• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Titanfall also 720p?

Rizific

its damn near 2014 and we're still talking about 720p....HAHAHA oh man. fortunately im not constrained to static hardware for the next 6-7+ years.

Amir0x

Banned
boy-that-escalated-qu5vozl.gif

This is actually perfect since that's exactly what happened

mortimer was all "I have to confirm a source"; he never could. Two other insiders decide to confirm it out loud. Then Albert posts in that topic; then cboat rebuffs him. Now this Titanfall news is all over the place

this could not have worked out more poorly for the good people who just want to get the Xbox One out launched already without any more issues...

I seriously recommend most of you read the interview Digital Foundry did with Respawn, lot of interesting questions and answers in the interview, and they basically said back in August that Titan Fall wasn't 1080p on Xbox One. :p I'm seriously surprised most of you thought Titan Fall was 1080p. They basically shot down the assumption back in August.

Interview

The question is...does it really matter? As long as the game looks decent enough, which is a point to where I think we have gotten, does 720p make that much of a difference? As long as the game looks good enough, and makes great games, why not? The hardware, is going to still be able to create advanced new games with them and graphics are not everything.

It's 2013!

I seriously recommend most of you read the interview Digital Foundry did with Respawn, lot of interesting questions and answers in the interview, and they basically said back in August that Titan Fall wasn't 1080p on Xbox One. :p I'm seriously surprised most of you thought Titan Fall was 1080p. They basically shot down the assumption back in August.

Interview
Yeah, Titanfall being 720p isn't surprising since Respawn is prioritizing framerate.

Madness

Might as well just get TitanFall for the 360, play a few months of matches, and pick up a Destiny PS4 bundle after that. More and more, seems like this will be the first Xbox console I don't get at launch.

If Halo 5 seems promising, might pick up a version then.

Guevara

Zz2aDaf.png

Uh, uh, now, eventually you do plan to have 1080p games... on your, on your 1080p console, right? Hello? H-Hello. Yes?

Man I'm late. I just now started reading through the other thread, and now I see this one. Crazy. Considering how Titanfall and COD:G look (not that great for next-gen games), it's surprising to me that both might not be 1080p on XBOne.

jim2011

Not that COD or Titanfall look that impressive but... I'd rather have an amazing looking 720p/900p game than an ok looking 1080p game. Resolution doesn't mean everything, certainly not with videos either, netflix 1080p doesn't hold a candle to blu-rays at 720p.

Imagine Crysis 3 at Low on 1080p vs Ultra at 720p. Obviously if you could have Ultra at 1080p that would be preferable and if PS4 did that, it would be the superior version. However, I think everyone needs to stop complaining so much about devs shooting for lower than 1080p (specifically for both versions), there are tradeoffs that need to be made in order to hit that.

CSX

Well...5 more months till release right? I can see the team getting that res bumped up before it reaches gold even if they are prioritizing the 60fps.

But man this is just more bad PR for MS. Even if this rumor and the CoD turns out to be false, the damage is done. Hell so many people still think XB1 still has the DRM.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I seriously cannot fathom how poor the 360 version must be going by the X1 version.

Even if X1 version was confirmed to be 4K native resolution running at 120FPS at all times I would be worried of the 360 version. It's a different studio and I don't know if some of the stuff they're doing with NPCs will work on 360.

A lot of people seem to think Titanfall is just 6vs6 deathmatch or something like that but there are constantly spawning bots over the battlefield lol

Foffy

Banned
I still can't get over a system that apparently is future-thinking to support 4K output (surely not for games), but the two most basic games on a technical level just barely enter the HD sphere.

Are they even native 720?

Pain

Banned
I don't think it's such a big deal for Titanfall. I'm sure plenty of games will run at 720p this gen, and if that's what the dev's choose to target it's their choice.
Is it really their choice?
Why not choose 1080p? That would be better wouldn't it? There's obviously compromises going on here due to technical limitations.

I still can't get over a system that apparently is future-thinking to support 4K output (surely not for games), but the two most basic games on a technical level just barely enter the HD sphere.

Are they even native 720?
No next gen system will have 4k for games lol

coldone

xbox 360 probably does similar to other COD titles. 880x720.

Xbox one will be 1280x720

Xbone will still look better than 360.

graywolf323

would have thought of all games Titanfall would be the easiest to hit 1080p since it's just running on a modified Source engine

Valnen

Oh wow, that's just sad. The graphics didn't even look that good. If much more demanding open world games can pull off 1080p on PS4 how can this not even hit 900p or 1080p? Is the Xbox One really THAT weak?

Top Bottom