• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: we might be getting a new PS Store layout

jwk94

CdD_i72UIAAeemw.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NoteWise1/status/707346140941918209

Reminds me of the Xbox Store. Not exactly sure how I feel about it. Looks nice, but I need to see if it functions well. I hate what they've done with the current store. It's a chore finding demos.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The current store is fucking terrible, the old store on the PS3 was honestly better, so I look forward to whatever is replacing it (if its happening). Right now I honestly use the web store for just about everything because its just easier than browsing the store on the PS4.

BHK3

Banned
Wonder if this will be ported to the ps3 and wonder if it will still run at 10fps or still crash nonstop.

Hopefully it'll make things easier to find, I don't understand why the tabs change every week.

Dominator

The current store is fucking terrible, the old store on the PS3 was honestly better, so I look forward to whatever is replacing it (if its happening). Right now I honestly use the web store for just about everything because its just easier than browsing the store on the PS4.
I don't think you'd used the PS3 store in a very long time. That shit is atrocious.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Looks nice. I'm fine with the current store, aside from the text entry for search, but this looks good.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Noooooooooo I really like the current one with all the tiles and everything.
But this design looks pretty cool, too.

Danlord

Didn't the US get a PS Store redesign and, at least in the UK it stayed the same?

That looks much better than current UK store, I'd rather have that. Still, this potentially new update looks better than UK store. I'm happy with either the current US version or that.

Andrefpvs

Looks like I'll keep using the web store, a.k.a. the closest thing we have to the old PS3 store (which was amazing).

Nibel

I don't care for layouts, just make it snappy and user friendly as possible. Hope something will change about that as well

Grylvak

Having both PS4 and Xbox One, I personally don't like how the store is laid out on the Xbox One and wish the PlayStation Store stays the same. I'll wait to judge when I see more of the layout than just game pages / game purchase options though.

EDIT:
Very off topic, but I just noticed I am no longer a Junior Member. Yay I guess.

Fat4all

Banned
As long as they keep the sorting options in (date new-old, price high-low, etc.) then I'm fine with it.

That's my biggest problem with the Xbox Store.

Please fucking no. I hate that garbage Xbox store as it is.

I dont understand why people need such huge thumbnails and banners. Just the game, its price and maybe a small video. thats it.

jwk94

Didn't the US get a PS Store redesign and, at least in the UK it stayed the same?

That looks much better than current UK store, I'd rather have that. Still, this potentially new update looks better than UK store. I'm happy with either the current US version or that.

That one is awful. It's more of a merge between the old store and that. You still have the categories on the far left and when you click one it brings you to what you see in the screenshots. There are far too many sub-menus.

Jigolo

Looks cleaner without the blue accents and more organized in terms of game add-ons. We'll see how it fares in practice

Mandelbo

Eeeehh, I don't like how it strips out information and segregates things into different screens. That JC3 image at the top has so much wasted space, why do that when you're going to be displaying the store on a TV? Also why does the screen that shows details for The Division need to specify that the game has vibration features? Does the store do that now?

Fonz72

I don't mind the PS4 store, search sucks though and the PS3 store has been borderline unusable for the past two years.

farisr

Plz no. The Xbox store sucks. The PSN store is fine as it is. Just let me have a proper keyboard to search with and optimize the store to run smoother/faster on consoles. That's all that's needed.

Also, please don't touch the webstore, unless you're adding in functionality to better view the games you have purchased.

jblank83

Agree. Web store is fine, functional, easy to browse and search.

The PS4 store is horrible garbage.

Top Bottom