• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Don't have the nostalgia for Crash that many others do. The only crash game I played was the first one released on the original Xbox.

This is a really nice callback to see though, especially given it's context in the game.

Ploid 3.0

Until Skylanders stops making money, Spyro isn't coming back the way he used to be.

I was wondering if that was the Spyro box on the desk, but that's probably not it.

Closest Spyro box to that color.

N9ZbsJA.jpg

Naughty Dog, and Insomniac were BFFs during those days I think. Or maybe it was just during PS2 days.

Ploid 3.0

Oh shit that alone might get me to buy the game on launch. Sounds like they had some fun making this game

Seriously, it seems like Naughty Dog put their foot all up in this game. Imagine a hub of his house, walking around just being bored, like the Africa area where you can drive a jeep to different places. I bet ND wanted to make sure this game was special. The easter eggs, I can't wait.

Lazy edit.

Hahaha this is awesome. Good quick edit, that gave me a hearty laugh.

Ridley327

Naughty Dog, and Insomniac were BFFs during those days I think. Or maybe it was just during PS2 days.

No, they were close in the PS1 days. I think they ran into each other a lot at Universal Studios, back when ND was based out of there and Insomniac had to swing by to check in on the cutscenes for Spyro. I'm pretty sure that Cerny had helped to introduce them to one another, as he was the head of Universal Interactive at the time.

Ash735

Shawn Layden will step out onto stage in a Crash Bandicoot costume, make no mention of it, and no CB games will be announced.

Better yet, during Shawn's speech, have that guy who starred in the 90s era edgy marketing walk out on stage in the Crash suit, whisper to Shawn and then have Shawn verbally say "Oh not right now, that's for later", ...and then never bring it up again.

Yeah, that's what I was saying above. So I wasn't crazy. :p

That was my first thought as well. "why does Drake have a copy of Abe's Exodus?!"

WHICH, COINCIDENTALLY ENOUGH, IS ALSO BEING REMADE FOR PS4! (think that was announced recently-ish, and a remake of th first one launched on PS4 first!)

Yep, when will they learn that stuff like this and The Last Guardian, FFVII Remake and Shenmue 3 are pipe dreams?

It isn't happening, folks!
Yeah, but those are games a decent amount of people actually want, especially the first two! Shenmue was the only real pipe dream.

Shawn Layden will step out onto stage in a Crash Bandicoot costume, make no mention of it, and no CB games will be announced.
Would be great. Didn't something similar happen with Vib Ribbon?

Tapejara

SNURB

Yeah, but those are games a decent amount of people actually want, especially the first two! Shenmue was the only real pipe dream.

So, you're saying that Crash doesn't generate the amount of hype those others have? Have you not seen the amount of people who go nuts over any rumors surrounding Crash? People went CRAZY over the NECA Toys rumor back in February and people still want to see a revival. Don't know where you got your facts from.

Danlord

That was my first thought as well. "why does Drake have a copy of Abe's Exodus?!"

WHICH, COINCIDENTALLY ENOUGH, IS ALSO BEING REMADE FOR PS4! (think that was announced recently-ish, and a remake of th first one launched on PS4 first!)

Yep. Oddworld: Soulstorm, a darker reboot of Exoddus, I'm hoping to see something of that at this E3; Sony are usually good with Indies like that.

It was a Vib-Ribbon pin, I think? And shortly afterward we got Vib-Ribbon as a PSOne Classic.

Edit: Post about it from Layden himself: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/06/vib-ribbon-finally-releases-in-north-america-tomorrow/
Ah yeah, that's right. Thanks!

So, you're saying that Crash doesn't generate the amount of hype those others have? Have you not seen the amount of people who go nuts over any rumors surrounding Crash? People went CRAZY over the NECA Toys rumor back in February and people still want to see a revival. Don't know where you got your facts from.
Well, I'd say the fact that Crash is consistently at the top (or at least in top ten) of PS classics on PSN Best Seller lists, people do want it. A lot.
I guess we'll see. :) I'm not against it, I just don't think it'll happen.

If a new Crash happens, I'll use a Crash avy for a month.

maxcriden

A new proper Crash Bandicoot announced at E3 would be fantastic. Knack cannot be the only platforming effort that Sony puts forth. It simply can't.

Crash Bandicoot is the true fucking mascot of Playstation. None of this Kratos bullshit or Ballsack Boy.

Wait, does Knack have platforming? Serious question. I thought it was a beat-em-up.

Seeing that this is leading to an announcement, just how involved are ND with the project?

That's kind of a broad assumption, but up until today, I didn't think Naughty Dog would ever even glance sideways at Crash Bandicoot again -- clearly I was incorrect.

Top Bottom