• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2 leak from Linked?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Would love to have a PC port so I can play the first one. I won't dust off the PS3 anymore. Hope they announce that some day :/

Unfortunately it's never happening. Apparently the code for the game was completely fucked and it would be a nightmare port.

i thought that in 2016 i would already be anticipating for the sequel to the sequel of Red Dead Redemption, not still waiting almost 6 years for a new game in the series aaaahhhhhh

PNgjpA.gif

Catvoca

Banned
Internally during development Red Dead Redemption was known as RDR2 (since it's the second game of the Red Dead franchis), this did cause some to refer to the game as Redemption 2 when rushing out forms and filling out cv's. That persons games go in timeline order, most recent at the top (GTAV - 2013, Red Dead Redemption - 2010 and Midnight Club: LA - 2008).

Sorry to burst that bubble quickly guys. :(

This would make sense, or it could be a fake account. But we all know actual Red Dead Redemption 2 is/was in production, there's been too many little tidbits of info for it not to be. Why anyone would want a sequel to one of the most overrated games last gen, i'll never know
:D I'd probably still be there day 1. I'll play anything Rockstar puts out at this point.

Salvadora

i thought that in 2016 i would already be anticipating for the sequel to the sequel of Red Dead Redemption, not still waiting almost 6 years for a new game in the series aaaahhhhhh
The wait between GTA IV and V was over 5 years.

Given that development times and resources have increased dramatically with the new consoles - it's not surprising that we haven't yet had a sequel.

Even if Rockstar is currently developing it, these types of games take years to make.

The order of the list is odd, after Midnight Club they started RDR then everyone knows the whole R* fam works on the flagship (GTA). There's no RDR/2 or RDR,2..

And for those asking about a PC port of Red Dead Redemption, see my post here.

The ONLY way Rockstar could do a remaster of Red Dead Redemption is if they took the game itself and transfered it over to ERB3 and THEN ported it to PC (which in turn would allow PS4 and XBO versions too), but to salvage that mess of a code and actually put that amount of work into it would cost a lot of man hours.

Ok? They have plenty of time for that and the Rockstar team as a whole is huge. They could let another developer handle it and hope for the best. People are going to buy a remaster of that game regardless. The Rockstar name will be slapped on it and it's RDR.

I'll never say never, but if they really wanted that remaster to exist it would be out by now. The issue is less about time and other resources. It's just not a priority for Rockstar.

The wait between GTA IV and V was over 5 years.

Given that development times and resources have increased dramatically with the new consoles - it's not surprising that we haven't yet had a sequel.

Even if Rockstar is currently developing it, these types of games take years to make.

Well, they announced GTA V 3 years after GTA IV, so even if the wait for the actual release was 5 years, i still had a trailer and confirmation of their next project. Between GTA IV and V we also had RDR, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3. In September it will be 3 years since GTA V release, and since then we got remasters of that game. I was really used to their schedule so having no information at all makes me sad.

Ash735

Well, they announced GTA V 3 years after GTA IV, so even if the wait for the actual release was 5 years, i still had a trailer and confirmation of their next project. Between GTA IV and V we also had RDR, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3. In September it will be 3 years since GTA V release, and since then we got remasters of that game. I was really used to their schedule so having no information at all makes me sad.

That's because stuff's happened at Rockstar over the past two years which has caused a lot of long time developers to leave the studio, biggest hit is Rockstar North.

That's because stuff's happened at Rockstar over the past two years which has caused a lot of long time developers to leave the studio, biggest hit is Rockstar North.

Could you elaborate? I love rockstar games, and was saddened that craig conner and even leslie benzies left the studios. But i recall that they left on good terms

Nista

I'm pretty skeptical of this profile, cause he has none of the other artists from R*SD as contacts, or anyone from that studio at all. Maybe he's just a linkedin slacker, but I don't remember him from that time frame either.

mf.luder

Internally during development Red Dead Redemption was known as RDR2 (since it's the second game of the Red Dead franchis), this did cause some to refer to the game as Redemption 2 when rushing out forms and filling out cv's. That persons games go in timeline order, most recent at the top (GTAV - 2013, Red Dead Redemption - 2010 and Midnight Club: LA - 2008).

Sorry to burst that bubble quickly guys. :(

This makes the most sense with the timeline on the profile.

Still waiting for E3 though.

Or at least release a remaster with the expansion.

I still junk undead nightmare is THE best dlc I've ever played. So good.

Favorite game of last gen, and best rockstar game

Top Bottom