• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

PSqueak

Banned
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that, but yeah. Now I'm a little bit annoyed about that staying a Conan-exclusive all over again. I know Injustice tried to be gritty, but I'm sure one or two joke costumes wouldn't have set everything off-kilter.

I don't think it was because of the grittines, i mean, there where Amecomic skins for some of the women in the game, so silly skins definitely existed.

I think it's more about who owns the rights to the Flaming C, im guessing WB didn't want to play ball with paying a licensing fee to add a joke skin only conan fans would understand.

You know what to do Netherrealm.

could-we-see-static-shock-in-dc-s-legends-of-tomorrow-static-shock-in-young-justice-796284.jpg

Speaking of Static, how faithful is the cartoon to the original comic? Wasn't the cartoon helmed by the actual creator?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They announced it back in 2014 so it's about time: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=808873&page=1

I don't see why people would be surprised at a PC version. Mortal Kombat X still sold 540K copies on PC despite the vast majority of that happening well after the disastrous launch.

Won't this effectively kill MKX in the competitive scene like what happened with MK9 when the first Injustice game dropped?
Mortal Kombat X shipped over 5 million copies. I don't think they care in the slightest.

Neoxon

The scene remains strong with consistent numbers until, and some times after, the new game is released. MK9 had 115 entrants 20 months after release for a major, the problem is that their previous entries had quite a few problems that jut made it easy to move on. It's also not up to NRS how long to support a game but WB and WB doesn't care as much about longetivity as maximizing profits (2 year cycles, dlc characters/skins, microtransactions, etc).

SonicFox plays a ton of games and always has: NRS, Skullgirls, DoA, UNiEL, and now SF. He didn't "move on", he picked up another game. Justin Wong doesn't "move on" from street fighter because he plays the new MK when it comes out.
So SonicFox is kinda like Wong in that he can juggle multiple games. That being said, the NRS games usually don't reach the heights of, say, Capcom's fighting games in the competitive scene.

Compbros

So SonicFox is kinda like Wong in that he can juggle multiple games. That being said, the NRS games usually don't reach the heights of, say, Capcom's fighting games in the competitive scene.

What does? Smash is the closest but NRS is usually behind those two barring a new-ish game. Hell, mk9 beat KI in entrant numbers after Injustice was already out for one tournament.

Neoxon

What does? Smash is the closest but NRS is usually behind those two barring a new-ish game. Hell, mk9 beat KI in entrant numbers after Injustice was already out for one tournament.
Fair enough. Though Smash aside, doesn't Tekken come close when a new entry first comes out?

Compbros

Fair enough. Though Smash aside, doesn't Tekken come close when a new entry first comes out?

As I said, barring a new-ish game. Any big profile fightergets a big bump when the game is first released. KoFXIV will be beating tekken, ki, and NRS for at least a few months and then the numbers will likely start to fall behind them. The first evo is always massive as well as the majors surrounding it but soon it stops getting triple digit entrants at regionals, then majors. It's how it always goes.

NRS has this stigma because Capcom people play it for a few months then drop it and it's second evo has a big dropoff as less casuals are playing it so as the numbers dwindle people see it as "dead" even though they consistently have 100~ people at majors and/or are in the top 4 entered games.

Maximilian has repeatedly said on his stream that the sequel was coming for almost a whole year. He supposedly talked with someone from NRS about it a year ago.

delSai

WB should just have their own E3 conference, they have enough stuff to show.

I just hope they change the god AWFUL Batman design.

Seriously, what is this?!

Yeah... NRS definetly has to improve designs and graphics stuff for this game.
Especially Raven tho.

Khezu

WB should just have their own E3 conference, they have enough stuff to show.

Yeah... NRS definetly has to improve designs and graphics stuff for this game.
Especially Raven tho.

Raven seems like a character that won't return.
They need slots for new characters, and they aren't going to cut any of the mainline JL characters.

Zukkoyaki

Awesome!

I love Netherealm's games and DC! Keep them coming, Warner!

I'd honestly be shocked if this isn't real. They crank games out at a remarkable clip over there. Plus Warner Bros' release slate is barren at the moment and they're due for some announcements.

Maximilian has repeatedly said on his stream that the sequel was coming for almost a whole year. He supposedly talked with someone from NRS about it a year ago.
Well everybody knew its gonna happen. We dont need a insider to know the NRS cycle of MK games and Injustice are every other 2 years between them.

Especially since the DC Cinematic Universe in the movies and on TV gonna be more and more.

Also it was technically already inoffically announced by WB officials on a event to the audience.

vg260

Absolutely expected based on their dev cycles.

I'm probably going to be one of those "wait for the complete version" people this time.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I mean it lines up with their schedule of a game every two years, and they've done well by taking a break between MK games.

yencid

Should we look at the mobile games to see what characters might be coming over or do you guys think it will be different ones?

Khezu

I would be shocked if NRS did the PC version in house, but at the very least it probably won't be HVS again.

Still, I wouldn't buy it day 1, well with steam refunds I guess you can now.

Skab

I'm super interested in seeing what an Injustice 2 would be like after seeing how good of a job they did with MKX.

vg260

Out of all the reasonable possibilities of the PC version being busted I can 100% guarantee you it's not gonna be a Windows 10 exclusive.

Probably not in reality, yeah, but who's gonna trust them to buy a Steam version? If they could port the Xbox version with much less effort with the same code base and a combined player pool, why not consider it?

Is it really that crazy? They're in a horrible spot with PC gamers after MKX.

I'm mostly just curious who the first third party to release a Windows 10 version of a game will be.

yencid

Thinking about it i cant wait to see how things change up graphically from the first game to the new one. i loved the art direction of MKX, thought it was much better and coherent compared to the studios other games.

eizarus

Banned
As someone who's a casual (and not a very good one) at fighting games, I can't wait. I loved the first one (Batgirl was awesome).

Superman and Suicide Squad are the rumored games by Montreal, WB also has Mordor 2 so they might announce a few things.
heavybreathing.jpeg

Probably not in reality, yeah, but who's gonna trust them to buy a Steam version? If they could port the Xbox version with much less effort with the same code base and a combined player pool, why not consider it?

Is it really that crazy? They're in a horrible spot with PC gamers after MKX.

I'm mostly just curious who the first third party to release a Windows 10 version of a game will be.
It's honestly not a bad idea. No refunds is something they need, and since no large numbers of people will buy the PC version anyway a combined player pool is almost required. And Killer Instinct on Windows 10 is absurdly better than any previous Mortal Kombat PC release so it's not like the platform would hold them back.

Marvel

could never
Fuck yeah. It was confirmed anyway but good to hear about a reveal.

So I'll er... take that Kombat Pack 3 then Mr. Boon to keep me occupied until May 2017 :)

Parsnip

PC eh. Warn a brother.

Maybe they'll implement crossplatform shit between all 3 plats to keep all the communities alive.

Top Bottom