• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Malice215

Of course Injustice 2 was coming with how well the first one did. Hopefully the lessons learned from MKX leads to a better product with 0 issues. Still staying away from the PC port like the plague.

I figured an announcement was coming soon. Hope it's true. Would prefer the game a bit earlier than one year from now, though. Hah.

I'm hoping for improved costume designs and faces, the latter of which I'm not really worried about, as Mortal Kombat X was a huge improvement over their previous games. I want more classic costume designs for the DC characters, instead of these tech armor things.

As for new characters...well, Supergirl/Power Girl, Blue Beetle, Katana, Deadshot, Static, Darkseid...you know, those last two are in the mobile game, but never made it to the main game. Heh.

Son Of D

Hell, I'm honestly surprised there's even a PC version at all. After all the shit they got for Arkham Knight and MKX, I wouldn't have been surprised to see WB move away from PC entirely.

- Spend as little as possible outsourcing a PC Port.
- Hope to get sales from those who don't follow the news and blind buy it.
- ???
- Mild profit

Most likely they can't announce anything. I would expect a late port.

Nah, it'll probably be day 1. But next to no DLC support like the first game on Wii U.

Neoxon

Most likely they can't announce anything. I would expect a late port.
This. Even though WB Games has been dicey about giving Nintendo platforms DLC (until recently with Lego Avengers), they've usually been there for Nintendo at the launch of their platforms. Granted, they may have been soured after the Wii U, but they may give the NX Platform a shot come March.

NEO0MJ

"PC". Would be good to see how that turns out if it's true, especially if it involves either High Voltage or Iron Galaxy

What's funny about Iron Galaxy is that their PC port of Killer Instinct is amazing, probably the best performance among X1 games that were later released on PC. Helps that they're the ones who were working on the game since season 2.

Neoxon

I figured an announcement was coming soon. Hope it's true. Would prefer the game a bit earlier than one year from now, though. Hah.

I'm hoping for improved costume designs and faces, the latter of which I'm not really worried about, as Mortal Kombat X was a huge improvement over their previous games. I want more classic costume designs for the DC characters, instead of these tech armor things.

As for new characters...well, Supergirl/Power Girl, Blue Beetle, Katana, Deadshot, Static, Darkseid...you know, those last two are in the mobile game, but never made it to the main game. Heh.
I knew about Darkseid in the mobile version, but Static?

*does quick Google search*

maxresdefault.jpg

Well holy shit.

ZangBa

I'll laugh if they give High Voltage Studios another chance at this PC port.

I'd like to see Darkseid, otherwise I don't care about the roster that much. Netcode better be on point this time, but I'm sure that's hopeless.

Zubz

Banned
As for the Milestone characters, they've used Static in Young Justice, so there may not be a problem.

Yeah; I just rewatched it, and Icon & Rocket were relatively big parts of S2, as well. I just remember there was something up with the rights there, and that was used as a reason for why we didn't see Static the first time around.

Injustice 2 may be happening, but the quoted source isn't reliable (I think it's not the first time this is pointed out here).

Eh. The source may not be reliable, but support for MKX is slowing down, Injustice did really well, and a DC Fighting Game would double as a great way to advertise for the Justice League movie. Even if the source came up with this info out of thin air, I genuinely expect Injustice 2 in 2017. The PC release might be shaky, but I can see DC/NRS being bullheaded enough to try to release another game on the platform to the same results as before. Either way, I definitely expect console releases (Injustice was one of the few 3rd party games on the Wii U, even if it took a hit due to DLC support being announced late, and support for it was dropped like MKX's was on PC. I wonder if NRS will take a chance on the NX)?

Can't wait for people who didn't learn the first time to buy the PC version again. Warner deserves no PC money until they can prove they aren't gonna fuck people over again.

Nev

Banned
So we're getting another Injustice and MvC is dead. The world truly isn't fair.

?

Are you implying that Injustice is a product of a lesser quality than Marvel vs. Capcom or something? Is it because you prefer the latter? Because I'd rather play Injustice for 50 hours straight than three matches of MvC3 and apparently a lot of people too.

Makes sense for Injustice to have a sequel since it was one of the most successful new fighting IPs, sold a lot and the studio behind it have broken records with their latest fighting game. Too bad Capcom decided to release an early version of a F2P game as a full-priced game for their biggest fighting franchise and potentially killed any hopes for other fighting games from them in the near future :(

You should be mad at them, not the games that had the success you wished for your favorite games.

Neoxon

Won't this effectively kill MKX in the competitive scene like what happened with MK9 when the first Injustice game dropped?

