• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is indicative of the overall processing power available on the Xbone, this goes beyond CoD.

Yea I get that its just I don't know. Don't know what really to think about this honestly. I would hate to find out that MS is really struggling that much to match the quality of the PS4. I want them to succeed but at the end of the day I will just have to primarily play whichever console I prefer and if Sony can put out something that plays better and looks better then I guess there is no question which way I will lean. I think we should just wait at least a year to see if it is capable before condemning MS on their work.

legacyzero

Banned
I'd ask what condition their condition is in.

iKuNIfwga5tV5.gif

Similarly, the way things primarily sell is by word-of-mouth. Studies have been done on that forever. If this sort of consensus builds on such a major franchise being markedly inferior (even though it looks gross on PS4 too), or even if it's 720p across the board on next-gen, it's big news by gaming community standards.

It isn't just a major franchise either. As much as we all joke about Titanfall, it is still an unknown commodity where COD is a proven part of the success of the 360. Even more so than something like GTA, you would have to think it is responsible for a heck of a lot of the xbox live subscriptions around the world.

According to this rumour, Microsoft is really risking letting that slip. Power issues aside, rushed launch aside, Microsoft should be throwing everything at it to help it get as close to par as possible. The PS4 being the cheaper console with potentially the much better version of COD is big news leading up to the launch.

vctor182

If true then M$ really messed it up even more than Nintendo with the WiiU...

Didn't Ghosts was revealed in the Xbone reveal? lol

Console war has changed

It's not about developers, or video games.

It's an endless series of proxy flame wars about irrelevant details,
fought by internet fanboys and PR employees.

Console war, and its vast consumption of human time,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction from ad revenues.

Console war has changed.

Mountain Dew inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Console war has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from surveillance tools such as Kinect.

And he who controls the living room, controls history.

Console war has changed.

When the living room is under total control,

war becomes routine.

this is art. 10/10

Jomjom

Banned
Damn with all the people in denial over there, I'm guessing reddit is pretty pro Xbox huh? If they were to believed, all the major tv and monitor manufacturers would be going back to 720p screens.

~ZIO~

Neo Member
Give them some time, if they're going to debunk or confirm anything. I don't think it's fair to say anything of it only moments after the rumor was released.

I understand we're in the age of the internet, but extend the grace period, some.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm not so sure about that, I have told people GTAV runs at 720p, then they point at their screen input and say, look it says 1080p... I then point at the back of the box... alot of people don't know what upscaling is.
That is true, I too can attest I've seen that very same thing.

But. The power of word of mouth. It's what shit MS up in the first place after their E3 shambles.

GodofWine

I keep swearing this is gonna be something about the ps4 version...but IW tweeted its performance, but I still cant grasp it.

The real info here is the OS concerns, but that can be fixed and once it is, they should see better game performance moving forward...right?

StuBurns

Banned
This gen is the reverse of last gen this time ports will be a lot better on PS4 than Xbox. The gap will close later on this ten but for the first year at least the PS4 versions will be superior. The Xbox One hardware is a real mess based on everything we have seen and heard so far and Cboat has backed that up more than once.
If people really push it, the gap should widen if anything, right? GPGPU picking up some of the slack for the weak ass CPU on PS4, with nothing comparable available on XBO.

The average consumer doesn't buy expensive $400-$500 console's at launch with a small library. So I fail to see the point in even bringing them up

I agree. I didn't bring them up, it was people trying to make out this difference that didn't matter that brought them up, hence me pointing out that average consumers tended to go for the 360 version, which was technically better and on the cheaper hardware.

The 360 version of ghosts will outsell both next gen versions, no question.

Papacheeks

Banned
Honestly find this a little too hard to believe.

Already been confirmed that the console is running much better looking games than Ghosts at 1080p. Not to mention if Crytek is getting 900p on Ryse and Double Helix is managing 720p/60FPS on Killer Instinct then there's no excuse for Infinity Ward not being able to surpass the both of those in terms of resolution and performance.

Really, if this is true, I think it says that there's some kind of issue between Microsoft and Infinity Ward than there is an issue with the hardware.

I mean, there's no doubt the PS4 is a stronger and more capable piece of hardware, but to this degree? I just don't buy it. Just seems too far outside the realm of plausibility.

Honestly if one next gen system is capable of 1080p gaming, and 60 fps multiplayer gaming at 1080p, then there no excuse for the other company.

Especially since they have similar hardware. MS bet on the wrong horse, and like CBOAT leaked, rushed, yet again to production.

Don't undersell the so called "committee's" arrogance that created xbox one.

Well if you give a major shit about resolution and want to fuss over stuff, definitely pretty major news,....... it's news, it's mildly significant too and indicative of the power difference in the consoles - but "pretty major" - only to a very small, very very VERY vocal minority.

So do we have a ranking system for news now? So it's "mildly significant" but not "major". It's obviously major news or else people wouldn't be losing their shit over it. The reaction confirms it's significance ;)

MilkBeard

It's kind of hard to tell because the video quality of that particular video on IGN looks like ass, but the game does seem to be pretty current gen looking in design. It looks like the game is basically a current gen game with a higher resolution. The animations look kind of bad.

I admit I'm not into these kinds of games but I can enjoy a pretty looking game when I see it. I hope better footage surfaces because whether it's 1080 p or 720p it still looks pretty underwhelming.

giantsx6

Banned
Yeah because their games are stripped way down and not trying to compete with PS4. Textures, lighting and all that other tech stuff that goes into these modern games. XB1 can handle full HD too but it's going to look a hell of a lot worse than the PS4 version if they choose to go that route.
So Ryse looks worse than what PS4 game?

dolabla

Anybody else hoping it's true? Lol. I just want to see the meltdown from the Xbox fanboys who have been in denial over the power gap.

Kydd BlaZe

Godammit Microsoft...what have you done???

Gonna feel super wierd playing Call of Duty and Battlefield on Playstation next month. Xbox has always been my shooter box since the original Xbox. Looks like times are changin'...

Will probably still pick up an Xbox One next year for Titanfall and Halo 5 though.

Well if you give a major shit about resolution and want to fuss over stuff, definitely pretty major news,....... it's news, it's mildly significant too and indicative of the power difference in the consoles - but "pretty major" - only to a very small, very very VERY vocal minority.

WTF are we getting new consoles for if not for improved graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom