• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: L.A Noire Remaster Coming to Nintendo Switch says Rockstar Leaker (Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Rockstar: So guys, how much money are you willing to spend on a hot Switch exclusive from us?
Nintendo: Upwards of ten whole dollars.
Rockstar: Let's see what we can do.

pargonta

that conversation system was pretty dope on the surface. i loved hearing the "you're on the right track" tone increase in volume.

This or a followup would be a good "sit around in a group and say what you think i should choose next"

game isnt all that great tho

HeelPower

All these games getting ports on a switch could prove to be pretty amazing.

A console where you can replay good ports of classics on a fantastic handheld form would be sweet.

If...............Nintendo can pull it off.

Papacheeks

Banned
Wonder if they had to make this to keep rights to the IP after the whole team Bondi thing.

It's weird as, I think everyone would want a Red Dead Redemption remaster over this.
But then you have to wonder would a Red Dead Redemption remaster take away from sales of RED DEAD Redemption 2, or is this coming out in the summer to pump up Red Dead Redemption 2 with a demo that comes with LA NOIRE.

Or is this to get revenue as Red Dead 2 is being delayed till 2018?

Maybe because of the last 3 take two games haven't done well they need another easy stream of revenue before fall. That would make sense.

EDarkness

...and it would sell way better and make much more money - its like they dont wanna make money on the system.

Seriously.

I'd love to have Red Dead on the NS. I'd buy that again in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, I liked L.A. Noire, but GTA V or Red Dead would be better options for porting. Sometimes I just don't understand these companies. I hope that this isn't all and they have other NS games in the pipe that make a lot more sense.

Richie

the more the merrier 3rd party support for the switch, however i feel like mature rated games are doomed to fail. if i remember my history correctly, mature games have just never performed well on nintendo platforms, like at all,.

Let me tell you about this series named Resident Evil...

On-topic, that's a hell of curveball if true, but a lot more comprehensible if the multiplatform rumor turns true. Even so, in neither of those cases should they use this game as their barometer for support on Switch. I'm a firm believer that Skyrim is gonna sell decently or even better than so, by all means Rockstar should go ahead and port GTA to the console, there's no chance *that* doesn't sell amazingly.

Not if they want to sell them one in one card. Not to mention the cost of said big cards.
Besides, any smart publisher will try to keep filesizes small on the switch, not only due to the cost of printing said discs, but due to the console only having 32gb on board memory... (I know it can be expanded, but the cost per megabyte is much higher compared to harddrives).

All I'm saying is that nothing says they would "have to" do anything.

All these games getting ports on a switch could prove to be pretty amazing.

A console where you can replay good ports of classics on a fantastic handheld form would be sweet.

If...............Nintendo can pull it off.

It could have the opposite effect. One of the bjg revelations for me with Vita was that there were certain kinds of games that I did not want to play on a small handheld screen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People would like RDR, GTA V or Bully on Switch - they give us LA Noire lol.

Well...gotta start somewhere i guess. If it sells okayish the rest might follow.

Seriously.

I'd love to have Red Dead on the NS. I'd buy that again in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, I liked L.A. Noire, but GTA V or Red Dead would be better options for porting. Sometimes I just don't understand these companies. I hope that this isn't all and they have other NS games in the pipe that make a lot more sense.

This game could simply be easier to port. Or this entire rumor could just be BS.

Papacheeks

Banned
This makes 0 sense.

If you look at take 2's last couple releases it makes perfect sense.

They lost a lot of money with Mafia 3, Battleborne, and before that Evolve. GTA V makes them money for sure still, but they need something out that's an easy sell and easy to get out the door.

As Ninja Scooter added RRR code I guess was a mess, so that would take soem considerable time and effort to get working on Switch, among the other consoles.

LA NOIRE runs well on moderate hardware, so it might be something to hold people over until RRR 2 comes out, and helps ROCKSTAR gauge perception of switch sales.

I don't diseagree with you, but if they think that way, why not release LA Noire just for One and PS4.

I think they were approached by Nintendo, or approached them and want to see how well one of their older titles would sell without making a huge investment. That GTA on the 3DS/DS didn't do so well iirc.

Mr Swine

Banned
I'm sure Rockstar feels their fans are fine just playing on the current systems and see no audience on another system.

Come on now, they would be more than happy to sell GTA V on switch for $60 if it sold between 2-5 million. That is a lot of money to ignore

Aalvi

That game was garbage its one of the games I regret purchasing

-LA Noire
-AC Liberation for Vita
-PS All Stars for Vita

Ray Down

Banned
Come on now, they would be more than happy to sell GTA V on switch for $60 if it sold between 2-5 million. That is a lot of money to ignore
They clearly don't see the point or it would happen so no.
I'm sure Rockstar North is already working on GTA6 with a portion of the team just dedicated for working on Online content for there existing bases.

Realeza

Banned
Why do this instead of putting effort into something that will actually sell like GTAV? If it bombs, Rockstar will come to the silly conclusion their games don't have an audience there.

jmizzal

So its coming the same time as the other versions, thats good sign from Rockstar support, maybe after working on the hardware, they can put Red Dead Redemtion 2 and GTA V on Switch

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seriously.

Yup, i know a lot of people that would doubledip on RDR or GTA V on Switch...never heard anyone being interested in a LA Noire Remaster.

I'm sure Rockstar feels their fans are fine just playing on the current systems and see no audience on another system.

but there is an audience for LA Noire on other system ? Honestly this doesnt make much sense...GTA is a mainstream as it gets - that would be like EA developing NHL on Switch instead of Fifa....just a weird move.

If there is no interest why bother at all. They hadnt issues ignoring Nintendo consoles before - so it wouldnt be surprising.

It seems possible. It certainly isn't going to be exclusive.

The reception to the news is not that swell. It seems that LA Noire is quite average or forgettable?

Let me tell you about this series named Resident Evil...

On-topic, that's a hell of curveball if true, but a lot more comprehensible if the multiplatform rumor turns true. Even so, in neither of those cases should they use this game as their barometer for support on Switch. I'm a firm believer that Skyrim is gonna sell decently or even better than so, by all means Rockstar should go ahead and port GTA to the console, there's no chance *that* doesn't sell amazingly.

oh well i mean if i'm wrong, then i am wrong

In a sense releasing this remaster for all 3 consoles will give them a way to compare the Switch audience with the other consoles' audience. If it bombs because it's a bad game (according to GAF) that's fine, it'll bomb on all three platforms. But they can still make the comparison even at lower numbers.

EDarkness

Gauge audience/sequel interest.

That games doesn't seem to be as well received as their other games and what if it tanks on all systems? Does that mean that future games are off the table? I just think it's better to put their best foot forward to gauge interest.

Man, I really hate "test" games.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If you look at take 2's last couple releases it makes perfect sense.

They lost a lot of money with Mafia 3, Battleborne, and before that Evolve. GTA V makes them money for sure still, but they need something out that's an easy sell and easy to get out the door.

As Ninja Scooter added RRR code I guess was a mess, so that would take soem considerable time and effort to get working on Switch, among the other consoles.

LA NOIRE runs well on moderate hardware, so it might be something to hold people over until RRR 2 comes out, and helps ROCKSTAR gauge perception of switch sales.

I think they were approached by Nintendo, or approached them and want to see how well one of their older titles would sell without making a huge investment. That GTA on the 3DS/DS didn't do so well iirc.
The DS GTA game situation is weird, everyone and their mama said the game didn't do well but last I heard that game got to a million sales on the ds, and the sorta remake that had on pap wasent the one that lit the world on fire

Interfectum

If I had to guess they were in the process of remastering it for PS4 and Xbone and the timing was right to toss Switch in the mix as well.

A PS4/XBO game from Rockstar that is also coming to Switch sounds very promising for Nintendo, no matter what game. That said I'd rather have GTA or RDR tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom