• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Microsoft intends to launch the Xbox Series X before the PS5 by any means, even if the launch games are affected

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Rumour: Microsoft intends to launch the Xbox Series X before the PS5 by any means, even if the games are affected
Microsoft will try its best to release the Xbox Series X console before the PlayStation 5, even if for this it has to sacrifice the quality of a number of starting games. The team of Phil Spencer believes that an early start will allow her console to get an additional advantage in the eyes of customers, and this is important given that the manufacturer intends to win in the long run. The editorial board of GameMAG.ru received the corresponding insider information from an employee of a western company who was aware of Microsoft's plans and who wanted to remain anonymous.

Source: SkyerIst_pidaras

kretos

Banned
Sony and MS this year:

giphy.gif

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Either the Russian game journos are right, or the date will be determined by complex supply chains, coordinating with publishers, and the availability of ad buys that have to be planned months in advance.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its not like they are releasing the console with any next gen games anyway. all they need to do is make sure some cross gen ports are ready and launch.

the launch will be barebones regardless.

Dabaus

Banned
Assuming this is true its an extremely bold strategy with minimal payoff and huge risk. Microsoft already has a poor reputation when it comes to first party output, launching with questionable software, or no software, seems silly to me. I assume their marketing will tie in heavily with cyberpunk, but thats a multiplatform game. Asking 500 dollars to play a game already available for a platform you own seems questionable.

Yes because I want to pay 5-6 hundred dollars to play no games that take advantage on said 5-6 hundred dollars. I plan on getting both at launch but this makes me think waiting on the xsx won't be too bad of an idea not really giving us a reason to get it at launch (not a halo fan 🤷‍♂️)

"Thats a bold strategy cotton, let's see how that plays out for em"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'll stick with my prediction of November 6th.

NickFire

I don't doubt that MS wants to launch first or day of. Not even the slightest. But I'm not sold on them selling out game quality short for it, at least not yet. I really doubt they want bad game reviews. And I kind of doubt one or two weeks matters much as long as we are talking October or November. The first batch is going to pre-orders anyway for both sides I'm guessing.

kuncol02

Banned
To be fair, this did actually work last gen, for a little while. But that was a whole year head start, and the PS3 eventually caught up.
They would probably won whole generation if Don Mattrick wouldn't turn XBox into Kinect machine. Forcing Rare and Lionhead to make Kinect games instead of normal ones, loosing Bungie and Epic. Lots of stupid decisions in late generation.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Eh don't believe it. Price will be most important as both will be launching in the same quarter.

Top Bottom