• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're a gaming cesspool then what the fuck is reddit? Certain posts/posters might get dogpiled on but they don't get downvoted into oblivion so that dissenting opinions can be put out of sight. And outside of megathreads there aren't insular little sub communities that turn discussion into an echo chamber.

Unstable

bb5mpv5.png
RIP in peace GAF

giantsx6

Banned
The power gap is HUGE....we have said it before, signs started to appear way before this...X1 is NOT capable of handling FULL-HD games without huge compromises.

EDIT: Esram is not ideal to handle high textures @ 1080p it's just too small.
So the wii u can handle full hd games but x1 can't?

I think it was more shocking that an exclusive fighting game like Killer Instinct was running 720p x 60fps then Call of Duty.

it is not like KI is pushing the envelope either.

Tbh average consumers I know are aware of the 720p/1080p terminology. TVs are marketed like that in shops, so if word gets out it won't just be us lot who give a shit.

I'm not so sure about that, I have told people GTAV runs at 720p, then they point at their screen input and say, look it says 1080p... I then point at the back of the box... alot of people don't know what upscaling is.

This gen is the reverse of last gen this time ports will be a lot better on PS4 than Xbox. The gap will close later on this ten but for the first year at least the PS4 versions will be superior. The Xbox One hardware is a real mess based on everything we have seen and heard so far and Cboat has backed that up more than once.

To Xbox fans I say punish MS hot and heavy in this next year so they get the wake up call fast. Don't blindly defend them like Nintendo fans do with Iwata and Wii U and pretend everything is just fine.

I think it was more shocking that an exclusive fighting game like Killer Instinct was running 720p x 60fps then Call of Duty.

it is not like KI is pushing the envelope either.
It's got a lot of particles but apparently even those were downgraded recently, according to the KI thread.

Derrick01

Banned
So the wii u can handle full hd games but x1 can't?

Yeah because their games are stripped way down and not trying to compete with PS4. Textures, lighting and all that other tech stuff that goes into these modern games. XB1 can handle full HD too but it's going to look a hell of a lot worse than the PS4 version if they choose to go that route.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Call of Duty culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in BF4 where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Call of Duty, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the COD public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ghosts for the xbone, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

MS, publicly apologize and cancel 720p Ghosts for xbone or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Always good to see a classic.

ironcreed

Banned
Well the xbox being weaker and much harder to work on doesn't take developer incompetence into account which only makes the problem worse. If you think this is bad just wait until Bethesda releases their next game.

Can you imagine? The new Xbox having inferior Bethesda ports? It is seemingly true for COD, which is another game very closely tied to the brand. What a role reversal, one that may be even worse.

But I'll be honest, they have some fun looking launch games that interest me. Not paying $100 more for a weaker console with gimped multiplats, though. It can wait until a big price drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom