• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Some Nobody

Why do Warner Bros even bother with PC? It makes no fucking sense to release shit port after shit port with no DLC support.

Also Injustice was terrible anyway unless you're a superhero nut, I don't know why Boon and co aren't doing another Shaolin Monks or something actually good. I guess Injustice must have sold a fuckton.

Should just say fuck these lame superheroes and make the horror icons fighting game. They already got movesets for some dudes.

I want to be mad, but you already lost--NRS is making another Injustice game, so I'm good.

Injustice 2 may be happening, but the quoted source isn't reliable (I think it's not the first time this is pointed out here).

You don't need a reliable source for this. NRS has been releasing games like clockwork.

18-Volt

Wonder if it will hit handhelds again. The one on Vita was actually pretty fun.

Roster wishlist: Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Vibe, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Black Lighning (or his more popular sidekick) Captain Atom, Atom, Stargirl, Vixen, Icon, Commander Steel, Steel (Shaq), Question, Huntress, Deadman, Shining Knight, Dr Mid Nite and Hourman.

Yeah. One gigantic DC roster.

I could definitely se some DCTV characters getting in. Supergirl especially, maybe Black Canary. Would love to see Reverse Flash and Captain Cold. Firestorm would be a fun pick, too.

Deadshot will likely apear due to the Suicide Squad movie.

Outside of the TV properties, I'd like to see Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle playable. Maybe Damien Wayne as something other than
an alternate skin for NIghtwing
. Bringing in Beast Boy and Starfire to fill out the TV titans would be great.

Neoxon

Wonder if it will hit handhelds again. The one on Vita was actually pretty fun.

Roster wishlist: Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Guy Gardner, Vibe, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Hawkman, Captain Atom, Atom, Stargirl, Vixen, Icon, Commander Steel, Steel (Shaq), Question, Huntress, Deadman, Shining Knight, Dr Mid Nite and Hourman.

Yeah. One gigantic DC roster.
The Vita is pretty much dead, the 3DS is both underpowered & on its way out, & the NX Handheld probably won't be out until late next year (at best). I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I also don't see Static in your list, but to each their own.

delSai

You guys think they'll bring the MKX variation stuff to Injustice? I had the idea that each character had 3 versions, like Batman would have his normal version as well as Gaslight and Nightmare versions. Probably too much work tho, they would have to be completely different character models and have different voice acting.

Boke1879

True, & I suppose that MKX dropping in tournament entrant numbers like a rock does kinda justify NRS moving swiftly on.

Yea. MK or whatever NRS game they release seems to only do well for like a year or two as far as entrants in the competitive scene. So as you said it's justified plus their games just sell a shit ton.

KingBroly

Banned
MKX's competitive scene is already drying up.

Netherrealm has never really had a great competitive scene. They seem to be trying to push for it, but their DLC plans are kinda bad. Having an 8 month gap between DLC then release everything at once was really bad. You have to be consistent with releases to maintain interest.

Their 2 year cycle on fighting games doesn't help matters, either.

Neoxon

Yea. MK or whatever NRS game they release seems to only do well for like a year or two as far as entrants in the competitive scene. So as you said it's justified plus their games just sell a shit ton.
Agreed. As stated earlier, it kinda adds to the notion that NRS games are mainly popular with the casuals, while the competitive scene gives their games a fair shake for a year or two before moving on to another fighting game (like how SonicFox picked up Street Fighter V as of late). If they maintained a consistent DLC schedule as well as long-term support for their games (like, 5 or so years), maybe this could change.

TDLink

Since they already had the Arrow stuff in the first Injustice, I'd like to see them do that with more of the characters/use more of the characters now established in the CW's DC TV universe. Special skins with the actors for Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Flash, and Hawkgirl. Plus add The Atom, Vibe, Captain Cold, Supergirl, Firestorm, Reverse Flash, and Black Canary.

I feel it would make sense from a promotion standpoint for WB plus those are some pretty interesting characters to add anyways.

For characters that haven't been in the CWverse I'd like to see them add Static and Black Manta more than anyone else.

I would want the whole roster from the original game back as well, apart from possibly Scorpion. Who I don't think ever really fit. No new Batman characters need to be added at all, there are already a ton. Adding Supergirl would also basically count as adding a "Superman" character so that works out.

Can we get Watchmen characters? I would love to have Rorschach.

First game was cool though. Hope it's not another "cram all the other properties in as DLC" thing that MKX was.

NeoRaider

I liked first Injustice. But after MKX and both MK9 and Injustice disaster i am not sure if i am excited about this.

I actually doubt they are releasing it for PC.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It'll be interesting to see how IJ2's competitive scene pans out since it'll be the first NRS game to launch with solid netcode. I imagine people being able to legit practice online can only help matters.

Uraizen

Banned
That might've been a viable strategy in the past but we have Steam refunds now. It backfired on them pretty hardcore with Arkham Knight. They'd have to be massive morons to try it again.

