• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumour* Castlevania on Wii confirmation?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
you know, in some way each metroidvania--good as they may be--really do serve to remind me how criminally few metroid games are made.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Y2Kev said:
It's definitely coming. IGA has been less than coy about it in his reviews. I think it's 2D (and maybe even WiiWare) and the 360/PS3 version is 3d.
If it's 2D I hope it's not WiiWare. :(

joesmokey

Cow Mengde said:
Imagine the surprise and horror if it turns out to be false; or that it's Castlavnia Babiez where you try to raise cute little baby creatures you caught from the DS game.
:lol Well that would probably sell better in Japan than a real Castlevania!

tabsina

Cow Mengde said:
Imagine the surprise and horror if it turns out to be false; or that it's Castlavnia Babiez where you try to raise cute little baby creatures you caught from the DS game.

hahaha.. and theres your wii/ds connectivity too

Ranger X

Cow Mengde said:
I don't deny that they have multiple teams, but do you honestly think they'll use their best on a Wii game?

Of course not! :lol :lol
Guess why my last sentence in that post you quoted.

dabookerman said:
2D, gamecube controller, no waggle, no wiipping controls, Ayami Kojima art, a Cross pendant with every game, and a bonus disc with every castlevania game please.
Damn, that was almost a possibility until the whole "disk with every game on it" part, haha.
That would be the greatest thing ever though...i would buy it for $150

Dascu

I'd rather have a good 3D game (with stylized graphics, perhaps like the ones in the recent OoE trailer, and pointer whip), than another 2D game, except if such a 2D game would feature completly new hi(gher)-res sprites. Otherwise, I see no point in having it on a console.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 2.5D affair like Rondo PSP, though I would be a bit disappointed. The 2.5D graphics look nice, but pure 2D sprites, even if they are re-used, are so much better.

pulga

Banned
lyre said:
Isn't that a bit redundant?

fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

abstract alien said:
Damn, that was almost a possibility until the whole "disk with every game on it" part, haha.
That would be the greatest thing ever though...i would buy it for $150
With every 2D game on it.

Very possible is that.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
lol.. I was wondering why this huge influx of hits was coming to the store from gaf and **********. guess this explains it. :)

jarrod

Banned
Ranger X said:
He asked if Konami had multiple teams. The answer is yes. It's not Kojima who develloped the last Castlevania!
Oh, Konami does... but Iga doesn't. At least not since the KCETyo shut down.

DXC was outsourced for example and only one person from Iga's team was working on it. I kinda expect it'll be the same for CV Wii and (if it exists) CV PS360.

Ranger X

jarrod said:
Oh, Konami does... but Iga doesn't. At least not since the KCETyo shut down.

DXC was outsourced for example and only one person from Iga's team was working on it. I kinda expect it'll be the same for CV Wii and (if it exists) CV PS360.

Probably. Anyhow, the only thing i hope is that new Casltevania or remake to be good. I'm still waiting to play a truly good 3D Castlevania. :(

jarrod

Banned
Ranger X said:
Probably. Anyhow, the only thing i hope is that new Casltevania or remake to be good. I'm still waiting to play a truly good 3D Castlevania. :(
Outsourcing *could* be good remember though, especially if they go the Actionvania route again. Imagine if they got the TOSE team that co-developed UGNG on it? Or (dare to dream) Vanillaware? Or Treasure Video Games!!!!1!

Castlevania Shake plz!

Dascu

jarrod said:
Outsourcing *could* be good remember though, especially if they go the Actionvania route again. Imagine if they got the TOSE team that co-developed UGNG on it? Or (dare to dream) Vanillaware? Or Treasure Video Games!!!!1!

Castlevania Shake plz!

The answer is staring Konami right in the face: WAYFORWARD STUDIOS.

TreIII

Dascu said:
The answer is staring Konami right in the face: WAYFORWARD STUDIOS.

THANK YOU.

I love Treasure, but I think WayForward is probably the one development team who possibly has potential to be just as awesome 2D sprite wizards as they are, if not possibly more.

A Castlevania handled by these guys would be godly, utilize all new sprites, and quite possibly be the game that a lot of us have been waiting to see for a while now. Just like it was with Contra 4... :D

DO IT, KONAMI. You know these guys did the damn thang with Contra 4. Let them work their magic once again....and then give them the funding necessary to make their Shantae sequels a thing of reality!

Dascu

TunaLover said:
We don´t learn a lesson from Soul Calibur Legends? -___-u
You know, I'd rather have them try and fail, than not try at all. The Wiimote offers some serious game control innovations, so yes, I would be a bit disappointed if it's "just" a 2D game or a 3D game with a normal control input (unless the 2D is totally freaking beautiful).

[Nintex]

TunaLover said:
Scamco should've just ported SCIII with some extras(Link+Ganondorf) it would've sold truckloads. Soul Calibur Legends is a disgrace to the series, although I'm not sure what to expect form SCIV :p

A castlevania 2.5D for the Wii would be great, but I'm affraid they might try the 3D route once again.

TunaLover said:

Look if they do it right, it'll be sweet. Just like how every game that gets the controls right gets a boost in their enjoyment.

TunaLover

Dascu said:
You know, I'd rather have them try and fail, than not try at all. The Wiimote offers some serious game control innovations, so yes, I would be a bit disappointed if it's "just" a 2D game or a 3D game with a normal control input (unless the 2D is totally freaking beautiful).

Sure thing, just I´m little afraid that Castlewiinia finish being so tiresome and unplayable like SCL, hopefully Iga is not fan of whipping by waggle, but a good Wiimote/nunchuck implementation is always possible, I´m all for it, Iga right now is figuring out the best option.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
abstract alien said:
That would be the greatest thing ever though...i would buy it at a high price

Fixed

jarrod

Banned
TunaLover said:
From what I've been told it's not the combat engine and interface that's the problem with SCL... it's everything else. :/

TreIII said:
THANK YOU.

I love Treasure, but I think WayForward is probably the one development team who possibly has potential to be just as awesome 2D sprite wizards as they are, if not possibly more.

A Castlevania handled by these guys would be godly, utilize all new sprites, and quite possibly be the game that a lot of us have been waiting to see for a while now. Just like it was with Contra 4... :D

DO IT, KONAMI. You know these guys did the damn thang with Contra 4. Let them work their magic once again....and then give them the funding necessary to make their Shantae sequels a thing of reality!
I dunno... Contra 4 versus Gradius V, it's a real toss up imo.

In the end I think I'd take TREASURE 2.5D though... imagine the bosses!!

borghe

Well guys' FWIW I have been contacted by both Konami AND Tokyopop asking me to remove the key selling points from the Castlevania manga listing. Don't know exactly what it means, and was just told "the information was not meant to be released to the general public" (which is BS because it is in the actual previews as well).

Dascu

jarrod said:
I dunno... Contra 4 versus Gradius V, it's a real toss up imo.

In the end I think I'd take TREASURE 2.5D though... imagine the bosses!!
Shit, you've got a point there.

fresquito

TunaLover said:
The problem with SCL wasn't the less than refined controls. The problem was the game is a big pile of crap in every way. It's the worst Wii game I've played.

Dascu

fresquito said:
The problem with SCL wasn't the less than refined controls. The problem was the game is a big pile of crap in every way. It's the worst Wii game I've played.
"Dream Team". :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
borghe said:
Well guys' FWIW I have been contacted by both Konami AND Tokyopop asking me to remove the key selling points from the Castlevania manga listing. Don't know exactly what it means, and was just told "the information was not meant to be released to the general public" (which is BS because it is in the actual previews as well).

What a pack of fucking jokers. Here's a hint, Konami: Tell your doorknob marketing guys not to cross-promote or sell brand synergy if you don't want it made public that you are working on products to have synergy with.

That's dumber than SEGA trying to shut down the Sonic Unleashed leaks. :lol

borghe

to clarify what happened on our end, we have a vendor provided data file each month that we use to upload that month's listings. Everything you see on the page under the picture and pricing availability section is in the description field. So this wasn't some super secret area that I wasn't supposed to uploaded or leaked to the customers... at least if it was then someone at tokyopop and/or konami screwed up and included it in the file to Diamond. Again, I don't know the validity of it and didn't even notice the listing until I saw our traffic double over the last couple of days. Just wanted to assure you there was no shenanigans here on our part and that it's been removed at the request of the companies.

Top Bottom