• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

Left field suggestion............

Could this main feature be a mini projector built-in to the controller and powered by the chipset?

Whatever it is, I'm intrigued.

Raide

Mr. Spinnington said:
devs should have learned to code Wii games if they wanted to make awesome-looking stuff

i've already made my stance clear: rumors are rumors and speculation isn't worth getting serious over. whatever Nintendo is concocting for hardware isn't going to be used to kick the pants off of a next gen graphics contest, that's for sure

Playing Monster Hunter Tri currently and I think it is stunning, so its odd to see other developers not make good looking games on Wii. I am also playing Kinectimals *coughs* and that is stunning too. (Damn cute cubs)

I am actually interested to see what Nintendo do with a console that actually has a chunk of horsepower behind it. Damn, if they have 100% BC, I will be playing Tri on a Wii 2. :D

With the build-up to E3, I do love all the rumours that appear because it does make you look forward and see what is happening. Hell, as long as the press events are more exciting than last year, it should be a good laugh.

wsippel said:
It has to render only once, but the stream needs to be compressed in real time, with minimal latency. Quite demanding.
Theres some devices outputing a 1080p stream with less than <1 ms lag. This what i have been talking about for eons before the jerking begun in this thread and got no comments.

Like i commented in a previous post lets say Nintendo wants to send output frames to both the TV and the 6´´ screen at the same time. The supposed integrated camera on the screen could have a less obvious use. That camera could be used to track fingers positioning near the screen surface. Set it like this you won´t need to constantly be focusing attention between the TV and touch screen.

So basically this could turn a TV screen of any size in a touch screen. For some games the Wii pointer method could make more sense and be more inmersive. For others this type of direct touch method applies.

This way it doesnt depend of line of sight and you can reach the hole screen space with just your fingers.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
gofreak said:
Sadist lists his/her location as The Netherlands so maybe he picked it up there without checking the source...

fake edit - beaten, seemingly. Oh well, at least this didn't snowball TOO much.

A google search shows it has been posted on at least ten other message boards already.
:lol

gofreak said:
IMO that part of the quote doesn't make much sense.

Why would devs report old info to journos?

And why 'all of a sudden' now, in one rush, to multiple outlets?

Well, this would be my read:

Around E3 last year, Nintendo reach out to third parties with a spec sheet and an idea of launch windows etc. for their next system. The intention is to canvas publishers, get them on board early and take feedback (much as they seem to have done with the 3DS, and MS did with the 360).

Early this year, Nintendo start rolling out dev kits to select third parties. These are final/near-final kits and are similar, but superior to the specs discussed at E3 2010.

Everyone involved knows Nintendo are planning to announce the console at E3 2011 (or possibly at their investor conference) and are honouring an agreement to stay quiet until then. That embargo is broken, either by Nintendo with a controlled leak, or a loose-lipped insider. Everyone decides to pile on and hint at what they know, including those privy only to the original specs from 2010. Hence the clusterfuck of specs descriptions - anywhere from 360.1 to a PS3-beater.

EDIT:

Ah, balls :)

Well, I still think my explanation may fit for the discrepancies, even if the Perry thing was guff.

antonz

There can only be one form of punishment for Sadist and it is fitting fort this time of year
2vlqm2r.jpg

Crucify Him!

Sadist

gofreak said:
Sadist lists his/her location as The Netherlands so maybe he picked it up there without checking the source...

fake edit - beaten, seemingly. Oh well, at least this didn't snowball TOO much.
I'll give him a fair internet smack though :/

Guy was making fun of two insanely weird Belgian Nintendo fans (we suspect them to be same person though) and wanted to make those two lose their shit and in the end wanted to point something out. He did the best job ever ^_^'

Next time, I'll just post news WITH links

Eteric Rice

I wonder if Nintendo is maybe banking on Microsoft and Sony extending this generation? I don't think MS and Sony want to extend it, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few publishers are pushing for them to hold back due to costs.

AniHawk

Skiesofwonder said:
A google search shows it has been posted on at least ten other message boards already.
:lol
it's not hard. see, madness is, as you know, like gravity: all you need is a little push.

M74

Cow Mengde said:
Umm... I'm pretty sure if we were to talk about the PS2 when it was released, it would say it blows the "current competition" out of the water. I mean, what, you're expecting him to compare it to future consoles that don't exist yet?
By the way, it was posted pages ago that prospective specs for all three consoles are trading hands already. So, yeah, there are some folks out there who probably could make anticipatory comparisons.

I really don't like the idea of having a "main feature" that can be turned off to increase performance. So for me that's a positive thing about the quote being fake.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
people PEOPLE PEOPLE!!

01net (the NGP people) has reported a June 2012 launch with Rockstar on board and GTV5 coming soon, along with the console being SIGNIFICANTLY MORE POWERFUL THAN THE XBOX 360.

So it could be true anyways.

apana

Herbspicesoy said:
I really don't like the idea of having a "main feature" that can be turned off to increase performance. So for me that's a positive thing about the quote being fake.

Seriously there is no touchscreen or holograms. It's just a wiimote with a little touchpad or something.

apana

Skiesofwonder said:
people PEOPLE PEOPLE!!

01net (the NGP people) has reported a June 2012 launch with Rockstar on board and GTV5 coming soon, along with the console being SIGNIFICANTLY MORE POWERFUL THAN THE XBOX 360.

So it could be true anyways.

Back on the hype train.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
At least edit away or note the original post as a fake.

antonz

Opus Angelorum said:
What's frustrating is knowing there are Nintendo employees reading this thread, laughing their asses off at the rampant speculation. Knowing full well what the design actually is.
We know there are game devs too like evil jackson :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom