• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: FFVII Remake not in full production yet, hints that it might be next-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
It sounds like they're working on putting the scene from the trailer into the actual game. Saying its not in production based on that statement is quite a stretch.

Calm Mind

sqBD4BH.gif

So... what was this then?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

cordy

Banned
FFVII Remake is the new FFXV.

Watch it come out and Genesis will be a main party member or some shit lmao.

jk guys relax we good lol

Square enix please stop annoucing games that aren't close to ready yet.... I can't believe we might have to wait another 10 years again for a new FF game

Kitase's quote is getting lost in translation here. Got to be.
UE4, plus heavy lifting by CC2, plus Nomura saying they have been working on it since before the FFVII PS4 port troll, and Kitase saying the base for the battle system has been solidified by Nomura & Takahashi all certainly sounds like actual full development is going down.

VG247 looking for click-bait?

Now, if somehow all of the above still accounts for them truly not starting "full" production of VIIR, especially after the hell that was the VsXIII/XV production, I don't even know what to say.
Until this becomes more clear, I simply have to believe Kitase's quote about the 'announcement trailer' is being confused or misinterpreted.

All these "fuck Square" comments are ridiculous, there's nothing to be angry about.
I don't know, I'm pretty angry that Square continues to announce these games way before they're in any respectable, playable state. It also doesn't help that they always present the games as working Alpha code when it's not even in full production.

It happened with FFXIII Versus and it's happened again here. It's pretty fucking ridiculous.

That extrapolation from the quote is a bit of stretch...

Didn't they have gameplay in the trailer last time?

Kitase also says he'd like to have it playable at an event this year. No idea what the author of the article is on about.

idont get where this nomura hate is coming from how it even started

Nomura was taken off as Director of FFXV and the game was basically dormant for 6+ years. People use that to dump 100% blame onto him. That, and KH3 not being out yet.

Here I was thinking a demo would launch with Nier lol. Oh well, hopefully Part 1 and TLOU2 Remastered dont release too close to each other.

Can the thread title be changed to something along the lines of person interprets FFVIIR quote and makes a rumor.

I really hope kitase misspoke or was unclear. I doubt PR would let him basically say hey yeah that thing we've been working on for almost two years? We actually really weren't..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand how Square Enix can have such an inefficient and terrible production system. It seems to only get worse and worse.

There's clearly something wrong with the way they make Final Fantasy games now. Every mainline FF since 12 has had an obviously fucked up development cycle. They should really fix that.

I just don't understand how Square Enix can have such an inefficient and terrible production system. It seems to only get worse and worse.

Edit beaten!

Zimmy64

mshckd.gif

God Damn it Square Enix, I thought we you were done with this kind of stuff. There's no way they can somehow alter this enough to make it Final Fantasy XVI is there.

Can the thread title be changed to something along the lines of person interprets FFVIIR quote and makes a rumor.

I really hope kitase misspoke or was unclear. I doubt PR would let him basically say hey yeah that thing we've been working on for almost two years? We actually really weren't..
This is not the first time we heard such vague ass quotes from the devs of FFVII.

Nose Master

Article is purposely misleading for clicks. The last bolded part clearly says partway through the episodes.

That said, yeah. This game won't be out for a while, even episode 1.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
idont get where this nomura hate is coming from how it even started

The versus 13 kerfuffle. A lot of people who care a lot about FF15 got super pissed off and bitter because other pissed off and bitter people who wanted Versus 13 as it was originally conceptualized trashed 15 early on as "Not nomura's vision"(including myself to some degree), so they are looking for revenge.

SpaceWolf

Banned

Square Enix: Look forward to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We've just started work on it! You can expect it in a couple of years or so.

Square Enix: Look forward to a self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We're still working on it. You can expect it in a few years time.

Square Enix: Look forward to this self-contained concept art for the first self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. We haven't really started work on it yet, though. You can expect it in a decade, perhaps.

2018:

Square Enix: Look forward to this slightly adjusted official logo for the first self-contained third of the first self-contained episode of the Final Fantasy 7 remake. We're coming close to working out how we might wish to design the first level. You can expect it on the next console generation, although that in itself might be ambitious.

gosoxtim

Nomura was taken off as Director of FFXV and the game was basically dormant for 6+ years. People use that to dump 100% blame onto him. That, and KH3 not being out yet.
why him baing taken wasnt his idea as for kh3 we know it ocming but he like to take his time and show stuff when it ready plus i think it will ocme of marh of 2018

mortal

Gold Member
I don't even fucking want a FFVII remake. I'd much rather be looking forward to FFXVI onward.

Whatever...

Sephzilla

Square Enix: Look forward to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We've just started work on it! You can expect it in a couple of years or so.

Square Enix: Look forward to a self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake! We're still working on it. You can expect it in a few years time.

Square Enix: Look forward to this self-contained concept art for the first self-contained part of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake. We haven't really started work on it yet, though. You can expect it in a decade, perhaps.

2018:

Square Enix: Look forward to this slightly adjusted official logo for the first self-contained third of the first self-contained episode of the Final Fantasy 7 remake. We're coming close to working out how we might wish to design the first level. You can expect it on the next console generation, although that in itself might be ambitious.

Good lord, SquareEnix works in anti-time.

JordanN

Banned
Sony needs to intervene if the remake doesn't hit PS4. The system needs all the Japanese games they can get.

PS5 could be so far away and there's no telling if Japan will support it in the beginning.

The True Final Fantasy is the torturous wait between each game in the modern series. Waiting to see just how Squeenix is going to fuck this one up. Final Fantasy is no longer a game series, it has become a performance art piece.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
And the people who dont read just keep going, its actually quite sad.

I feel like we have to sticky the "baseless speculation of the author" part into the thread title for people to think

Galang

Banned
I dislike the idea of them splitting the games into separate generations. May as well release them all on PS5 then.

timberger

Nah, don't think that's what they were getting at... especially considering they've already shown some in game footage from the earliest stages of the game, it's not being made on any of SE's clusterfuck proprietary engines, and the bulk of the development is being handled by CC2, a dev who has historically proven far more reliable than any of SE's in house Japanese teams.

I'm fully expecting the first part of the remake to release within the next year... unfortunately, I'm also fully expecting that it'll only cover the story up until you leave Midgar.

I don't doubt that next gen there'll be a "complete edition" port of the eps or some shit of course... assuming there is any kind of measurable "next gen" to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom