• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony/SuperBot Making Sony Smash Bros [Update 3: Even More Details]

noobie

Banned
they haven't officially unveil it yet. I think if everything goes according to plan, Sony like to have up to 1 year before release (Uncharted 3 is almost a year between announcement and release).

but sometimes shit happens and you got Gran Turismo and Last Guardian

Then why the person is able to leak so much of information? Is Sony turning a blind eye toward it? or it has got Sony's tacit approval..

Big One

Banned
If you could only pick one 3rd party character to be in Title Fight...who would you pick? I'm just curious what the NeoGAF community has to share. Thanks! :)
I think Spyro and Crash are a must. Make sure they're based off the Playstation era designs however

Then why the person is able to leak so much of information? Is Sony turning a blind eye toward it? or it has got Sony's tacit approval..

we'll see if it get announced at VGA. I know there's that mystery 'Last of Us' game that is hyped for VGA, but there's nothing preventing Sony to have 2 games announcement for VGA. last year they got Uncharted and Resistance trailer.

anyway, it seems the game has been in development since last year, so following 2 year dev cycle, next year is a good prediction for game release.

Pachimari

I want Ratchet & Clank as one character, and Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Gex as 3rd parties, Solid Snake would be awesome. Give me Gabe Logan and Mark Hammond (The Getaway) now that I'm doing my wish list anyway. Nice having Jak & Daxter in there, they'll probably be my mains.

CamHostage

You don't need to have Sony's permission do do digging. It's fair journalism to hunt out a story.

The only bad side is that all this is coming from a source leak, which could really hurt Superbot, somebody inside is either pouring everything out unaware of the repercussions of getting caught or they're digging through archives somehow most likely illegally (drive hacking or something.) It reflects bad on the studio that this is happening so openly and visually, and it could make their next contract a little tougher to secure. (Scoops are fun, but rumors affect stocks, so companies have good reason to spoil the party.) I can see no way that PGN is doing this on the level, there's some gutter tabloid work going on here and having worked for a variety of companies with good reason to not declare its projects before they're ready it makes my teeth itchy that something bad could happen to somebody at Superbot (I have such high hopes for those guys.)

...But it is journalism. You may not be used to this kind of deepthroating because it happens less and less, but this kind of digging is supposed to be out there.

CamHostage

By the way, I'm interested to see what this game is, but I'm a little worried that people are expecting this to be a AAA project. It could easily be just another PlayStation Move Heroes, something fluffy using characters that was supposed to fly under the radar rather than stand up against Smash Bros...

SykoTech

By the way, I'm interested to see what this game is, but I'm a little worried that people are expecting this to be a AAA project. It could easily be just another PlayStation Move Heroes, something fluffy using characters that was supposed to fly under the radar rather than stand up against Smash Bros...

I sincerely doubt that. Move Heroes was a Move exclusive game (which generally don't have as much effort put into them) and only used 3 franchises (two of which have been very inactive). I don't think Sony would let a fighting game featuring all their major players like Drake and Kratos be handled so poorly.

Ill give this Paul Gale guy credit for reporting this story but whoever is leaking this info so willy nilly is a unprofessional jackass who should be fired as soon as possible and never given a job in a serious game studio ever again.

Crocodile

When is this game supposed to be officially unveiled? Also "Title Fight" has to be one of the worst names I've ever heard for what is shaping up to be a major title.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Jennifer from Rule of Rose?

160773.jpg

Man I would kill for a PS3 version of this game

Toppot

This could be a very cool game if it has a good roster or characters. Definitely needs Ratchet and Clank (RYNO Finisher), Spyro, Crash (Bazooka Finisher), Prince of Persia, inFAMOUS Cole, Infected Nathan Hale and a PAIN character (Probably Jarvis)

Kratos VS Nariko, if kratos wins he gets to do one of his "special" minigames with her and Kai .
Childish, immature, unimaginative, unrealisitc and I like it ;) Though, Kai is mine! Kratos can have Nariko

Hex

Banned
Something just feels off about this.
A game like this, with "leaks" this blatant and out there ... wouldn't Sony have said something by now?
I could understand if it was a multiplat type game, but not something like this.
I would imagine that they would either make a statement or tell them to stfu.

Takao

Banned
I'd want MegaMan Volnutt if he were to ever be in this game (I doubt it because it's a Capcom character, and one they want to keep on the down low) since that series to me is a tonne more "PlayStation" than MegaMan classic.

I hope that the game is flashy and cartoony with all of the exaggerated zoom ins/outs and slow mos of SSBM. The appearance of this kind of game is just as important as the controls in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and taunts! Please give us sweet taunts!

"Q5] Can you give us an 8th character?
A5] Yes I can: the pair of Jak and Daxter!"

LMAO...was this development team not given NDAs or something?

Best character reveal ever.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ur-voices-to-superbot-entertainment-and-sony/

"It’s been a good 10 days since Paul Gale Network provided you with an update on Title Fight, but do know that I have been working behind the scenes to try and do something special for you…and now’s the time to share it. I contacted my source with the following proposal:

What do you think about PaulGaleNetwork.com having a continuously updating article that isn’t used as a gateway for me to share information with my readers, but rather one that’d be a designated place on the web where the legions of fans that are so passionate about Title Fight can share their thoughts…ranging from concerns about the game, to voices of thank you’s, to real suggestions for the development team for Sony first party characters that HAVE to make it/recommended 3rd party characters, stages, items, music, and any other possible idea imaginable...”

Zen

Banned
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ur-voices-to-superbot-entertainment-and-sony/

"It’s been a good 10 days since Paul Gale Network provided you with an update on Title Fight, but do know that I have been working behind the scenes to try and do something special for you…and now’s the time to share it. I contacted my source with the following proposal:

What do you think about PaulGaleNetwork.com having a continuously updating article that isn’t used as a gateway for me to share information with my readers, but rather one that’d be a designated place on the web where the legions of fans that are so passionate about Title Fight can share their thoughts…ranging from concerns about the game, to voices of thank you’s, to real suggestions for the development team for Sony first party characters that HAVE to make it/recommended 3rd party characters, stages, items, music, and any other possible idea imaginable...”

I'm starting to think that this blog is actually viral from Sony, a kind of Smash Bros Dojo. Either way, keep it coming.

Top Bottom