Won't this effectively kill MKX in the competitive scene like what happened with MK9 when the first Injustice game dropped?

it's a year from now. If WB is killing their game with another one of their own games, and keeping that player base in their camp, I think they're okay with that.

Is there more to the Injustice story to tell?

The heroes of the universe of the good Superman are called again once more to fight off a tyrant Superman. The DC Cinematic Universe Superman.

I hope the nicer animation of MKX weren't just a fluke and the next Injustice animations look smoother.

I gave a pass to MK9 because I thought it was just a call back to the old 2D MK games, but Injustice characters animated sooooo horribly.

Gbraga

Injustice is really really good. Can't wait for that.

Hopefully this time they don't destroy my interest in playing it by releasing a new patch every week.

FLD

- Spend as little as possible outsourcing a PC Port.
- Hope to get sales from those who don't follow the news and blind buy it.
- ???
- Mild profit

That might've been a viable strategy in the past but we have Steam refunds now. It backfired on them pretty hardcore with Arkham Knight. They'd have to be massive morons to try it again.

That might've been a viable strategy in the past but we have Steam refunds now. It backfired on them pretty hardcore with Arkham Knight. They'd have to be massive morons to try it again.

Hell, they would've really felt the sting if the new refund system went live just a few months earlier.

impact

Banned
Why do Warner Bros even bother with PC? It makes no fucking sense to release shit port after shit port with no DLC support.

Also Injustice was terrible anyway unless you're a superhero nut, I don't know why Boon and co aren't doing another Shaolin Monks or something actually good. I guess Injustice must have sold a fuckton.

Should just say fuck these lame superheroes and make the horror icons fighting game. They already got movesets for some dudes.

Zubz

Banned
Not shocked, hope Zatanna and Batgirl are in the stock cast and no more gimmick DLC characters.

Do you mean guest characters like Scorpion? Because again, the 4 in MKX did really well to my knowledge. I'm expecting a lot more this time around. So honestly, I'm just going to embrace it and hope for the best.

Why do Warner Bros even bother with PC? It makes no fucking sense to release shit port after shit port with no DLC support.

Also Injustice was terrible anyway unless you're a superhero nut, I don't know why Boon and co aren't doing another Shaolin Monks or something actually good. I guess Injustice must have sold a fuckton.

Because Injustice sold a shit load and helped push WB's existing IPs. It's not rocket science.

The first game covers the events of the "year 1" comics, there have since been years 2, 3 and 4 all of which were prequels covering how Superman conquers the Earth.
Technically, the game has one scene at the start from "Year One" of the comics. The game itself would be "Year Six" if anything.

Neoxon

MKX's competitive scene is already drying up.

Oh right, then bring on Injustice 2 (though I fear that it'll face the same fate after a year). Then again, it kinda demonstrates the trend that NRS games seem to be more popular with the casuals.

Gbraga

Should just say fuck these lame superheroes and make the horror icons fighting game. They already got movesets for some dudes.

I really disagree. I don't like NRS and don't really care that much about super hero stuff, and I thought the game was great.

Shaolin Monks 2 would be godlike though, I agree.

Flowmoney

Static better be in this game or no buy. You can see Batman and Superman stuff all the time and they still might take most of the roster.

Ryce

What sucks is that a bunch of characters from the first game aren't going to appear in this. NRS games typically launch with about 20 characters or so, and the inclusion of newcomers means the dismissal of some veteran fighters. Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, and Bane are definitely gone. Hawkgirl and Ares aren't safe, either.

VariantX

Basically. All the money and support will go towards the new game. It's as if injustice were a direct sequel to MK as far as the scene is concerned looking at what happened to MK9

ezekial45

Banned
WB Games really needs to get their act together when it comes to PC. Their treatment of their PC ports, and the audience as well, has been shameful. There was no reason for MKX and Arkham Knight to have been so awful. They were their biggest games and they deserved the best quality of support.

Compbros

And because I'm expecting guest characters after MKX, doesn't WB have easy access to Space Ghost, Jotaro, or Kenshiro?

There was news that NRS had been given permission to use Spawn for a limited time or something. Everyone thought it was for MKX but Injustice would make sense as well.

In regards to the PC version, buyer beware. Injustice and MKX were ported by High Voltage and they both had myriad of problems. WB seems to have wised up and stopped using them for ports but Arkham Knight was done by Iron galaxy I believe and still was horrendous. WB likes to find the cheapest studio to port their game instead of looking for someone with proven quality work or letting the developers do it themselves. The devs always get flak for allowing a shitty port of their game like they have a choice.

Top Bottom