That's a problem in itself because even if it's a competent port they could drop support completely later on like they did with MKX. PC is now stuck with shit netcode, no kombat pack 2, and no balance changes. In other words... warnabrotha and don't let them buy the PC version at the very least.

ezekial45

Banned
If we're posting desired characters, here's who I want in the game (not including any returning characters).

Static
Doctor Fate
Mr. Terrific
Superboy-Prime Or just regular Superboy
Robin (Damien Wayne)
Red Robin
Metallo
Darkseid
Red Hood
Orion
Cyborg Superman
Toyman

Neoxon

It'll be interesting to see how IJ2's competitive scene pans out since it'll be the first NRS game to launch with solid netcode. I imagine people being able to legit practice online can only help matters.
True, but NRS also has to look at how they handle long-term support for the game if they want Injustice 2 to last in the FGC.

Compbros

Won't this effectively kill MKX in the competitive scene like what happened with MK9 when the first Injustice game dropped?

MK9 was still alive for a bit after Injustice but MK9 was riddled with problems (3d hurtboxes, p1 advantage, negative edge, etc) so the scene was happy to move on. Injustice just wasn't that good of a competitive game so it was easy to move on. MKX is still doing extremely well and barring some true nonsense should survive for a bit after their next game.

Honestly though, whenever the new game comes out the previous one tends to die: T6->TTT2, MvC2->MvC3, SFIV->SFV. It's the nature of the beast.

Drayco21

Can we get Watchmen characters? I would love to have Rorschach.

First game was cool though. Hope it's not another "cram all the other properties in as DLC" thing that MKX was.

If they were smart about their synergy, they would at least include Doctor Manhattan, to get in on that Rebirth hype.

Menitta

"No Scorpion" is very high on my wishlist, i hated to play against him.

Wasn't there an interview with someone where they were asked if Scorpion would be in the game and they said something like "Why would we put Scorpion in the game? That would be saying we don't have faith in the game."

Neoxon

MK9 was still alive for a bit after Injustice but MK9 was riddled with problems (3d hurtboxes, p1 advantage, negative edge, etc) so the scene was happy to move on. Injustice just wasn't that good of a competitive game so it was easy to move on. MKX is still doing extremely well and barring some true nonsense should survive for a bit after their next game.

Honestly though, whenever the new game comes out the previous one tends to die: T6->TTT2, MvC2->MvC3, SFIV->SFV. It's the nature of the beast.
You sure about that? MKX's numbers at CEO are pretty abysmal.

Since they already had the Arrow stuff in the first Injustice, I'd like to see them do that with more of the characters/use more of the characters now established in the CW's DC TV universe. Special skins with the actors for Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Flash, and Hawkgirl. Plus add The Atom, Vibe, Captain Cold, Supergirl, Firestorm, Reverse Flash, and Black Canary.

I feel it would make sense from a promotion standpoint for WB plus those are some pretty interesting characters to add anyways.

All my YES.

J-Tier

I hope everyone returns minus Scorpion.

As for new characters, I'd love Bizarro, Supergirl, Swamp Thing, Darkseid, Deadshot, Jason Todd Red Hood, Starfire and Two-Face.

Menitta

Let's see if WB learned anything from the Arkham Knight debacle.

It wouldn't surprise me if they just opted out of a PC version. Both MKX and Arkham Knight were shitshows. I hope they actually put effort into them instead, but it wouldn't be surprising if they don't.

36554509107249mx2hu80nec.jpg

Plz Boon.

Khezu

This is the thing I'm most hyped about.

I love that they bothered to fix MKX, but for me It was a little too late.

I'm very curious to see what Injustice 2 is going to be like, how much of MKX and Injustice 1 carries over, and how experimental they will be.

It wouldn't surprise me if they just opted out of a PC version. Both MKX and Arkham Knight were shitshows. I hope they actually put effort into them instead, but it wouldn't be surprising if they don't.

They were but they still sold a lot of copies. WB can make a lot of of money if it puts in some effort.

To those saying a NX may still exist but isn't included here because it hasn't been revealed yet...

This is a leak. Leaks don't wait until an official announcement. If the studio had NX hardware and a version of Injustice 2 was planned for that system, they would have leaked that to the source of this rumor as well.

Compbros

Agreed. As stated earlier, it kinda adds to the notion that NRS games are mainly popular with the casuals, while the competitive scene gives their games a fair shake for a year or two before moving on to another fighting game (like how SonicFox picked up Street Fighter V as of late). If they maintained a consistent DLC schedule as well as long-term support for their games (like, 5 or so years), maybe this could change.

The scene remains strong with consistent numbers until, and some times after, the new game is released. MK9 had 115 entrants 20 months after release for a major, the problem is that their previous entries had quite a few problems that jut made it easy to move on. It's also not up to NRS how long to support a game but WB and WB doesn't care as much about longetivity as maximizing profits (2 year cycles, dlc characters/skins, microtransactions, etc).

SonicFox plays a ton of games and always has: NRS, Skullgirls, DoA, UNiEL, and now SF. He didn't "move on", he picked up another game. Justin Wong doesn't "move on" from street fighter because he plays the new MK when it comes out.

Top Bottom