my dog, he tried to lick my face. I sidestepped just in time to evade mouth to snout contact, but his jaws kept lunging towards the side of my face, unwavering. It was at that moment he whispered "PS4 October 21st..... get hype," into the recesses of my ears.

Dude, that's borderline bestiality there.

Boss Man

GAF -> RL -> GAF

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Preorder cancelled if it's not out by October 1st.

I've come to imagine many gaffers have a complex matrix of if-then statements linked to an automated system, whereupon if a certain announcement is made the system activates and promptly cancels preorders. Preorder cancellation efficacy maximized.

Bradach

Gonna be a lot sooner than that. Feel free to continue offering sacrifices at the altar of Batman just in case though.
the last guardian on ps4 as a launch day title on Friday the 25th of October. (batman arkham origins release date). Do it Sony. Do it.

NateDrake

Our resident insider Verendus stated the launch is going to be too soon for MS to counter so I think that would point to October. Only two days until we know for sure though.

Are you referring to this post?

Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

Top Bottom