• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: "Untitled Spiderman PS4 Project" incoming

please no. venom and carnage both suck
get out, bro. this game was awesome.

latest

Jigorath

Banned
Sony and Disney are working together on a Spider-Man movie.

Wouldn't be totally out of left field for them to collaborate on a game as well.

Wiggy

I've been thinking they should do this for years, guess Activision had the rights on lockdown though. Hope its not some VR thing (if its true).

Sucker Punch would be an awesome fit.

BUT- dont over think it! Just completely copy Spiderman 2 swinging/jumping/climbing! You cant improve on perfection!! :D

Would be great if it was real. But I have a hard time believing that Activision would allow Sony (or anyone else) to use this license. Even though Activision has run into a wall with said license.

If its real and just a movie VR tie-in, I could see myself passing on it.

Akiller

Lmao this makes no sense to me, Activision still owns the video game rights.

If anything, they'll hire P* to make a cheap Spider-Man game before the deal ends.

The N64/PS1 version was an enjoyable game (at the time, anyway, it might not hold up control-wise). I loved how much there was to the story.

The SNES version amiright?
i'm sure that was dope too, tbh i don't remember the version i played but i think it was the sega version

Jigorath

Banned

If anything, they'll hire P* to make a cheap Spider-Man game before the deal ends.

Activision's rights for all Spider-Man games expired a while ago. They only own specific movie tie ins.

Dynomutt

No, Platinum is already busy enough. I'm tired of low budget super hero games.

Transformer's: Devastation was a pleasant surprise. I'm afraid though towards the end the synthesis was overrated and it was more about "getting good" with dodges and timing. At least for me. Once I mastered the dodge/freeze/chain combo mechanic it was a wrap.

I am a bit worried with the amount they have on their table that some games like Ninja Turtles may end up being too similar in style. I know they have their signature but something fresh is always good as well.

If anything THAT makes no sense. A huge AAA Spiderman game made by Sony would sell way more than a "cheap" Spiderman game from Platinum.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
As I posted in the other thread, Sony doesn't really publish games they don't own the IP for. I'm not sure why they'd do this?

Because its fucking Spiderman. I believe he is still the most profitable of all the super hero IP's across both DC and Marvel, especially considering merchandise. Why not make a videogame? Even a crappy one will sell a million copies with some advertising.

jeffram

I'd love a Spider-man game by either Sucker Punch or Rocksteady.

Actually, I don't care who makes it if it has the same traversal mechanics of Spider-man 2 for PS2.

F4r0_Atak

Street Fighter V.

Helldivers.

They may not have IP ownership on SFV (since it is Capcom's) but Helldivers is a SIE property even if Sony published the game on Steam.

lol it won't be Sucker Punch. inFAMOUS 3 next, then new IP. Next. Besides they don't have the rights, Activi$ion does.

It was already stated by Shuhei Yoshida and Scott Rhodee that SP' next game was a new IP. It was said they would take a break from InFamous for the time being.

They may not have IP ownership on SFV (since it is Capcom's) but Helldivers is a SIE property even if Sony published the game on Steam.

It was already stated by Shuhei Yoshida and Scott Rhodee that SP' next game was a new IP. It was said they would take a break from InFamous for the time being.

Hmmm, still believe it's another iF tbh. We'll find out sooner or later.

F4r0_Atak

Same. And we WILL! We will I tell ya! It's gonna happen. inFAMOUS 3 at E3 or PSX. PSX is more likely though

If Sucker Punch is showing something this year, which I doubt, it won't be InFamous 3. Work on the new IP has been going on for more than a year. They might aim for a Spring 2017 for this one.

I just realized people are already familiar with SIE and forget SCE :'(

No worry buddy... they kept the same-ish logo. People won't even see the difference.

F4r0_Atak

Gonna be VR. I don't "know" anything, but I'd be stupidly hyped for an open-world Spider-Man game not tied to a film series, and we can't have that. So it's a VR thing. Guaranteed.

If based on Verendus' rumor about SP next game, their next game and new IP will push the visual fidelity should push it a bit further than ISS.

Polygon said:
"Marvel: more console games are coming, announcements next year.

Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel hosted a panel devoted to its digital offerings, including Marvel Games, which largely consist of mobile games such as Marvel Puzzle Quest, Contest of Champions and Future Fight. But what about bigger console game offerings? Marvel says more are coming, eventually.

In response to a fan question about whether or not Marvel was still looking for partners to create console games, Marvel Games producer Mike Jones confirmed that they are and that projects are in the works.

We are very much taking a controlled, less-is-more, quality-focused, developer-focused strategy," he said, "but it is very top of mind, and we'll have a lot more announcements probably next year."

It seems likely that SIE could have snatched the publishing rights for the future Spider-Man games. If we are to get announcement this year (most likely at E3), then we might possibly get a game made in-house by one of SIE WWS, but from which studio?

Top Bottom