• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii mini console redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks hot. I'll probably get one for homebrew down the line since my launch Wii is crazy loud and has a lot of those green/red "GPU is almost toast"-pixels.

Rootbeer

Banned
if homebrew still works on it and it can still play gamecube discs then i'll consider picking one up to go next to my Wii U :p

Sandfox

Great idea launching this a few weeks after the new console that already looks like a Wii comes out.....

This does look nice.

Well they have to differentiate it somehow lol. Also, a cool looking Wii will make some people double dip(which some of the people in this thread are actually debating because of its design).

Yawnier

Banned
As somebody who never bought or owned a Wii, I like the look of this new mini this far. I might buy this because there are quite a few interesting games on the Wii that I missed out on.

m.i.s.

Banned
Because Wii U mini?

I'd expect Nintendo to drop Wii backward compatibility at some stage. That way, they can also remove the SD card slot and also the Multi AV Out from the Wii U. Gives Nintendo fans more incentive to pick up the launch Wii U units whilst everyone else has to buy a Wii U without b/c and Wii mini if they haven't got a Wii already.

TrutaS

Looks like a Nespresso machine. But that is not at all bad, I like this new aesthetic. I find it odd though that they will release a redesign that actually looks more modern than the new console they just put out. This new design philosophy seems like the shift Wii U should have taken to differentiate itself from the Wii (that and a new name).

kvn

As somebody who never bought or owned a Wii, I like the look of this new mini this far. I might buy this because there are quite a few interesting games on the Wii that I missed out on.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So with Wii Mini that actually look good unlike the PS3 SuperSlim(and maybe with price cut) and a price cut for 3DS Nintendo seems like doing things right again.

nikatapi

Νintendo should have given the WiiU a design like this, distinctive and different from the Wii. Looks pretty cool.

Can see why the Wii U design was kinda dumb but I don't see why this is a bad move.

I think they need to drill it into the public that the Wii U is an entirely new console before putting Wii Mini out, you can bet that a lot of the public will be scratching their heads wondering 'so now there's three Wiis?'

ASIS

NW9iu.jpg

Saw it on Bestbuy.ca's front page earlier but now I can't get it to show up. Here it is on their servers: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Projects/_Con.../Assets/2012-11/Nov-23/small-banner-1-wii.jpg

That looks fantastic! Why couldn't they incorporate similar design on the Wii U? Honestly if the Wii U looked like that but bigger I think there wouldn't be any confusion.

Actually I can see it having a HDMI port, but not sure if it can carry DPII, can it?

I doubt they'd drop that if they left it in the Wii U. Could be half the height of the old Wii but it'll still have room. Like the latest PS2 it probably still won't add HDMI, but you never know.

edit: sorry I completely misread what you said.

Etzer

It looks great, at least from that angle.
I don't think I'll get a Wii U until it has a better library and I missed out on a lot of Wii games... For the right price, this thing is mine.

Looks beautiful. Reminds me of the Raspberry Pi.
How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom