• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Watch Dogs 3 Will Take Place in London

Damn it, this just makes me want to see London in GTA VI even more! Are the Watch Dogs games considered good open world titles - good performance, gameplay variety, lots of content etc.?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Damn it, this just makes me want to see London in GTA VI even more! Are the Watch Dogs games considered good open world titles - good performance, gameplay variety, lots of content etc.?
Watch Dogs 2 was the game that ruined GTA V for me. Seriously. I played GTA V religiously but it feels so lifeless after WD2.

Rockstar can make a huge great looking map but that's about it. Watch Dogs 2's map looks great too but it just doesn't have that polish feel/look to it that a Rockstar map would have.

Los Santos is nice to look at but when it comes to open world gameplay it feels dull and boring. The world is static, lacks accessible interiors (OK there are some tunnels) makes it feel restricted, and the NPCs feel/sound like robots. San Francisco is WD2 might not look as impressive but you can manipulate the environment (change traffic lights, create blackouts, raise bollards, control vehicles, hack phones/cameras, have police arrest people or have gangs attack them), you have loads of accessible buildings during free roam and not just missions, and when you hack NPCs you actually start to believe they are real people with real lifes.

Unfortunately, the first game ruined the reputation of the series. A lot of people are likely to pass on WD2 because of the bad press the first one got. It wasn't a perfect game and had lots of flaws but I enjoyed it. The sequel is a huge improvement and you should definitely give it a shot.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
If it does take place in London, i hope it gives you the option to go to the pub for a fish and chips and nice cold pint!

english chippys are arse. if that's what you want the game should be set somewhere in scotland :messenger_beaming:

seriously though...london would be a great choice. the amount of surveillance in the UK is insane. also won't give them an excuse to have such lethal weapons like automatic guns. here you can't even legally own a bb gun unless it's super bright. in scotland you need a license to own an air gun. guns are pretty much a no go. only police and gangs use them. i've never seen someone carry a gun here in my life except police at the airport. i loved all the improvised homemade weapons that WD2 had.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope they'll remove GTA and TPS elements from this game completely, cuz WD2 was pretty fun game but unfortunately ruined by GTA and TPS elements which were completely unnecessary. I mean, give as and option to ride cars and bikes and stop there. Period.

Oh and I hated stupid and dumb hacking mini-games in the last game and the fact that there's just so much of it. Just make the fucking thing much simple, less annoying, much faster, less dumb, less boring and much less frequent. I mean, what's even the point in the opposite if hacking in the game is nowhere near close to real world anyway and wasn't fun at all?

And how can I forget absolutely terrible PC port when it comes to performance....

Even 2080Ti can't offer rock solid 60 in 1080p (!!!!!!). What in the actual fuck!? The game is not even all that good when it comes to visuals, the tech it uses and there's far more better looking and performing OW games out there with much and much better performance even on 1080 / 1080Ti). Get your shit together, Ubi, and forget about temporal filtering! Even Quantum Break performs extremely well in native 1080p all maxed on a 1080Ti and the tech it uses is far more superior and complex.

P.S. Female protag is my jam. Hopefully it's true.

Last edited:
I know he wasn't a well received character, but i miss Aiden. I hope Watch Dogs 3 has some references to him. Also, sometimes i just wasn't in the mood to do those complicated ass hacking puzzles. I think that should be overhauled somehow.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
If Watchdogs 3 its going to be announced at E3, instead of Splinter Cell, oh im going to be so angry
Fingers crossed for both!

While they're at it, announce the xbox Splinter Cells are getting re-released with achievements/trophies on PS4/X1 that includes Double Agent Xbox/PS2 version

Also, patch Watch Dogs 2 so that it gets X enhancements. It already has Pro and looks drastically better.

Top Bottom