• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Watch Dogs 3 Will Take Place in London

wipeout364

Ubisoft needs to find a better main character and storyline for these games. Both have been enjoyable but have lackluster storytelling and characters. Series needs something interesting going on. I think watchdogs got away with it because it was early in this generation, Ubisoft can do better, watchdogs 2 went for a bright colorful look which I think backfired.

In my opinion watchdogs should go for a futuristic setting, something that really lets the hacking aspect really open up.

metalshade

Not sure how they would introduce guns, those things are not all that popular over here.
Would be interesting to have a game that means I can finally drive on the correct side of the road though.
Wonder if they will include roundabouts, heh.

rivv3r

Banned
Will there be an American translation? Because I don't speak britbong.

EFGnF.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
London is a good choice for Watch Dogs with all of the surveillance technology in that city.

Hadn't really thought of that, but yes if the rumor is true this makes perfect sense. Being able to hack into the CCTV network to get a look at nearly anywhere in the city would be an interesting premise.

I've always wanted another game based in the UK since The Getaway, which could have been great but the technology wasn't up to par yet.

Not gonna get my hopes up because of how lame WD2 was. Ubi will find a way to ruin a potentially awesome setting.

Ellis

Americans needing subtitles for English always gets a chuckle from me.

We speak the same fucking language you silly cunts.

Ellis

I've always wanted another game based in the UK since The Getaway, which could have been great but the technology wasn't up to par yet.

Not gonna get my hopes up because of how lame WD2 was. Ubi will find a way to ruin a potentially awesome setting.

I swear that game must have been the main selling point for me buying a Vauxhall Vectra lol.

base

Banned
Oh gosh, can there be a connection with Brexit? Did the main character manipulate the results using high technology?

Drake

Can't wait to play as a lesbian Muslim in England and for sales to tank on this franchise even further.

Catphish

Don't get your hopes up, Londoners.

As a Chicagoan, I can tell you that they properly cocked up their representation of Chicago. It was pretty much unbearable.

Boss Mog

London is the perfect city for WD3 since it's pretty much become like 1984 over there. It would certainly make for a great game, but you know Ubisoft is too woke to ever do something like that.

Just please no "l33t hax0r" crews. As uncompelling as Aiden was, he was still a way better protag than Marcus. Really the protag should be Jordi, he's by far the best character of the franchise, like by REALLY far.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
London is the perfect city for WD3 since it's pretty much become like 1984 over there. It would certainly make for a great game, but you know Ubisoft is too woke to ever do something like that.

Just please no "l33t hax0r" crews. As uncompelling as Aiden was, he was still a way better protag than Marcus. Really the protag should be Jordi, he's by far the best character of the franchise, like by REALLY far.

I really enjoyed Aiden's voice work for some reason. But wow, that character design was a mess. Cyber hobo.

Lino

Neo Member
London sounds cool but I have no faith in Ubisoft to do it justice

at least we can count on them for another shitty pc port that's for sure

Meowzers

Americans needing subtitles for English always gets a chuckle from me.

We speak the same fucking language you silly cunts.
Yea, apart from Scottish accent. I'm British and even I had to put subtitles on when I watched a Scottish movie a few years back.

Moses85

I hoped that they will drop the franchise and spending these open resources for better games. WD1 was ok, WD2 was so boring and the protagonist was so stupid.

EDMIX

does it really matter when all ubisoft games look the same

errr not really. Not sure how a FPS like Far Cry looks like a RPG like AC in Egypt that looks like a modern open world game like Watchdogs that looks like a competitive FPS in Rainbow Six that looks like For Honor....

So....different teams, many different engines, many different genres and perspectives. So I'm hype for a Watchdogs in London, the setting doesn't get used often in open world titles. Hoping for The Getaway 3 one day so this will have to do until then.

makaveli60

Finally an open-world game in mondern day London, my favourite city. AC Syndicate's Victorian version was awesome, I hope for the same quality here.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
The slogan should be "hack with your lad"

Seriously, I liked the 2 a lot. I hope that is from the same people

mortal

Gold Member
Makes sense with all the cameras.

China should be part 4.
China would definitely make a great setting. They've got some real life black mirror stuff happening over there. I would've preferred modern China over London tbh.

Stuart360

Just drop all the Hacker dweebs shite, WatchDogs 2 made me long for bloody depressing Aiden from the first game, it was that bad.

KonradLaw

Just drop all the Hacker dweebs shite, WatchDogs 2 made me long for bloody depressing Aiden from the first game, it was that bad.
Oh come on. Aiden was awesome. I miss the times when Ubisoft allowed their protags to be complete assholes.

Top Bottom