• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: "Untitled Spiderman PS4 Project" incoming

This is good news if real.

I've always enjoyed Spider-Man games. Some have been mediocre, but a lot have been great. I especially loved Shattered Dimensions.

F4r0_Atak

Between that Spiderman and Crash Bandicoot, how close are we from Sony buying out Activision.

Not happening. They may take some unused IPs from Activision's hands, but I don't expect to outright buy the company. Just for the COD IP, shit will rain down on them before they can even get the chance.

F4r0_Atak

Sucker Punch + Spiderman IP = Hot damn!

Hopefully this means they will stop making Infamous games and take a break from the IP.

They already said they were after release "First Light". It is also said that they are working on a new IP. It's been almost two years, so we might get an announcement this E3 or at worst, a teaser trailer (with a full reveal at PSX).

I've always wondered why they sticked with only doing Lego games. Captain America, Iron-Man, Spider-Man and X-men in the hands of capable studios would be killer hits.

They probably want a whole Marvel game universe like MCU but I think no publishers out there has ball to build many Marvel games at the same time. And asking each publishers to cooperate with each other for a universe is probably complicated because no one want to share profits

FelipeMGM

Please be real. Please be good. Please open the flood gates to more Marvel console games.

Yes please!

Gimme that Wolverine Platinum game, a Daredevil Arkham combat inspired game, a Crack in Time alike from Insomniac with Rocky and Groot, an Obsidian Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Spend that money Disney, cmon!

Toki767

The Amazing Spider-Man was a perfectly acceptable game that used Arkham's combat system.

That said, I'd be perfectly fine with VR webswinging.

F4r0_Atak

They probably want a whole Marvel game universe like MCU but I think no publishers out there has ball to build many Marvel games at the same time. And asking each publishers to cooperate with each other for a universe is probably complicated because no one want to share profits

Personally, I don't think that you would need to share profits to share a thoroughly cohesive universe. Video games based on comic book properties are part of derivative products. It would make writing a tad bit easier for some game companies.

Since the idea is up in the air, I'm unsure how good Sucker Punch is with melee combat. I actually don't remember much of that from Infamous.

FelipeMGM

They already said they were after release "First Light". It is also said that they are working on a new IP. It's been almost two years, so we might get an announcement this E3 or at worst, a teaser trailer (with a full reveal at PSX).

Mind linking that?

Also, just because they can, it doesnt mean they will show the game. They have GoW and Dead Dont Ride for E3 already, plus Horizon, TLG, GT Sport and maybe GR2 & Dreams coming back, plus some other ''second party'' games are bound to show up.

Sony owned Spiderman for movies, I never got why they let the games based on those movies come out on Xbox and Nintendo systems.

Sony Pictures and SIE (miss ya SCE) are different things, not how that stuf works. Can be done for sure, but its not the same deal

F4r0_Atak

Yes please!

Gimme that Wolverine Platinum game, a Daredevil Arkham combat inspired game, a Crack in Time alike from Insomniac with Rocky and Groot, an Obsidian Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Spend that money Disney, cmon!

They may share similarities on a bunch of front, but due to Groot's stature it would be hard to implement in a video game and make it fun as he is not exactly the typical game character. Although, Rocket would easily fit in the Ratchet and Clank mold gameplay-wise.

Sony owned Spiderman for movies, I never got why they let the games based on those movies come out on Xbox and Nintendo systems.

Because Activision owned the publishing rights for the Spider-Man for a very long time, even before Sony snatched the rights to the Spider-man movies.

Defect

infamous has bad combat? what since when.
and you call those shitty P* random qte good combat?
Jeeeez, so srs.

Anyway, I was only referring to Second Son and yes, its combat was very lackluster. I enjoyed the game though!

And I haven't played the Transformers game so I don't know what P* random qte game you're talking about.

FATALITY

Banned

spiderman rights are all over the place

Jeeeez, so srs.

Anyway, I was only referring to Second Son and yes, its combat was very lackluster. I enjoyed the game though!

And I haven't played the Transformers game so I don't know what P* random qte game you're talking about.

bayonetta is worst offender. and i loved that game

Because they made more money by them being on multiple platforms and without having to spend their own resources and first party devs to make them. They also didn't have to invest in games themselves. But they did publish some of them outside of NA and EU.

This was before when Sony owned all merchandising rights. They still make money from the movie tie-in's however, based off of the Sony e-mail leaks, which is something Activision aren't a fan of.

Best wishes.

Jeeeez, so srs.

I think gameplay in Second Son is fantastic, what's terrible are the missions design... in the whole franchise, terrible. Also characters and story but that wouldn't (shouldn't) be a problem here.

It's serviceable. If they focus on movement/powers instead of just being a brawler they'd do great

Sure and ultimately I want that as well, but I'd also like a combat that isnt just serviceable since I imagine we're gonna be doing that a lot as Spider-Man. Infamous is cool because it's combat is largely tps-focus, but I can't imagine doing the same as Spider-Man.

Really, I would like it if it focuses on the mobility aspect. Both exploration and in combat.

If it is exclusive it had to be a VR game. Marvel isn't in the business to prefer one platform over the other, with exception to phones.

Sure and ultimately I want that as well, but I'd also like a combat that isnt just serviceable since I imagine we're gonna be doing that a lot as Spider-Man. Infamous is cool because it's combat is largely tps-focus, but I can't imagine doing the same as Spider-Man.

Really, I would like it if it focuses on the mobility aspect. Both exploration and in combat.
I mean serviceable as in it's just pushing the punch button and it works. Nothing spectacular/of note but not bad. Spidey doesn't need a ton of combos; give him a combo string with maybe a couple of finishers, everything else is based on web. Slingshots, grabbing, tying enemies together, blinding, stringing them upside down, sticking them to walls

Is there indication that Sucker Punch might be developing such a game, or is it just wishful guesswork based on their pedigree for open world traversal. I keep telling myself to get Second Son (I've even said I'll be picking it up in several threads already), but I always seem to put it off thinking I don't really have a strong enough urge to play it.

The God

Is there indication that Sucker Punch might be developing such a game, or is it just wishful guesswork based on their pedigree for open world traversal. I keep telling myself to get Second Son (I've even said I'll be picking it up in several threads already), but I always seem to put it off thinking I don't really have a strong enough urge to play it.

Wishful guesswork.

F4r0_Atak

More of the latter.

Top Bottom