• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Team Ico Collection - It's coming on Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Thanks SONY for killing PS2 backward compatibility!

matmanx1

Much like the Demon Soul's 2 rumor this "Team Ico" pack speculation has my heart all a twitter. If one or both turn out to be false I will likely track down the offending perpetrator and bludgeon him or her with something nasty. DON'T PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS!!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People expected TLG this year ? lol ....

@news

day 1 if true.

I fucking hate gaming websites and their reliance on basically breaking people's confidence for a few cheap visits.

VG247 sucks at the best of times - their liveblogs are often just embarrassing to read.

Yoboman

Seriously though, vg247 is nothing to rely on. If they were then they've already leaked half of Sony's E3 conference

soldat7 said:
SotC is not meant to be played in 60fps. 30 for sure, but 60? No thanks.
The game had an uncapped framerate, it was often running near 60, so I assume that was the goal

the game (sotc) was running at 30fps (at best) with LDR, some form of fur shading for colossi and grass, an archaic version of self-shadowing and motion blur. i'd gladly take 30 fps if it means HDR, an evoluted shadowing system and maybe per pixel motion blur, though it's probably asking to much for an up-port.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
JaseC said:
I've been wondering if they'll bump the framerate up to 60fps considering the game would've been developed with 30fps in mind.
Actually SOTC was framerate agnostic - cap was set at 60fps (there are very few areas in the game where you can see this), so it's just a matter of running the code on faster hw.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Aesthet1c

I've never played these, but I will be picking this up for sure. I've always heard how amazing they are, and now I'll finally get to check them out.. and in HD :D.

BTW the cutscenes will probably be the same the the GoW collection. That stuff is already pre-rendered, and there isn't much they can do to upscale it.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Would have to be upgraded in graphics and framerate for me to consider, and of course 30 bucks. Won't bite at 40

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yoboman said:
Nah ICO definitely needs a texture upgrade, even if its just some sort of basic filtering.

Implementing AF is easy enough, however it's unrealistic to expect months of work re-doing textures and other art assets. It sure would be nice, though. As the old adage goes: 'Never say never!'

Fafalada said:
Actually SOTC was framerate agnostic - cap was set at 60fps (there are very few areas in the game where you can see this), so it's just a matter of running the code on faster hw.

Had no idea. I assumed there was a 30fps cap that was seldom reached. :lol Cheers for clearing that up.

StuBurns

Banned
Aesthet1c said:
BTW the cutscenes will probably be the same the the GoW collection. That stuff is already pre-rendered, and there isn't much they can do to upscale it.
As bad as the cutscenes were on GoW Collection, it's nothing compared to NGS, that was offensive.

Orobi

I hope to see some "cutted-colossi" from the early concept of the game.
BTW, great (news!!!) edit: RUMOR!!! :D

wmkvw8.jpg

Zoc

Hmm... when I read about the GOW collection, I remember the developer said that it was all written in straightforward C code (or whatever) and was easy to port. On the other hand, I remember reading that to make SotC, they had to basically fill it with all kinds of weird hacks. Wouldn't necessarily make for an easy port. If not easy, then not worth it financially, probably.

Zoc said:
Hmm... when I read about the GOW collection, I remember the developer said that it was all written in straightforward C code (or whatever) and was easy to port. On the other hand, I remember reading that to make SotC, they had to basically fill it with all kinds of weird hacks. Wouldn't necessarily make for an easy port. If not easy, then not worth it financially, probably.
Yeah this collection (as well as MGS one I presume) will be harder to port than GOW.

Biff

I skipped the GoW collection but will day one this. Please be true.

And just to add a little kick while they're down already, holy shit @ TSA 'source' :lol

Breaking news for GAF: I have just learned, from my source, that BP is readying the 'top kill' procedure to cease the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico (rumor). This is insider information which I have chosen to give to all of you. You're welcome.

AAK

If true, Sony's E3 press conference is gonna be ridiculously underwhelming looking at all the leaks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
nofi said:
Only after it was revealed elsewhere.

What in god's name did I just read?

Teetris said:
Would have to be upgraded in graphics and framerate for me to consider, and of course 30 bucks. Won't bite at 40

You won't buy a bluray of two remastered classic games from the last generation for $40? Are you like, impoverished or something?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
InfiniteNine said:
I imagine that's how they are going to announce it at E3.

I suppose I have a reason to watch Spike now. *shrug*

Never played them during PS2 era, so I would love to get a chance to play these on my not backwards compatible PS3. GAF-gush got me very interested in these 2 games.

RedSwirl

If Sony devised some kind of system with which to quickly and relatively cheaply port new games over into HD with trophies and such, would you actually re-buy them and accept that instead of true PS2 backwards compatibility?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
AAK said:
If true, Sony's E3 press conference is gonna be ridiculously underwhelming looking at all the leaks.

'All the leaks' being the two games they officially announced and released media for?

ianp622

Would play the shit out of both if this is true. It almost makes me want to play SotC now, but that would defeat the point :)

RedSwirl

Zoc said:

According to an IGN interview the GOW Collection was mostly possible because the guys at Blueprint games either worked closely with or were partly made up of guys who'd worked on GOW 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom