• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: FFVII Remake not in full production yet, hints that it might be next-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valonquar

Square Enix: Look forward to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We've just started work on it! You can expect it in a couple of years or so.

Square Enix: Look forward to a self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We're still working on it. You can expect it in a few years time.

Square Enix: Look forward to this self-contained concept art for the first self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. We haven't really started work on it yet, though. You can expect it in a decade, perhaps.

2018:

Square Enix: Look forward to this slightly adjusted official logo for the first self-contained third of the first self-contained episode of the Final Fantasy 7 remake. We're coming close to working out how we might wish to design the first level. You can expect it on the next console generation, although that in itself might be ambitious.

Square Enix: Look forward to this rebranded title, now officially FFXVI, with new characters, story. We were able to save a few monster models from the previous builds at least.

-Horizon-

Final Fantasy 7 Remake...VERSUS

Now for PS5
jk actually PS6

Regardless of what the writer says, I actually do think we're not gonna see it this gen.

Mediking

And the people who dont read just keep going, its actually quite sad.

I feel like we have to sticky the "baseless speculation of the author" part into the thread title for people to think

Don't get that mad. When you do seriously foresee Part 1 releasing? You seriously think it's gonna release next year??? No way. We're looking at 2019 and beyond.

Why is this humongous approach to the remake the way Square wants to go? They've mentioned an FFVI remake quite a few times as well. We're never going to get to that at this rate

Instead of taking a decade to make a game people will play once and be done with, how about you scale down and put out games on a regular sensible schedule?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nah, I read it but I feel this is just going to be another versus for sure.

Of course you would. Having it take a while to release isn't even in the same stratosphere as what development hell Versus went through, in most cases it wasn't even worked on for the time after it was announced to its cancellation.

Don't get that mad. When you do seriously foresee Part 1 releasing? You seriously think it's gonna release next year??? No way. We're looking at 2019 and beyond.

Who knows, but what i do know is that people are taking baseless speculation about "the game not even barely having started" and running with it for funsies.

You can tell very easily whos reading the "article"and whos just reading the thread title.
72d78744d2e57be815075dafca44f49b95f0f2eae1ef8ed0d56ecb748acfdf44.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
The threat title is a bit inflammatory. I hate how easy it is to label something as a rumor.

There's no actual facts to back it up, just a single person's interpretation of someone saying something a bit vague.

That being said, if it isn't in full production, there is clearly a legitimate and worrying problem at Square Enix.

TrojanAg

Pretty sure this won't be coming this gen. Even if the first episode did come out in a couple of years, you'd have the following episodes overlap into next-gen.

Also, FFvs13 had gameplay footage leaked running on PS3 and that didn't stop that game from being delayed for years.

The versus 13 kerfuffle. A lot of people who care a lot about FF15 got super pissed off and bitter because other pissed off and bitter people who wanted Versus 13 as it was originally conceptualized trashed 15 early on as "Not nomura's vision"(including myself to some degree), so they are looking for revenge.
How about people who get hyped over his projects only to suffer through a long wait?

There is no hidden agenda here, lol. It is genuine frustration and it is getting embarrassing by now. He has become a parody.

Talking solely about FFXV, it was announced in 2013 and released in 2016. Is FFVII releasing in 2017?

JaseMath

All these "fuck Square" comments are ridiculous, there's nothing to be angry about.

Uh...I never said "fuck Square." I'm shaking my head because this is secretly what everyone expected. And there's still a lot of money to be squeezed out of FFXV given the sales numbers.

The article really isn't that much more promising especially taking into account the last 10-15 years of SE's history.

The point of the article is that it's completely baseless. Regardless of SE's track history, it's too early to pretend like it's not coming this generation. Save the whining for when they start delaying it.

Spaghetti

I know it's easy to rag on Final Fantasy/Square Enix for announcing too early, but the writer is making a severe leap of logic from those comments, woof. I'm continually amazed anybody who calls themselves a "journalist" is allowed to write this kind of trash and get paid for it too.

RK128

I was going to write a news post about this rumor but after reading the article and seeing comments, can't believe they would make a dumb post like that.

We know Square Enix takes ages to develop games but come on, it won't take decades for this to release.

Likely bet:
FFVII Ep. I Demo - Fall 2017 To Celebrate Anniversary (Bombing Mission) and releases alongside another KH3 Demo (2.9)
FFVII Ep. I Release - Fall 2018: Long Development cycle (about 4 years) and base work done to ensure sequels take less time to develop.
FFVII Ep. II Release - Spring/Fall 2019
FFVII Ep. III Release - Spring/Fall 2020

Uh...I never said "fuck Square." I'm shaking my head because this is secretly what everyone expected. And there's still a lot of money to be squeezed out of FFXV given the sales numbers.
It's nonsense though, there is no news here. Final Fantasy 7 Remake may not be releasing soon but it is in full production.

Inuhanyou

The article really isn't that much more promising especially taking into account the last 10-15 years of SE's history.

The point is, regardless of what you want to say about SE's history, is that there is no actual rumor here or reason for this thread, there is no 'article' to begin with. Yet people still pour in to express how much they didn't figure that out.

Prototype

This was absolutely clear when they said they were still brushing up those opening scenes.

My guess is 2020 at the earliest.

I'd complain about this article being clickbait, but since 99 percent of the people in this thread didn't read it, the CTR is probably pretty low.

Byvar

By the way, guys, while Siliconera's translation does mention that Kitase makes a comment about the next generation of consoles, the original Japanese interview does not mention this at all, Kitase merely says that they will keep upgrading the quality for subsequent episodes so that this quality is suitable for the timeframe the episode is released in. Google Translate transforms this into "the next generation" for whatever reason, and Siliconera makes that "the next generation [of consoles]"... lol.

There are no hints that any of the releases will be next-gen.
He says he thinks it would be nice if they had something playable. They aren't planning a goddamn thing. It reads like wishful thinking.
Oh come on. The fact that he thinks about it means that it is possible, which in turn means that it is far enough into production for that to be possible.

kennyamr

Wow this literally means nothing

Edit:

Those quotes happened several days ago.

and besides,

I'm expecting the PS5 to release during the holidays of 2019.

Part 1 of FF7Re will probably be around the holidays of 2018.

If we allow a year and a half between parts. then we would have Part 2 in early 2020 and Part 3 during the holidays of 2021.

A simple calculation would clearly show that at least part 2 and 3 will be made for both the PS5 and the PS4.

Shocking news.

Reading the article, it would be more accurate to say, "FF7R may take so long to release, its later episodes might land on a next-gen system." The part about how separated they will be (a few months apart for each is basically out of the question) is also interesting. I wonder how far apart they are expecting that to actually be.....

The point of the article is that it's completely baseless. Regardless of SE's track history, it's too early to pretend like it's not coming this generation. Save the whining for when they start delaying it.

Not saying it isn't coming out this gen but the fact that they are talking about polishing trailers from two years ago should raise red flags all over the place. It's impossible to ignore their history when reading shit like that too.

Inuhanyou

How about people who get hyped over his projects only to suffer through a long wait?

There is no hidden agenda here, lol. It is genuine frustration and it is getting embarrassing by now. He has become a parody.

Talking solely about FFXV, it was announced in 2013 and released in 2016. Is FFVII releasing in 2017?

I can tell you we'd still be waiting for FF15 if the higher ups didn't force Tabata to throw out a half finished product.

I'd rather them have let him finish working on it TBH.

Games this length and scope take time to make, there's no way around it.

Mediking

I was going to write a news post about this rumor but after reading the article and seeing comments, can't believe they would make a dumb post like that.

We know Square Enix takes ages to develop games but come on, it won't take decades for this to release.

Likely bet:
FFVII Ep. I Demo - Fall 2017 To Celebrate Anniversary (Bombing Mission) and releases alongside another KH3 Demo (2.9)
FFVII Ep. I Release - Fall 2018: Long Development cycle (about 4 years) and base work done to ensure sequels take less time to develop.
FFVII Ep. II Release - Spring/Fall 2019
FFVII Ep. III Release - Spring/Fall 2020

Way too optimistic that its unrealistic.

Sorry but I wished it was true.

Kaiken

Banned
These Final Fantasy threads are depressing. Not because any of the facts but because of the needless stretching of misinformation.

Do your thing Devs. Don't give in to the loonies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom